Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Outdated Ownership Model

[quote user="Canary Legend"]DM has to much influence and not enough little grey cells[/quote]That''s why he earns millions and you''re on benefits Waveney..........

[quote user="dibbler"]Delia & Co have sold the land that we club owned which was a shrewd move by Chase, he could have sold this to reduce the debt. Chase also redeveloped Carrow Road and build the new training ground. It felt like a bigger club then, than it does now and that''s what I find frustrating.With all the assets all but gone we are debt free then what? players that premiership teams are biting our hands off to get, just a holiday Inn to bring in some extra pennies.If they had ambition and bought premiership players who would still demand a good fee if sold on. We would had least had a crack at staying in the Prem. without hopefully losing too much.

[/quote]The biggest asset which we own surely is the stadium itself  ?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I am sure that our majority shareholders have a plan ready to implement the day they decide to take a back seat or heaven forbid ill health plays a part as after all they are both now in their early seventies. This notion of fan participation in running the club may be fine for a lower league club scratching around for an existence on four figure crowds who are on their uppers where painting the dressing rooms, cutting the grass, flogging programmes on a match day, manning the turnstiles etc serves a useful purpose as well as getting the local garage or such like to sponsor the shirts helps keep their club afloat. However the thought of Norwich fans representing our club on the board with gates approaching thirty thousand, dealing with a turnover well in excess of £100 Million, sorting numerous sponsorships with the likes of Aviva,Corals, Jarrolds, N&P etc fills me with dread. Let''s just leave it to people who have experience in dealing with vast sums of money whether it be their own or on behalf of companies they have worked for in an executive position . I think that covers every member of our board.[/quote]That is a strong argument against the board being made up of fans.It isn''t a strong argument against there being one supporter-director. I simply don''t believe there are not fans out there who either already have the qualifications to serve as a director or the brains to get up to speed very quickly. Myself I am not sold on the idea of a supporter-director, but not over any fears of a lack of competence. I am sure we could find a talented individual whose standing and knowledge would actively enlighten and improve boardroom discussions.[/quote]How do you select that one supporter Purple ? It could never be from any current supporters group as there is not one which has a sufficient membership or shareholding that the football club or the fans in general would take note of or have confidence in. Such a group would have to have thousands of members and a significant percentage of the shares.That scenario is light years away. The alternative would be an election of a fan chosen by supporters on the clubs database maybe. Who selects the prospective list of wannabe candidates and ensures nobody has any unwanted baggage ? A sort of ''fit and proper person'' test.[/quote]Tilly, it would be a bit of a process but then you are talking abiut electing a director to serve for, say, five years. A rough plan would be:The electorate would consist of all NCFC employees, all shareholders and all bona fide NCFC fans, validated by means of being a season-ticket holder, or priority member etc, with perhaps special provision for overseas fans unable to attend games. Many would qualify in more than one category but it would be one person, one vote.Fans'' groups such as the Trust or Capital Canaries would be welcome to nominate a candidate but, partly for the reasons you give, I certainly would not limit to the field to such. Individuals could also stand.There would have to be some kind of winnowing-out process by a group of wise men and women acceptable to NCFC but not of NCFC to produce a shortlist of suitable candidates. Those chosen would be able to put across their views. Then there would be an election.I repeat, I am not that keen on the concept except under certain circumstances, but I don''t see the process as being insurmountably tricky, and I do believe there are suitably-qualified fans out there.[/quote]In recent times Purple Capital Canaries have stated that they are nothing more than a social club with no intention of becoming involved with the politics of running the club and the Trust have also expressed that they no longer wish to subscribe to their initial aim of having a fan on the Board.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 13/08/2015 10:11 PM:

Newton wrote:

Purple I dont always agree with what you say but your post has a lot of merit and belive it or not appears to be coming from a similar angle to my views

Basically, this club remains at risk while we continue to rely on the football business accuman of one man DM

Celebrity owners and a minor celebrity comedian on the board may sound great but they add little or no value to the overall running of a Premier League Club

Something needs to be done in the short term as DM probably has too much influence on occassions but then , where would we be without him L2 ?

