Sign in to follow this  
Trent Canary

Crouchy to Liverpool

7 Million, somehow I think the scousers got a bit ripped off there. He is good, but not champions league. Either way good luck to him, always seemed like a good bloke.

Who have the saints got left in attack now hes gone? Phillips, Ormerod and Pahars?

Phillips went to Villa about a month ago.

Crouch is an excellent player - I think he will do excellently for them, Benitez likes to shuffle his pack and Crouch scored 16 goals in 24 premiership games last season.

Phillips has gone to Villa.  So basically Southampton have had the heart ripped out of the team.  At the game at St Marys last season Crouchy, Phillips and Le Saux (retired) were their key players.  If they lose Niemi then they will be finished as a threat.

So moaners and whingers, look at Southampton and Ipswich (Bent, Counago, Miller, Davis and Kuqi) who could have both been promotion hopefuls and get a grip on reality.  This could easily be us, but luckily we have a board and manager that have kept hold of all of our key players. 

phillips is now at villa

omerod is god knows where and poor

pahars is prob on the surgery table

all they got is that dextor blackstock i rekon! they will be stayin in fizzy pop for a wile i think!!

Phillips went to the Villa for around 1.2m

Looks like they are stuffed with regards to fire power!

[quote]7 Million, somehow I think the scousers got a bit ripped off there. He is good, but not champions league. Either way good luck to him, always seemed like a good bloke. Who have the saints got left in...[/quote]

Terrific news - with Phillips at Villa that takes out the only decent bit of sotons team - how they use the £7m - to service debt/wages or reinvest in players will be interesting - but the new player/striker wont be a patch on Crouchy.

Now - can we get anyone interested in a serial diver from sarf london?

OTBC

He did well on England''s tour of America though.  Linked up well with Owen and Benitez must know what he can get out of a player, can you imagine a Riise long throw into the box? He will win loads of flick-ons and if Owen does go back it will be a deadly combination.  Remember Toshack & Keegan anyone?

Phillips has already left Saints and signed for Villa Trent C.

I''m not sure whether I think Crouch going to Liverpool for 7 million is good news for us or not. Obviously it weakens Saints attack considerably, but presumably they''ll now have a fair bit of cash to spend on replacements. 

Oh and just out of curiosity is your avatar (or whatever it''s called) Henson dumping Tait in the 6N? 

Sorry everyone regarding phillips - Think I was on my holidays when that one happened. Either way it still leaves them a bit bare.

Rosario - I think its Mark Taylor on Dan luger from a few years back, dunno why I chose it, I post on a rugby forum and use a pic of the famous dump tackle from wilko on some french bloke (Name escapes me right now, Ntamack?), but it was too big for this forum! So had to go with some welsh git

Somehow over 1 million per foot of his lanky frame does not seem like good business from the merseyside club. Good on the saints for getting that price for him, although i hope mr. Redknapps back pocket isnt big enough to go and buy lots of new good players.

Jamie Redknapp has also retired and he was very handy for them when he played last season- often kept their midfield ticking along. Harry might leave too which will be interesting as Rupert Lowe has odd views on who is management material and might not give much of the £7m to the manager to spend.

This transfer fee sounds quite steep to me - although Crouchy will be worth it if he can produce the goods. Shows how quickly transfer fees become inflated when players have a decent season, doesn''t it. Correct me if I''m wrong, but we could probably have bought him for only £2.5 million a year ago.

I saw an interview with Redknapp yesterday on Sky sports news, it really seems as though his heart isnt it and that hes a bit ticked off with his board.

Kinda think he regrets leaving portsmouth!

I think he''s a top player. When we played Southampton last season i called him a Freak but it was just jealousy cos we could of done with his quality, and i''m a bit on the short side (so my wife to be keeps telling me).

Anyway, good luck to you Peter. I hope you and Liverpool do great things next season.

"Kinda think he regrets leaving portsmouth! "

Yep, there is much giggling and mirth here. Remember when he was at Pompey ''Arry said that there was no way he could work with anybody else on the footballing side and if Jim Smith was not kept on he would walk out. He also famously said in front of the TV cameras that there was no way he would go to "that lot down the road". Before the start of the season he had also said what a great squad So''ton had and how lucky Strachan was compared to him, when he joined them he decided after all that the squad was rubbish and if he could keep them up it would all be down to how clever he was.

Well, of course he finished up going down the road and now it looks like he will have to work with Woodward, Jim Smith has been sacked and surprise surprise he is still at So''ton. I think it is more a case of he now really has nowhere else to go and I reckon that if they are only mid-table by Christmas we may well see him resigning and retiring back down to Bournemouth.

Mark .Y.

[quote]I think he''s a top player. When we played Southampton last season i called him a Freak but it was just jealousy cos we could of done with his quality, and i''m a bit on the short side (so my wife to be...[/quote]

Bit of a hypocrite aren''t we Andy? I was there mate you meant every word. I take it you are one of these supporters who only sees the team in yellow and doesn''t appreciate good football from other teams. Sort it out mate.

[quote]7 Million, somehow I think the scousers got a bit ripped off there. He is good, but not champions league. Either way good luck to him, always seemed like a good bloke. Who have the saints got left in...[/quote]

I think they also have Dexter Blackstock. I KNOW I''M WORRIED TOO!!!!!