Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Go Get Him

Charlie Austin forget the bigger clubs no one has come in for him. He is a proven scorer and if we can''t spend £15m and offer £45k wages (less than Lafferty and Van Wolfswinkle combined) then we may as well consign ourselves to relegation.

Proven scorer at this level, exactly what we need and for me he would guarantee survival. With his relegation clause only earning £25k a week. He wants to be playing in Premiership and be perfect foil for likes of Redmond and Hoolahan. Only reason people are bulking at price is due to only having one year left on contract by for for me if he had two years left we would be looking at £20m+ player.

We can spend near £9m on Ricky who was unproven, if we could down his resale value would still be significant.

This is not unrealistic we just need ambition and not be little old Norwich all the time. People seem to think we can''t spend £20-£30m in a season but we can as the money is massive now. History tells us not to be slow such as Dean Ashton we waiting till Jan transfer window and it was too late in the game. Had it been Aug we would of stayed up.

[quote user="Capt_Canary"]Charlie Austin forget the bigger clubs no one has come in for him. He is a proven scorer and if we can''t spend £15m and offer £45k wages (less than Lafferty and Van Wolfswinkle combined) then we may as well consign ourselves to relegation.

Proven scorer at this level, exactly what we need and for me he would guarantee survival. With his relegation clause only earning £25k a week. He wants to be playing in Premiership and be perfect foil for likes of Redmond and Hoolahan. Only reason people are bulking at price is due to only having one year left on contract by for for me if he had two years left we would be looking at £20m+ player.

We can spend near £9m on Ricky who was unproven, if we could down his resale value would still be significant.

This is not unrealistic we just need ambition and not be little old Norwich all the time. People seem to think we can''t spend £20-£30m in a season but we can as the money is massive now. History tells us not to be slow such as Dean Ashton we waiting till Jan transfer window and it was too late in the game. Had it been Aug we would of stayed up.[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

Spot on Captain!

I think they''ve said he''s available for £13m which, to me, seems a bargain when you compare it to some of the other fees this window. He''s a good age, and a proven goalscorer. Exactly what we need.

Whether he would want to come is a different matter, but it would be criminal of us not to try and persuade him.

I might be confused here but didn''t Austin get relegated last season ?? so how would he confirm our status in the league

If you don''t ask the question ,, we will never know !

I posted exactly the sMe sentiments already " is Charlie Austin really so much of a gamble"

I for one do not think so for the reasons stated , not expensive by current standards and recoup able either way , sale if relegated , success of staying up is obvious .

I wouldn''t be surprised to see him here by the end of the window.

Would be a shame to have signed him late, the sort of guy that could have helped us get off to a flyer, but better late than never.

Yes please.

[quote user="Capt_Canary"]Charlie Austin forget the bigger clubs no one has come in for him. He is a proven scorer and if we can''t spend £15m and offer £45k wages (less than Lafferty and Van Wolfswinkle combined) then we may as well consign ourselves to relegation.

This is not unrealistic we just need ambition and not be little old Norwich all the time. People seem to think we can''t spend £20-£30m in a season but we can as the money is massive now. History tells us not to be slow such as Dean Ashton we waiting till Jan transfer window and it was too late in the game. Had it been Aug we would of stayed up.[/quote]Lets analyse that statement by looking at our last 3 seasons in the Premier League. Our first 2 seasons we spent modestly in the transfer market and had 2 midtable finishes, are third season we broke the clubs transfer record and spent more on transfers then we have done in the history of the club..... and got relegated. So why on earth do you think we are consigned to relegation if we don''t sign Austin, despite him getting relegated just last season, in a team that spent loads on transfers and wages? You need to get your head out of the sand and realise we don''t have that sort of money to spend on one player, we are coming off the back of a season in the Championship with championship revenue.If we signed Austin and went down, we aren''t guranteed to recoup most of that money, just like we are going to take a big hit on RVW, plenty of players have had a wonder season in the Premier League then been absolute pants and fall down the footballing pyramid.You are correct about history showing not to be slow in signing a player such as Dean Ashton, but history is also contradicting every other point you make.

Gary Hooper + how much cash for Austin?

I wouldn''t be surprised if QPR were well up for a player plus cash deal. They would get a good finisher and someone who has shown they can be prolific in the right setup. they wouldn''t have the hassle of finding a good replacement striker, which let''s be honest, we know isn''t easy. They''d have a wedge of cash too.

Would Hooper + £5m do it? Start at Hooper + £3m and see where it goes....

If he is willing to come here then yes it''s a no brainer. Won''t happen unfortunately.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Would Hooper + £5m do it? Start at Hooper + £3m and see where it goes....[/quote]

Are you seriously valuing Gary Hooper at £10m? I like him, but £10m?

As for Austin, he''d definitely command more than £45k p/w in wages, and if a club was to bid for him, I think a few others would too, so It isn''t as simple as saying whoever is the first to offer £15m will get him.

For what its worth I have heard on the grape vine that Austin like Fer will fail a medical if up for transfer

QPR brought him originally without a medical - he has some hip problem I understand

That''s why he''s still at QPR, do we buy even tho he wont pass a medical or not ?

No, I''m not saying Hooper is worth £10m. I''m also not necessarily saying that Austin is worth £15m either.

But look at the crazy prices for strikers in particular, in this transfer window. Look what Championship teams are paying for strikers. Do I think these players are worth what teams are paying for them? No, but if that''s the going rate, that is what you pay or you miss out.

Bearing in mind the above, what is Hooper worth?

I do agree, though that as the end of the window approaches and as soon as a team shows their hand with a bid(s) for Austin and especially if one of the bids is accepted, then a couple of other Prem teams might make a move for him.

[quote user="Newton"]For what its worth I have heard on the grape vine that Austin like Fer will fail a medical if up for transfer

QPR brought him originally without a medical - he has some hip problem I understand

That''s why he''s still at QPR, do we buy even tho he wont pass a medical or not ?[/quote]

Medical or no medical, he has never suffered a serious injury in his career, and anyway, many players have failed medicals but not gone on to suffer injuries. Surely he''d be worth the risk for someone- even if this is true?

However, it does sound like a handy bargaining tool for prospective buyers...

[quote user="Newton"]For what its worth I have heard on the grape vine that Austin like Fer will fail a medical if up for transfer

That''s why he''s still at QPR, do we buy even tho he wont pass a medical or not ?[/quote]

he failed a medical at hull before he joined qpr

45k?

I''m sure it''s been quoted before he wants 85k plus. Anybody thinks we can afford 85k doesn''t understand footballers - every new player we sign and all key players atm would then want the same and it would spiral out of control

I still think he''s off to spurs or similar. If he does become available then yes we should pay the money and do a deal but there will be loads of clubs thinking similar to us.

Maybe if they get desperate, we can loan him :-P

Austin for £15?

or Daestro and Mbokani for £15m?

I''d personally go for the latter.

Yes he had a good season, but so have many other players. If he''s really that good bigger clubs would be after him.

[quote user="ricardo"]Why is there no queue for his signature?[/quote] didn''t see a queue for Brady, Hooper or RVW did you? Means nothing. When Bristol City are contemplating spending between £5 to £6 million on Gayle then we as a PL club should be looking to sign players like this