Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Outdated Ownership Model

Re: Outdated Ownership Model

TIL 1010 wrote:

I am sure that our majority shareholders have a plan ready to implement the day they decide to take a back seat

TILL Really, where did you dream this one up - what is the plan then ?

Get your head out of the clouds the only plan they have now we are debt free is to hang on for grim death

Till Re

Newton wrote:

Dead Canary wrote the following post at 12/08/2015 12:51 PM:

Most importantly though we are investing more money eye than ever in improving the squad (look how much has been spent in the last three years, I remember signing the likes of Simon Whaley, Owen Tudor, Jason Jarrett and Ian Murray)

Dead C you are right - add to the names above Voo, Lafferty, Wolf & San Miquell. Must have cost the best part of £15M in transfer fees and we cant shift 3 of them following promotion. There wages alone will be £6M per year over the next 2 years - vast improvement as you say helped by our fantastic scouting network and last summer the Board throwing our cash at a novice manager who lasted 6 months before he jumped.

Those 4 alone account for £40M down the drain if we cant shift them

How lucky we are - let it continue - or perhaps we could have owners / a Board who knew what they were doing - would that be a good idea - no lets carry on chucking cash away - the posters on this board love that idea ?

Great stuff Binboy! Perhaps we should let the fans identify the transfer targets and new managers. A quick look through this message board shows what a good job we''d make of running the club. I''d have every confidence in the likes of you and VinnieBinnie. How could it not be a success...

No dopy Nigel, the fans should not identify transfers, my points were:-

Our Scouting set up is a disgrace

The Board threw money at an inexperienced manager who walked after 6 months

Next time I will use words with 3 or 4 letters so you can keep up

Dead Canary wrote the following post at 12/08/2015 5:05 PM:

Ha ha Newton where did you pluck those figures from you jumped from 15m to 40m wasted! Just some quick maths for you and this assumes your random figures are correct in anyway what so ever but 15m+6m+6m= 27m

Dead you clearly have not read my post, the figures I have quoted are what we outlaid in transfer fees and still have to pay in wages over the next 2 years. The remaining £13M is an estimate of wages to date

I get it now newton. You''re not suggesting the fans should do those things you''re suggesting you should. You, the semi literate laughing stock of this forum, should decide on scouting policies, managerial appointments and transfer dealings.

Why didn''t Purple think of that. The ideal candidate to be fan director is little old binboy himself.

I get it now newton. You''re not suggesting the fans should do those things you''re suggesting you should. You, the semi literate laughing stock of this forum, should decide on scouting policies, managerial appointments and transfer dealings.

Why didn''t Purple think of that. The ideal candidate to be fan director is little old binboy himself.

Silly immature Nigel you are a first class Troll. not responding to the view in my post, just making an unconnected statement abusing me, not unexpected from people of your intellect

To bring pontificating Purple into this is a scream - he states people should only take over businesses if they make public a 10 year business plan

What planet is he on - oh of course planet Zog the same one that you came from I forgot

[quote user="Newton"]

What planet is he on - oh of course planet Zog the same one that you came from I forgot[/quote]

I like it when people ask questions and then answer it themselves, it means we don''t have to bother.

The trouble with you Newton, is that you don''t see both sides of the argument.   You can''t see how successful the club have been compared to other clubs of a similar size - and bigger.   It is an almost unprecedented level of success.   Since McNally joined (who appointed him I wonder?) three promotions including  a Wembley final never to be forgotten and four years in the premier league.   So the combined ownership/heirachy of the club has seen a club virtually down and out club with crippling debt in 2009, into one of the healthiest clubs in the country.  An envy of many other clubs who rely on rich psuedo-fan owners to finance their sad attempts at being big clubs and who still languish near the bottom of the PL or in the championship. 

You have no argument to put forward, only a sad one sided agenda that is anti-current owners.  There are a few of you out there who persist in this unbalanced view of them. What is it? Jealousy? Been snubbed by someone in the club?  Just like being the sort that sees the down side of every situation?  

