Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Dwight Gayle £6m

Sky Sources: Crystal Palace accept initial bid of £6m from Bristol City for Dwight Gayle #SSNHQ

We will maybe find out if we want him or not now.

[quote user="Jim Moriarty"]There certainly seems to be an increasing number of Championship clubs who are more willing to pay big money for players.[/quote]Haven''t Nottingham Forest just been issued with a winding up order? A sign that Champs clubs are pushing themselves to the limit again, look at what Boro are spending.As more money is available in the Prem it is falsely inflating the value of average players, unfortunately.

have financial fair play rules actually achieved anything?

Transfer fee''s seem to inflate each window, and clubs still overspend without any concern for repercussion.

[quote user="ricardo"]The non existent queue of Premier teams for his signature should tell you something.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

Majority of links to us are purely agents just throwing names and seeing if they stick. It''s been made clear were after a striker so it''s their way of trying to get them a bigger move.

A good Championship player in my eyes, hope he does well next to the great wilbrahamovic

Regardless of whether Gayle is Premier League class or not - I think he''s a bit of a borderline Robert Earnshaw type of player - I''m impressed by Bristol City''s ambition as a newly promoted club.Don''t know what their financial position is but they''re not in the land of milk and honey like we are. Had they been after Brady I bet they wouldn''t have gone in with a derisory opening bid like one club I could mention. Quality costs money.Let''s hope we don''t do our usual '' little ol'' Norwich '' routine when we finally do get another striker.

Bristol City are in a very good place now, a very wealthy owner who is rebuilding their stadium and supporting Rugby, Hockey etc in getting them all sharing same academy facilities etc, they could do very well this season in the chumps.

When he was warming up on Saturday I honestly thought he was a Norwich ball boy who had chucked on a Palace tracksuit.

I actually think he''s a decent player, Palace fans that I know certainly rate him yet many of our supporters seem determined to know better based purely, it seems, on match stats; the game is far more than that, though.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I actually think he''s a decent player, Palace fans that I know certainly rate him yet many of our supporters seem determined to know better based purely, it seems, on match stats; the game is far more than that, though.[/quote]But the people who do matter at Palace do not rate him or they would not be getting shot of a player they paid £6 million for and have hardly used .Some Norwich fans will tell you Russ Martin is a good center back but i bet no other Premiership club would want him .

The rumour has resurfaced and now, according to reports, he is waiting out a move to us over Bristol. I understand what people are saying, but he was never really given a chance at Palace and over his 2 season, has a goal every 164 minutes. Less than 1 in 2.

(*ducks and covers for the inevitable sh1tstorm*)

Is he really any BETTER than what we''ve already got? He isn''t is he?. I can see Hooper joining the likes of Middlesbrough with Gayle then being his replacement, which would seem pretty pointless to me - might as well keep Hooper, who I''m sure many would agree is better than Gayle anyway.

We need to dispose of RvW, Grabban and Lafferty and buy a striker of equivalent, or better, quality to Jerome for whom Hooper can support dependent on the nature of the match.

Of course, a starting RCB should be an even higher priority.

Tend to agree HC, although I''d keep Grabban rather than Hooper.

Impressed with Gayle. Looks a bit different to what we''ve got - Simeon Jackson type, perhaps, but with better finishing? Too small to lead the line though I suspect. Wages £18k/week (allegedly), so not exorbitant for a PL striker.

I think the blockage causing Alex''s frustration is down to clubs & players not making their minds up till the last moment. Lot of house sale type chains going on I reckon.

Could be an interesting deadline day!

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We need to dispose of RvW, Grabban and Lafferty[/quote]You missed Hooper - he must be No.1 on the list going through the "out door"

I really rate Dwight Gayle, but in the same way I rate Gary Hooper.

Both are exceptional finishers, with good quality on the ball, but I struggle to see how either fits into an Alex Neil type team.

Either could do really well in the right team, but i''m not sure whether that is us.

Bottom line, if he signs then I support him completely. If he doesn''t, good luck to him elsewhere - as long as he doesn''t go to Ipswich. (As if they''d ever spend £6m on a player anyway!)

Well circling in the press today he''s pressed pause on his proposed move in case Norwich are interested - but I''ve not actually seen anything concrete stating we''ve made a bid!

Supposedly we''ve made a bit for the italien guy though!

I feel a bit sorry for Gayle tbh. He would be a good buy but only in addition to a big hitting striker. If we can get RVW off the books then he would be a top alternative and better still, he really wants to join us. We usually do well with ex Peterborough players as well...

Going after Gayle would strike me as a signal that we can''t get anyone else and are caving in to the clamour for a signing at any price. I hope it doesn''t happen.

I think Gayle is our ''Plan B'' signing if we fail to get Destro or Mbokani. Looks like we''re serious about wanting Destro; just not 100% sure if we can pull it off - Mbokani deal seems to have stalled; I remember something about his previous club before Dinamo wanting some outstanding debt paid off before he moves on again, maybe that''s it? He''s not been anywhere near the Dinamo first team since April and clearly wants out, so I kinda think we might end up getting him on deadline day; I very much want to see some movement before that though!

Seems he has been told by Bristol city he has until the end of the week to decide. I wonder if we will try get an answer from destro or whoever before then? It''s a shame we can''t offload wolf so we can get Gayle now and then still get another striker. Gayle has pace and pl success that none of our others have but we are still a goal getting target man short.

I''m not convinced by Gayle, he can be a very dangerous striker but like our own current strikers, not consistent enough for the top flight and agree not an improvement on what we have.

Still can''t believe no defenders linked with us, just over two weeks to go, hope we are not reliant on Turner & Bennett as cover for the not so solid Bassong / Martin CB combo!

Perhaps we should just go with Gayle for £6m and not too much money given he is desperate to join us (well a prem side) and we can then focus the last remaining money and time on a centre back.

We seem to be messing around with plan a list targets and to get them marquee players, perhaps we are simply too stingy or not rich enough. Gayle might be more motivated with us than some fancy foreigner anyway.

Say we got him and someone like Curtis Davies, I''d be confident of survival. Surely between Gayle and our current lot of ''not quite prem quality'' strikers, we could just about eek enough goals out provided our back four gets back to its bestbest. It might not be pretty, maybe even hughtonesque at times but if we get 17th, will anyone really be bothered about the football style first season back?

Then we can think about the likes of shaquiri and cabaye once we get that £120m cheque.