Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

mattia destro

Doesn''t strike me as an Alex Neil type player.

Perhaps another case of agents leaking false information about us being interested in a player to drive his price up?

We do seem to have become the go-to club for that in Italy...

Good age and scores goals at a high level.

Not sure he''s the loan striker type more a Hooper replacement?

Still only rumour nothing firm so no point in getting excited yet!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2730892/Mattia-Destro-Everything-need-know-Roma-s-forward-Tottenham-interested-him.html

Previous wage demands of 90k so unlikely any truth in this one, but hope I''m wrong

Season-long loan with an option to buy if we stay up would be great. He would not come cheap, but is of a highly impressive calibre. Not the physical ''outlet'' that we need to hold the ball up, but as a predatory fox-in-the-box striker he''d be excellent. Would be delighted if this were true.

Exciting if not very reliable link! Scores plenty, not the big, tall striker we are supposedly after but useful if we offload RVW.

[quote user="CTID"]It''s like Juan Quintero all over again. My guess is 14 pages...[/quote]He''s only 24, so even if we don''t get him this window he could become the new Quagliarella... [:)]

His goalscoring record is very good, and you''d have to say that he fits the bill of improving our current options. The money in Serie A isn''t what it used to be so wages shouldn''t be an issue unless he''s stupidly greedy- maybe not wanting to leave Italy would be a bigger issue.However, as has been said, we''ve been linked with a lot of players from Italy for no good reason, so it may just be agents drumming up interest again.I really hope this does come off though. I''ve just moved to Italy, so signing an Italian international would certainly be interesting and appealing to me...

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]He has played for AC Milan and AS Roma so will obviously be desperate to play at Carrow Road.[/quote]I don''t think is really relevant- it depends on where a player is in his career and if he''s been performing recently.Esteban Cambiasso played for Real Madrid and Inter, but he still went to Leicester. Bojan played for Barca, Milan, Roma and Ajax but still went to Stoke (Stoke!?)[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Oswald Cobblepot"]Very good little player. Would love to see him here . . . Can''t see this happening though![/quote]Good he may be but don''t we desperately need a battering ram type of player right now ?[/quote]This is maybe more relevant. A targetman who can score a few would be ideal, but if we can get a fox-in-the-box to hit double figures, that would be useful too (whether it is Destro or someone else).

This is probably a load of rubbish and the lack of credible news is causing growing concern. They will have to get a wiggle on if the new forward is to be in by saturday

Looks like this isn''t happening http://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=http%3A%2F%2Ffootball-italia.net%2F70890%2Fdestro-verge-bologna-move#article/footballitalia-70890

There has been a few of these talked up transfers like the guy in Serie B and Quintero

Hope McCormack isn''t one of the options - really don''t see him as premier league improvement on Hooper

[quote user="Tommo"]Looks like this isn''t happening http://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=http%3A%2F%2Ffootball-italia.net%2F70890%2Fdestro-verge-bologna-move#article/footballitalia-70890

There has been a few of these talked up transfers like the guy in Serie B and Quintero

Hope McCormack isn''t one of the options - really don''t see him as premier league improvement on Hooper[/quote]

You may desperately want to makes sure you haven''t completely lost your eyesight then.

McCormack is over rated. The fee Fulham paid for him would underline that and suggest that they wouldn''t accept much less to buy him. If we are going to go down the £11+million then we may as well try someone a bit more adventurous than McCormack who, IMHO, represents a larger risk considering he is a week off 29.

McCormack totally overrated and if Fulham want somewhere near £11m they paid for him then that ain''t value for money and not prem league class - squad player rather than leading the line like Mbokani could and smaller transfer fee