Most of us can see the difficulties club owners face in the face of running a club - and we can all criticise them for certain things - but most of us see the other side too.   It''s an up and down world in football and currently we are on the up.  Even the relegation didn''t set is back as far as it does other clubs - we went right back up again - and you can''t argue with success and the fantastic season for goals and excitement we had last year. 

So you unfortunatelty have nothing useful to say about NCFC - only a diatribe of negativity about all things Norwich.  Your trasnsfer rantings are just ridiculous - all transfers are a risk - some are good some are not so good - that''s football.  I daresay you love the attention you get from it, but largely you come across as a sad poster with an agenda , or even grudge against the club for some reason, or you are just no fan at all. 

I await your put down or passing insult with apathy, much like I do with most of your posts. We all have opinions which can be right or wrong, none of us is perfect, but you can''t argue with success. You try, time and time again - and I no doubt you''ll keep trying, but you fool no-one, except yourself. 

LDC no insults as you are commenting on my post unlike some of the other morons above

Agree with a lot of what you are saying - this is the key comment :-

Since McNally joined (who appointed him I wonder?) three promotions including  a Wembley final never to be forgotten and four years in the premier league.  

You are correct - it was a shambles before he came and we were heading for the conference under the Stowmarket 2''s guidance - he turned it round, but regretably, he still has not been able to resolve the scouting situation at the club and we have not brought in any other Football Manage acumen

The thing that concerns me the most is that he is just one man and of course only a paid employee who could well walk if something better came along and we would then be back in the brown stuff

[quote user="Newton"]

LDC no insults as you are commenting on my post unlike some of the other morons above

Agree with a lot of what you are saying - this is the key comment :-

Since McNally joined (who appointed him I wonder?) three promotions including  a Wembley final never to be forgotten and four years in the premier league.  

You are correct - it was a shambles before he came and we were heading for the conference under the Stowmarket 2''s guidance - he turned it round, but regretably, he still has not been able to resolve the scouting situation at the club and we have not brought in any other Football Manage acumen.  The thing that concerns me the most is that he is just one man and of course only a paid employee who could well walk if something better came along and we would then be back in the brown stuff

[/quote]

I draw your attention to the piece in brackets.  

Pre 2009 was dificult, no doubt, but going back to 2003, we were still struggling with finances/debt then but through the good auspices of the owners and then heirachy - and fans - we were able to get significant loans - Crouch/Hucks etc - which led to Hucks wanting to come to Norwich permanently - and the success of the promotion and year in the PL then.  We had some difficult times after that, but money has been one of the main problems over the years until the owners managed to attract McNally and subsequent success.

The scouting issue and manager issue are non issues.  As I said, all clubs get good signings and bad signings - its hit or miss with players. We have had some very good signings, as well as those that didn''t work out.  Managers??  Lambert and Neil??   Ok Hughton wasn''t a success overall - but he did achieve 11th place in his first year.  Adams?? Set us on a positive road early last season - that may have been key to our success over the course of the season.  Gunn??  A romantic gamble, maybe, but he had to start from scratch and although we were relegated - his legacy was......Grant Holt.

As for McNally, if he was going to walk he would have walked by now.  He

may quite genuinely love the club and will stay as long as he is wanted

- not to mention that he is generously paid for his services  too.  Its mostly good news - nothing in football is predictable or certain, but overall, the club are doing pretty well.  

LDC from memory Delia met him socially at some function or other - at the time Mc D was helping his daughter establish an internet based business after he had finished stints at Fulham & Celtic as CEO

I belive he was responsible for sourcing Hodgson for Fulham (took them to a European final) and his connection with Lambert was that he was a Senior Celtic player during his tenure

If its true and the meeting with Delia was by chance all I can say is we must be one lucky club - at that moment in time we were on a massive downward spiral following the appointment of poor Gunn

[quote user="Newton"]

LDC from memory Delia met him socially at some function or other - at the time Mc D was helping his daughter establish an internet based business after he had finished stints at Fulham & Celtic as CEO

I belive he was responsible for sourcing Hodgson for Fulham (took them to a European final) and his connection with Lambert was that he was a Senior Celtic player during his tenure

If its true and the meeting with Delia was by chance all I can say is we must be one lucky club - at that moment in time we were on a massive downward spiral following the appointment of poor Gunn

[/quote]But is isn''t true. To use an obscure Latin legal term, your post (like so many) is "total b*ll*cks. Smith and Jones have known Roy Hodgson at least since 2000, and possibly earlier than that. And it was that friendship with Hodgson and Martin O''Neill that prompted them to hire McNally. As Delia said at the time:“He came very highly recommended by two of our old acquaintances – Martin O''Neill and Roy Hodgson. And, frankly, when they speak you take notice.”

