Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Kevin Friend

One of the most anti Norwich refs going. I remember Norwich v Leicester ( I think definitely in blue ) booked 6 Norwich players before booking a Leicester player late in the game which should have been red.

Villa v Norwich on our return to the top flight Pilkington said something to the linesman Friend had his yellow card out before reaching Pilkington shortly after this a Villa player (Warnock I think) was even more aggressive to the linesman but was only told to calm down. Hoolahan took a quick free kick a Villa player only a couple of yards away intercepted and was away Friend allopwed the game to continue then booked Hoolahan for complaining.

Sorry but we are up against 12 again tomorrow.

I can remember a game he did when we were in league one. Was a home game, and he was awfull, dunno how I remember it but I remember him missing the most blatant penalty even. When the doc went to flick it past someone in the area and it hit the defenders hand. Up the river end.

[quote user="ridgeman"]One of the most anti Norwich refs going. I remember Norwich v Leicester ( I think definitely in blue ) booked 6 Norwich players before booking a Leicester player late in the game which should have been red.

Villa v Norwich on our return to the top flight Pilkington said something to the linesman Friend had his yellow card out before reaching Pilkington shortly after this a Villa player (Warnock I think) was even more aggressive to the linesman but was only told to calm down. Hoolahan took a quick free kick a Villa player only a couple of yards away intercepted and was away Friend allopwed the game to continue then booked Hoolahan for complaining.

Sorry but we are up against 12 again tomorrow.[/quote]he got it spot on thenHoolahan is often guilty of the quick free quick when he should be waiting

Sounds like we are scraping the barrel for reasons to hate him. Hopefully better than last week at least. Hooper had proper previous with us with the Olsson incident, wouldn''t be surprised if he genuinely didn''t like us, absolutely shocking!

Win today and I''ll forget all about that helmet though.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="ridgeman"]One of the most anti Norwich refs going. I remember Norwich v Leicester ( I think definitely in blue ) booked 6 Norwich players before booking a Leicester player late in the game which should have been red.

Sorry but we are up against 12 again tomorrow.[/quote]he got it spot on thenHoolahan is often guilty of the quick free quick when he should be waiting[/quote]

Wrong - if a player takes a quick free kick and it hits another player no problem if the opposition actually plays the ball and is not ten yards he should be booked. Lets not slow the game down to the point that we have to await the referees whistle every time.

I believe the law states that you have to be 10 yards away from a free-kick and if struck by said free-kick no matter how quickly taken you should be yellow carded for infringement.

All this wait for a proper free-kick or take a short free-kick with no distance rules is tosh!

At the end of the day if that was the case as said above it''ll slow the game down, and everyone will just run in front of the ball to stop quick free-kicks being taken because they won''t get penalized for it.

Next you''ll be telling me they''ve changed the rules so that people have to fall over in the box to be given a penalty...