Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

mattia destro

Although McCormack isn''t worth £11m, he''s had a fantastic season with Fulham despite playing on the left for most of it - scoring even more goals than Jerome. Scored shit loads when he played upfront for Leeds. Downsides are: he''s a bit tubby.

I''d have him for £6-8m, but would prefer to see what Mbokani can do (or perhaps we''re after another striker?)

Id happily go for McCormack - have kept an eye on his progress since he was picked up by Cardiff (from Motherwell, I think), but only at the right price. What Fulham apparently paid was just a stupid amount.

Must say I agree Mrs M He wouldn''t be my first choice and yet I think he fits Sir Alex''s demands in many ways. He''s a strong lad and a good character. Leeds supporters had great respect for him and he was a captain under difficult circumstances. It was unfortunate that he arrived at Fulham, a club which was to have a season in turmoil.

Destro could be a decent signing with 24 goals for Roma in a season however Prem and Serie A are miles apart and I can''t see him scoring more than 10/12 goals for us. That could be enough though if Brady and Redmond can chip in regularly. Destro is the best attacking rumour I''ve heard this summer and he''d make a far bigger impact than Gayle or Mkokani.

I think we are running out of options however I hope AN has considered Kevin Augustin (Loan) and Michu.

Mattia Destro is joining Bologna.

This is a rumour used to push the deal over the line. Roma have been happy to let Destro move on for some time, his loan at Milan was a limited success, though kept him in the shop window.

Destroy has already agreed personal terms at Bologna and his agent is working on the final terms of the transfer, mostly involving details between Bologna and Roma.

Parma

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Although McCormack isn''t worth £11m, he''s had a fantastic season with Fulham despite playing on the left for most of it - scoring even more goals than Jerome. Scored shit loads when he played upfront for Leeds. Downsides are: he''s a bit tubby.

I''d have him for £6-8m, but would prefer to see what Mbokani can do (or perhaps we''re after another striker?)[/quote]

Hey look Miggins, I agree with you again!

I know the Destro thing is basically the most unlikely thing ever, I would happily take him on for 11 mill pounds over a guy like McCormack as well (I would not want to pay that for him, Rhodes (who I love, though I get the questions and is still better than McCormack)) I wouldn''t nec. want to pay that but would have less issue with. McCormack at the 7-9 mill area I''d live with.

Also kind of seems like M''Bokani is either holding out for more money or different offers from other leagues/or has already told Norwich to move along. I''d be surprised if that one comes off (which I''m not heartbroken about), only disappointing in the sense that most of the targets we know of have shown little to no interest of coming, and it''s not like they are a class above...

[quote user="jaemae2"]Also kind of seems like M''Bokani is either holding out for more money or different offers from other leagues/or has already told Norwich to move along. I''d be surprised if that one comes off (which I''m not heartbroken about), only disappointing in the sense that most of the targets we know of have shown little to no interest of coming, and it''s not like they are a class above...[/quote]Not even a class above Hooper? [;)]

Looking at their attributes, I would much rather have someone like Mbokani than McCormack.

He''s done well at championship level but I simply don''t see how he is worth £7-9million and if you start wandering into that territory in terms of price then you may as well look at the next level up abroad.

Hell, although he may be out of our reach, Austin is supposedly available for £12-15million, Rhodes too and I would sooner have either of them than McCormack who turns 29 next week. At 5''9" I''m not sure McCormack is the striker we are looking for either.

He might be a good replacement for Hooper if he wants to move on as I could see him playing left mid / in the hole or as a striker - not sure if he could play the lone role though.

[quote user="Barossa"]Speak to any Blackburn fan, Rhodes is not as good as Gestede[/quote]

This is hilariously thick.

Alex Neil has confirmed Destro is on the radar.

this to me means one of 2 things

1. It''s on! and he could reaslitically by our player

or

2. we are trying to force someone''s hand.. probably got a bid in for a player elsewhere who''s club are dragging their feet over a decision and we are trying to force them to "choke" and panic sell?

If we rearly want him have to offer proper money and not mess about with prices below what you would charge for an average championship striker

[quote user="Newton"]If we rearly want him have to offer proper money and not mess about with prices below what you would charge for an average championship striker[/quote]Surely that depends entirely on what his club are looking for?There''s no point paying 8-10mil when they may have sold for 5-6, and it may well be that it''s a more structured deal with say 4.5mil upfront with further payments based on performances with a healthy sell on percentage for them as well.

I think that it debunks the theory he has flat out rejected us as Neil thinks it''s still a possibility. That said, i cant really see him joining us over another safer Italian club.

If we do get him, it will presumably be because we''ve offered him a pretty good but short deal. Maybe with a relegation release clause in there. The question is, do we really want a player who has to be thoroughly convinced to join us and has an easy way to leave should things go wrong.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]I think that it debunks the theory he has flat out rejected us as Neil thinks it''s still a possibility. That said, i cant really see him joining us over another safer Italian club.

If we do get him, it will presumably be because we''ve offered him a pretty good but short deal. Maybe with a relegation release clause in there. The question is, do we really want a player who has to be thoroughly convinced to join us and has an easy way to leave should things go wrong.[/quote]His stock has clearly gone down a bit in recent times – maybe a change of scenery in what is definitely a stronger league will appeal to him? If he is willing to come here, even if it''s on a shorter contract and/or with a relegation release clause, to me that shows more ambition than taking a ''safe'' loan move in Serie A. Sure it''s a risk for both parties, but so is paying £10m for a Rhodes/McCormack figure unproven at the top level. To sign a talented full Italian international at what will presumably be a cut price is a risk well worth taking in my opinion.

God it all sounds a bit too sensible on here with the last few posts.

I agree though.. I think AN is trying to force a few things through and make his intentions clear.

At least he isn''t just denying everything. When he gets asked about a player he seems to be giving genuine answers, which is refreshing. Not just "we''ll tell you when there''s something to report". More like "yes, he''s been discussed" or "that''s news to me"

Anyone else notice when you type his name on google this is what it says:

"Mattia Destro (Italian pronunciation: [matˈtia ˈdɛstro]; born 20 March 1991) is an Italian professional footballer who plays for Norwich City,"