[quote user="Newton"]

[/quote]

If Delia was lucky, then so were we.  But it''s possibly more a question of making your own luck.  By networking at social functions or wherever - being aware of the possibilities and taking the chance when it comes.   She did - and we have been the beneficiaries.   There are no perfect owners out there.  Mega-rich owners come with their own problems. Non mega-rich owners have to rely on other things.  There may be people who at some stage could take it on, but we would be hard pressed to find anyone better than what we''ve got - but with things as they are, we are not doing too badly......

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 13/08/2015 11:03 AM

But is isn''t true. To use an obscure Latin legal term, your post (like so many) is "total b*ll*cks. Smith and Jones have known Roy Hodgson at least since 2000, and possibly earlier than that. And it was that friendship with Hodgson and Martin O''Neill that prompted them to hire McNally. As Delia said at the time:

“He came very highly recommended by two of our old acquaintances – Martin O''Neill and Roy Hodgson. And, frankly, when they speak you take notice.”

What would we do without Wiki Purple - Please read my post I said - I think / by chance / if its true - while I am not quite right on the circumstances it certainly was by chance as you have confirmed - we were very lucky as the next step was L2, with her at the helm at that time

Mr Apples wrote the following post at 13/08/2015 11:20 AM:

I thought it was £17.1 million...Wink [;)]

TROLL OUT HIS HOLE

[quote user="Newton"]

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 13/08/2015 11:03 AM

But is isn''t true. To use an obscure Latin legal term, your post (like so many) is "total b*ll*cks. Smith and Jones have known Roy Hodgson at least since 2000, and possibly earlier than that. And it was that friendship with Hodgson and Martin O''Neill that prompted them to hire McNally. As Delia said at the time:“He came very highly recommended by two of our old acquaintances – Martin O''Neill and Roy Hodgson. And, frankly, when they speak you take notice.”

What would we do without Wiki Purple - Please read my post I said - I think / by chance / if its true - while I am not quite right on the circumstances it certainly was by chance as you have confirmed - we were very lucky as the next step was L2, with her at the helm at that time

[/quote]Oh dear. The concept of stopping digging yourself deeper is plainly alien to you. The appointment of McNally, as explained, came about not by chance but as a result of long-standing friendships Smith and Jones have in football with serious people.And these relationships are the product of the respect that Smith and Jones have in the game. O''Neill and Hodgson would hardly have recommended McNally to us if they had thought that by doing so they were condemning him to working with idiot owners.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 13/08/2015 11:30 AM

The appointment of McNally, as explained, came about not by chance but as a result of long-standing friendships Smith and Jones have in football with serious people.

And these relationships are the product of the respect that Smith and Jones have in the game.

Purple you are fantastic - were we plunging towards L2,  following S & J''s appointment of hapless Gunn  because of the repect S & J have in the game or despite the respect they have in the game ?

I suspect that it was because they did not have a clue what they were doing, other than chosing the cheap option

Newton I read you post and your maths is still wrong you stated that the remaining players will earn 6m a year. So even going back on last season that won''t even add 6m. Ricky was on loan too and we had all his wages paid plus a 1.5m payment for the loan. Also wages were championship wages last season so maybe we half your 6m based on the reported 40% drop/ increase wage clauses the players have and that we weren''t paying Ricky.. Then we take away the 1.5m loan fee. So that maybe gives us 1.5 onto the 27m and even if you are right and Ricky earned 40k a week in his first season that''s still only another 2m. We still only just hit 30.5m. Also modern contracts and transfers will often have payments based on games, goals scored sell ons which will have all been guessed at in those headline figures you are using. If they all remain failures then the club won''t pay these clauses and this figure will decrease massively.

