Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Dwight Gayle £6m

My view on this is that I want a striker who is better than what we have.

However, if that''s not possible for whatever reason then a player like Gayle could do a job for us. He may not improve the quality of squad but he would give it more depth, if we lose Jerome for a spell then having a player of a similar quality to step in would give us a better chance than having to rely on Grabs and Hoops to take the responsibility.

So yes, improve the squad if we can, but there is merit in bringing in someone of a similar quality to Cams.

If we get him then he is plan D let alone plan B. He is top end of the championship and the fact that no other premiership club are interested speaks volumes. He is very similar to simeon Jackson who played a vital part in our promotion but no impact at all in the EPL. After the play off final i was very optimistic about our prospects but have been bemused by our lack of success in the transfer market which makes our task more difficult

As someone just posted on twitter Bristol City bid £6 million for Gayle Hull bid £7 million for Gray and Norwich bid £4.5 million for a full Italian international ,are we serious .You can only conclude the people we have trying to do these deals have not got a clue and its going to cost us .

Why take his ten goals from last season out of the calculation then Tettey? What is his true strike rate?

I quite rate the guy. He puts himself around is quite pacey and his finishing is ok. Better than Grabbin imo. Palace are really splashing the cash this season, trying to push to the next level, which is fair enough. Would prefer either of our other two confirmed targets but Gayle wouldn''t be a disaster by any means

[quote user="CanaryOne"]As someone just posted on twitter Bristol City bid £6 million for Gayle Hull bid £7 million for Gray and Norwich bid £4.5 million for a full Italian international ,are we serious .You can only conclude the people we have trying to do these deals have not got a clue and its going to cost us .[/quote]Or you could conclude that people are idiots for believing everything they believe on twitter........

That was more a follow up to the guy saying he was Simeon Jackson mark 2. 12 goals in 48 games but mainly from the bench hence I put his minute strike rate down.

Yorkshire wrote

"After the play off final i was very optimistic about our prospects but have been bemused by our lack of success in the transfer market which makes our task more difficult "

Agreed.

Something seems to be wrong with our recruitment policy.

Destro and Curtis Davis at this stage would be acceptable.

Its a pity Grabban, Hooper, RVW and Lafferty all aren''t quite at the level required.

I''d back Jerome though to score 10 goals this season and Hooper is worth keeping to bring off the bench.

Yorkshire, I find it odd that you compare Gayle''s impact to Jackson''s: Dwight scored 12 in 48 PL appearances compared to Simeon''s 4 in 35, rather better than twice the strike rate.

He probably isn''t what we would expect, or might hope for (being a bit of a tiddler, not a powerful line leader), but he is a proven goal scorer in the PL.

In today''s market, £6m is a great price for him. Name me another striker who got double figures in the premiership last season we could get for even double that. Palace spent £8m on him before he even played at a decent level. Still think they are mad replacing him with wickham but I guess they want to make the most out of their midfield as it''s the best in the league outside the top 6.

CanaryOne wrote the following post at 13/08/2015 9:29 PM:

As someone just posted on twitter Bristol City bid £6 million for Gayle Hull bid £7 million for Gray and Norwich bid £4.5 million for a full Italian international ,are we serious .
You can only conclude the people we have trying to do these deals have not got a clue and its going to cost us .

CO while we cannot be certain everything on twitter is correct - your assumption that we dont know what we are doing probably is not far from the truth

[quote user="Newton"]

CanaryOne wrote the following post at 13/08/2015 9:29 PM:

As someone just posted on twitter ,are we serious .
You can only conclude the people we have trying to do these deals have not got a clue and its going to cost us .

Bristol City bid £6 million for Gayle Hull bid £7 million for Gray and Norwich bid £4.5 million for a full Italian international

CO while we cannot be certain everything on twitter is correct - your assumption that we dont know what we are doing probably is not far from the truth

[/quote]

"Bristol City bid £6 million for Gayle Hull bid £7 million for Gray and Norwich bid £4.5 million for a full Italian international."

Never even thought of it like that