What do you suggest ?

The club obviously recognise this when they tried to appoint Royle - but that flopped

Plus our scouting network appear terrible (to me any way)

I suspect lack of transfers this summer is probably due to recent expensive mistakes ( I wont list them) and the fact that we are being over cautious as a board. I just hope we dont get stung at the end of the window

One shouldn''t look a compliment in the mouth, but as far as my view on supporter-directors are concerned you have assumed too much. If I am in favour of the concept it is not as some kind of fix or rebalancing of power in the boardroom of Carrow Road to address a particular problem that you (very tendentiously) seem to think exists.

To the extent I like the concept it is entirely in general terms, for all clubs at all times. There is a case that fans should have a voice in the boardroom through a supporter-director who would represent and channel all their store of wisdom and practical experience.

Purple I take it back, in your normal pompous, waffling way you have completely missed the point,  please go back to publishing edicts that your followers enjoy reading when they cant sleep

[quote user="TIL 1010"]In recent times Purple Capital Canaries have stated that they are nothing more than a social club with no intention of becoming involved with the politics of running the club and the Trust have also expressed that they no longer wish to subscribe to their initial aim of having a fan on the Board.[/quote]Tilly, I know that the Trust dropped the aim of trying to get a fan on the board, although it was no totally clear to me whether that was because it had decided against the idea in principle or or realised it would never have enough shares to force the issue. But from reading its recently updated website it doesn''t seem that it is now regards itself as purely a social club, with no interest in influencing affairs at Carrow Road:With modern football moving from its community roots to a more corporate approach it is only by supporters holding a significant shareholding that they can be sure of having a voice on important matters.

So if you want to show your support for the club by having a stake in a growing shareholding and a channel for sensible dialogue with the club on matters that fans care about then we would love to welcome you on board. As well as our regular communications with the club we are also actively involved via our affiliations to Supporters Direct and the Football Supporters Federation with more national issues, such as trying to obtain agreement from clubs to cap the price of away tickets and to combat homophobia and racism at grounds as well as the ongoing debate about safe standing.A large fan shareholding is an insurance policy against unforeseen events at our [ie Norwich City] Football Club.That is a long way from being purely a social club. And it is even possible the policy of not wanting to try to get a fan on the board could revert back to what it used to be if such a thing became feasible. But in any event I was only saying organisations such as the Trust could nominate a candidate if they wanted to. Not that they would be bound to.

Purple

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

[quote user="Newton"]

Purple

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

[/quote]

Good new everyone, it looks like Newton suffered some kind of blackout and his head it the Z key!

TCC if you read too many of Purples epilogues - be careful it could happen to you

They are deadly - who needs sheep (not me) when you have Purple, Chucken & Till

The Trio must bore paint off walls for a living

The problem is you lot encourage them

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]"With modern football moving from its community roots to a more corporate approach it is only by supporters holding a significant shareholding that they can be sure of having a voice on important matters."[/quote]How can they claim to speak FOR us when they won''t speak TO us Purps?When did you last see someone from the trust gauging fan''s opinion by discussing these "important matters" on here, the biggest NCFC fan''s site around? Where better to have direct dialogue and glean fan''s opinions than on here?They seem happy to use Archant for their own promotion but distance themselves from the many Archant customers who use or read this site.The new Norwich City Supporters Social Club have found using this message board beneficial so it seems like an opportunity lost to me.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]"With modern football moving from its community roots to a more corporate approach it is only by supporters holding a significant shareholding that they can be sure of having a voice on important matters."[/quote]How can they claim to speak FOR us when they won''t speak TO us Purps?When did you last see someone from the trust gauging fan''s opinion by discussing these "important matters" on here, the biggest NCFC fan''s site around? Where better to have direct dialogue and glean fan''s opinions than on here?They seem happy to use Archant for their own promotion but distance themselves from the many Archant customers who use or read this site.The new Norwich City Supporters Social Club have found using this message board beneficial so it seems like an opportunity lost to me.