It can also be argued that the likes of Lafferty contributed to us getting promoted after all he did play in many of the early season wins culminating in us earning more money by being in the premier league again.

Newton, how dare you...no-one is going to troll out my hole!!! [:P]

The main point is if you''re going to post drivel, at least make it slightly credible/consistent.

Apples

I personally like Newtons "the truth dont interest me" rants.
I really respect Purple for actually responding to him with legitimate responses too. But it does equally make it that bit more funnier when Newton then rants back.

Dead accept I have not counted any contribution from Lafferty in the first half of the season - watching his performances as left midfield, he was permanently off the pace and subed every game on 60 mins

You have not included any wages for the trio last year and I dont fully agree with your claims that fees and wages are paid in stages and that they wont get the full amounts if they fail

With transfer fees, signing on fees, agents fees (never disclosed) and the wages for the quartet I feel we will be looking at a figure nearer £40M than £35M - which is a lot of money given the fact none of them were front line starters

Read again Newton I have put down wages for last year. It''s in the part where I talk championship wages, the loan fee received for Ricky and his wages being paid in full whilst on loan. I even went back another season and added Ricky wages on.

Also if you think transfer fees are all just upfront payments then I think you may be a little naive. Also our agents fees are in the annual accounts surely?

[quote user="Newton"].....after he had finished stints at Fulham & Celtic as CEO[/quote]He was Sales and Marketing Director with Celtic, not CEO as you state Newt.Do you EVER get anything right?

Lappin he was Commercial Director - similar role to one he does with us - get it right - Celtic had a larger board with people who knew what they were doing - we operate on a one man band basis

Remove DM and we are in trouble

[quote user="Newton"]

Lappin he was Commercial Director - similar role to one he does with us - get it right - Celtic had a larger board with people who knew what they were doing - we operate on a one man band basis

Remove DM and we are in trouble

[/quote]

That''s why he gets the big bonuses, he fills the roles of several people who knew what they were doing, it''s a shame he got no footballing skills, that would make him amazing.

"Lappin he was Commercial Director - similar role to one he does with us"He wasn''t, he was sales and marketing - he didn''t sign players. "get it right"I did."Celtic had a larger board with people who knew what they were doing"Name them and tell us what they did. "we operate on a one man band basis"So Delia didn''t appoint Adams after all?

lappinitup wrote the following post at 13/08/2015 2:14 PM:

"Lappin he was Commercial Director - similar role to one he does with us"

He wasn''t, he was sales and marketing - he didn''t sign players.

Lappin he was Commercial Director at Celtic you are wrong

Do you seriously think he has final say in signing players at Norwich ?

Yes he will be involved in financial negotiations but he most certainly would not sign players off his own back

I can only repeat he is a paid employee of Norwich City FC, he reports to the Board of 7 - D & M have a controlling shareholding as well as controlling the votes on the Board

What are you talking about - he will not have sole responsibility for signing players - I have even mentioned our supurb scouting network (probably because its cack)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/2302317/Fulham-lose-managing-director-David-McNally.html

Fulham have confirmed the departure of managing director David McNally, heightening speculation that he will become Keith Edelman''s successor at Arsenal.

McNally joined Fulham in January 2005 following a successful four-year spell as Celtic''s sales and marketing director.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/club/key_people/

Prior to his successful stint with the southwest London club, McNally was Sales and Marketing Director with Celtic for four years where, working alongside former City player and boss Martin O''Neill, he helped the Scottish giants to significantly increase their off-the-field income.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=zfrBAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA240&lpg=PA240&dq=david+mcnally''s+role+at+celtic&source=bl&ots=2-j1hpqqGL&sig=GMiys5riHBEduNMatoR1Q_1Qbn4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CFEQ6AEwCWoVChMItJbsgKemxwIVRVcaCh3BfgzR#v=onepage&q=david%20mcnally''s%20role%20at%20celtic&f=false

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=223115867&privcapId=20951410&previousCapId=875577&previousTitle=GREENE%20KING%20PLC

Mr. David McNally has been the Chief Executive of the Club since June 2009. Mr. McNally was Sales and Marketing Director of Celtic for four years