Sign in to follow this  
Jezzard

Nice guys don't finish 17th?

I''m quite a mild mannered, cool tempered individual. But when I''m playing football and the referee bottles giving me penalty I lose it. Was anyone else surprised at Cameron Jerome''s mild mannered reaction to having his wonder-goal ruled out? There was some mild shouting at the referee, but Chelsea or Man Utd. would have surrounded the referee. They are told to by their managers to do so. He won''t change his mind we''re told - no, he won''t. But he''d sure as hell give them a penalty when their centre back is bundled over in the box in the last minute.

Likewise when Glenn Murray should have been red-carded for his assault on Dorans (?), he didn''t stay down for long. We didn''t argue much. A few minutes later their full back does seven rolls and gets Tettey booked. Do we never learn? New Year''s Day 2014, Selhurst Park. Chamot strikes Wes'' face in front of the referee. Definite red card. Wes gets up immedaiately and shakes hands. Yellow card. And what do we get for our honesty? Two minutes later a penalty against us after a Jedinak dive at a corner. We could go back to Andy Johnson. And I''m only using examples from one fixture (incidentally given all these decisions Palace get against us, it''s amazing that Saturday was our first Premier League defeat against them).

I don''t want to see our players diving, but can we not let the referee know more vociferously when he''s made a howler? Surely our players are told this?

Comparing your reactions in an amateur game to professionals is a bit pointless, the consequences are mile apart. 

John Terry harassed the linesman on Saturday, that earned him a booking and the goalie was still sent off. If Cameron Jerome picked up a needless booking for dissent and it caused him to miss part of the season you''d probably say that was foolish.

How tight our board is all players have been told to play honest and fair so the club avoids hefty fines.

Keeps the Christmas bonus pot nice and large for the turkeys

One thing I feel Norwich have been guilty of, even under Hughton, is not being Premier League ''Savvy''.
Holt went down whenever he was clipped. He''d generally speaking win a free kick. Even then, he was the only player who would really do that.
We need to learn that the Premier League is full of teams cheating, either by diving, time wasting, rolling around on the floor, or whatever. I hate it, with a passion. But we probably do need to be a bit more ''aware''.

[quote user="hogesar"]One thing I feel Norwich have been guilty of, even under Hughton, is not being Premier League ''Savvy''.
Holt went down whenever he was clipped. He''d generally speaking win a free kick. Even then, he was the only player who would really do that. [/quote]Snoddy was another hoggy but they were both condemned for it on here.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="hogesar"]One thing I feel Norwich have been guilty of, even under Hughton, is not being Premier League ''Savvy''.
Holt went down whenever he was clipped. He''d generally speaking win a free kick. Even then, he was the only player who would really do that. [/quote]Snoddy was another hoggy but they were both condemned for it on here.
[/quote]

Good thing too, although Holty was cuter at it than Snodgrass.  Snoddy would get as far as he could, realise he wasn''t going to get any further and would fall down then.  Holty would generally do it in situations that a player would not be expected to go down.   Either way, though, seeing big players tumble like they did was not a pleasant sight anytime.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="hogesar"]One thing I feel Norwich have been guilty of, even under Hughton, is not being Premier League ''Savvy''.
[/quote]
Ah, correct Lappin! Thought I was missing someone. But hey, Snoddy was also condemned for being our highest goal scorer and best player that season.

I can remember Wes going down to win a penalty last season. Which is pretty unusual for Wes, normally he''s a player who gets hacked to bits and is only given fouls some of the time.

Also I can remember BJ''s reaction to Joey Barton''s "head butt" for QPR.

I think with Jerome if he''d protested more, he''d probably just have got a card for it.

I do think Dorrans is probably a genuinely nice guy and that''s why he didn''t over do it when he was fouled.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="hogesar"]One thing I feel Norwich have been guilty of, even under Hughton, is not being Premier League ''Savvy''.
[/quote]Good thing too, although Holty was cuter at it than Snodgrass.  Snoddy would get as far as he could, realise he wasn''t going to get any further and would fall down then.  Holty would generally do it in situations that a player would not be expected to go down.   Either way, though, seeing big players tumble like they did was not a pleasant sight anytime.[/quote]But you never liked Snoddy. Even the binners gave him less stick than you did - and still do.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="hogesar"]One thing I feel Norwich have been guilty of, even under Hughton, is not being Premier League ''Savvy''.
[/quote]Good thing too, although Holty was cuter at it than Snodgrass.  Snoddy would get as far as he could, realise he wasn''t going to get any further and would fall down then.  Holty would generally do it in situations that a player would not be expected to go down.   Either way, though, seeing big players tumble like they did was not a pleasant sight anytime.[/quote]But you never liked Snoddy. Even the binners gave him less stick than you did - and still do.[/quote]
I knew LDC would get involved on a Snoddy comment Lappin [:D].
Hilariously, he''s somehow tried to differentiate from Holt and Snodgrass winning free-kicks, which he''d of course have to do baring in mind his completely unwarranted criticism of Snodgrass in comparison to his love-in with Holt.

Maybe he''s just professional? When has all that shouting and complaining at officials ever changed anything?

[quote user="alartz"]How tight our board is all players have been told to play honest and fair so the club avoids hefty fines.

Keeps the Christmas bonus pot nice and large for the turkeys[/quote]

Surely we get free turkeys? Arent half our team sponsored by Banham Poultry?