[/quote]Lapps, I don''t know the answer to that. I get the sense there is some history with some posters and the Trust, but what that is about and who might be right and who wrong I have no idea. And don''t care either. The simplest way to influence the Trust is to join it.

FAO Purple.Without quoting what is already a long exchange between ourselves can i just say that you may have misunderstood my post regarding the Trust and Capital Canaries. I only included the C.C. as stating they were a social club. From its outset back circa. 2002 the Trust never engaged in any social activities despite numerous invites over the years to take part in quizzes/ NCISA Canary Challenges/ FONCY fundraising schemes and social gatherings organised by Nutty etc. Things may have changed in recent times in an effort to raise their profile and to that end good luck to them. In years gone by their AGM was attended by one man and his dog but i believe it increased to around 40 this year under new stewardship.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]FAO Purple.Without quoting what is already a long exchange between ourselves can i just say that you may have misunderstood my post regarding the Trust and Capital Canaries. I only included the C.C. as stating they were a social club. From its outset back circa. 2002 the Trust never engaged in any social activities despite numerous invites over the years to take part in quizzes/ NCISA Canary Challenges/ FONCY fundraising schemes and social gatherings organised by Nutty etc. Things may have changed in recent times in an effort to raise their profile and to that end good luck to them. In years gone by their AGM was attended by one man and his dog but i believe it increased to around 40 this year under new stewardship.[/quote]You''re quite right. I misread your post.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 14/08/2015 8:28 PM:

TIL 1010 wrote:

FAO Purple.

Without quoting what is already a long exchange between ourselves can i just say that you may have misunderstood my post regarding the Trust and Capital Canaries. I only included the C.C. as stating they were a social club. From its outset back circa. 2002 the Trust never engaged in any social activities despite numerous invites over the years to take part in quizzes/ NCISA Canary Challenges/ FONCY fundraising schemes and social gatherings organised by Nutty etc. Things may have changed in recent times in an effort to raise their profile and to that end good luck to them. In years gone by their AGM was attended by one man and his dog but i believe it increased to around 40 this year under new stewardship.

You''re quite right. I misread your post.

Purple you misread it along with 200 others - so boring ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

[quote user="Newton"]When I applied to join this forum - I must have misread the terms and conditions

They must state that you have to agree with everything the regular Trolls say or they call you a Binner and that under no circumstances must you criticize the current owners. In other words you have to back slap everything the regulars say and worship D & M

Foolishly, I assumed that forums like this accommodated a wide range of opinions and views, but I must be wrong

Could one of the back slapping Trolls please publish the relevant section in the Terms and Conditions covering the above points and I will ensure I follow them religiously in future[/quote]Here you go. Point 2 and quite a bit of point 3.[url]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1212143/ShowPost.aspx#1212143[/url]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Newton"]When I applied to join this forum - I must have misread the terms and conditions

They must state that you have to agree with everything the regular Trolls say or they call you a Binner and that under no circumstances must you criticize the current owners. In other words you have to back slap everything the regulars say and worship D & M

Foolishly, I assumed that forums like this accommodated a wide range of opinions and views, but I must be wrong

Could one of the back slapping Trolls please publish the relevant section in the Terms and Conditions covering the above points and I will ensure I follow them religiously in future[/quote]Here you go. Point 2 and quite a bit of point 3.[url]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1212143/ShowPost.aspx#1212143[/url][/quote]The thing is Herman will the response be Point 2 or 3 ? [:P]

Vermin (sorry Hermin) & Till you so funny

TEHEHE

Reading your highly intelligent posts is almost as bad as reading Purples

As interesting as watching grass grow - keep it up boys you continue to highlight how stupid and childish you both are

Looking forward to the next posts - you make my evening

I find the suggestion that Delia and Michael should step aside quite abhorrent to be honest. They have done more for this club than any of us on here are ever likely to do and should be allowed to make their own decision on whether they step aside or not.