Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Outdated Ownership Model

[quote user="TCCANARY"]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/2302317/Fulham-lose-managing-director-David-McNally.html

Fulham have confirmed the departure of managing director David McNally, heightening speculation that he will become Keith Edelman''s successor at Arsenal.

McNally joined Fulham in January 2005 following a successful four-year spell as Celtic''s sales and marketing director.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/club/key_people/

Prior to his successful stint with the southwest London club, McNally was Sales and Marketing Director with Celtic for four years where, working alongside former City player and boss Martin O''Neill, he helped the Scottish giants to significantly increase their off-the-field income.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=zfrBAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA240&lpg=PA240&dq=david+mcnally''s+role+at+celtic&source=bl&ots=2-j1hpqqGL&sig=GMiys5riHBEduNMatoR1Q_1Qbn4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CFEQ6AEwCWoVChMItJbsgKemxwIVRVcaCh3BfgzR#v=onepage&q=david%20mcnally''s%20role%20at%20celtic&f=false

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=223115867&privcapId=20951410&previousCapId=875577&previousTitle=GREENE%20KING%20PLC

Mr. David McNally has been the Chief Executive of the Club since June 2009. Mr. McNally was Sales and Marketing Director of Celtic for four years[/quote]

Doh TCC, don''t let facts get in Newton''s way.

His knowledge of our football club is almost as bad as his grammar, spelling and maths.

I bet he''s up on his history though along with the rest of his friends. [:)]

[quote user="hogesar"]I personally like Newtons "the truth dont interest me" rants.
I really respect Purple for actually responding to him with legitimate responses too. But it does equally make it that bit more funnier when Newton then rants back.
[/quote]Hogesar, I normally don''t bother to correct Newton''s hilarious rants, but this one just got so much wrong in such a short space (as lapps has pointed out McNally was never Celtic''s CEO). Watching Newton spool out of control when confronted with facts reminds me of those old Star Trek episodes, when Kirk or Spock would ask the alien supercomputer some cunning question and it would start spouting gibberish before blowing itself up.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="hogesar"]I personally like Newtons "the truth dont interest me" rants.
I really respect Purple for actually responding to him with legitimate responses too. But it does equally make it that bit more funnier when Newton then rants back.
[/quote]Hogesar, I normally don''t bother to correct Newton''s hilarious rants, but this one just got so much wrong in such a short space (as lapps has pointed out McNally was never Celtic''s CEO). Watching Newton spool out of control when confronted with facts reminds me of those old Star Trek episodes, when Kirk or Spock would ask the alien supercomputer some cunning question and it would start spouting gibberish before blowing itself up.[/quote]
[:D]
Reminds me of Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants, for some reason.

Great post Purple and the point is ???????????????My original post supporting B Vince had nothing to do with what position DM had at Celtic but as useual you and your Trolly mates ignored the point of the thread and picked on a very insignificantside issue - keep it up boys you doing a great job

[quote user="Newton"]Great post Purple and the point is ???????????????[/quote]His point was you were wrong (again) Newt.BTW, what''s with all the ????????????????''s? You seem to have a very shaky right hand - but that would explain quite a lot. [:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I am sure that our majority shareholders have a plan ready to implement the day they decide to take a back seat or heaven forbid ill health plays a part as after all they are both now in their early seventies. This notion of fan participation in running the club may be fine for a lower league club scratching around for an existence on four figure crowds who are on their uppers where painting the dressing rooms, cutting the grass, flogging programmes on a match day, manning the turnstiles etc serves a useful purpose as well as getting the local garage or such like to sponsor the shirts helps keep their club afloat. However the thought of Norwich fans representing our club on the board with gates approaching thirty thousand, dealing with a turnover well in excess of £100 Million, sorting numerous sponsorships with the likes of Aviva,Corals, Jarrolds, N&P etc fills me with dread. Let''s just leave it to people who have experience in dealing with vast sums of money whether it be their own or on behalf of companies they have worked for in an executive position . I think that covers every member of our board.[/quote]That is a strong argument against the board being made up of fans.It isn''t a strong argument against there being one supporter-director. I simply don''t believe there are not fans out there who either already have the qualifications to serve as a director or the brains to get up to speed very quickly. Myself I am not sold on the idea of a supporter-director, but not over any fears of a lack of competence. I am sure we could find a talented individual whose standing and knowledge would actively enlighten and improve boardroom discussions.[/quote]How do you select that one supporter Purple ? It could never be from any current supporters group as there is not one which has a sufficient membership or shareholding that the football club or the fans in general would take note of or have confidence in. Such a group would have to have thousands of members and a significant percentage of the shares.That scenario is light years away. The alternative would be an election of a fan chosen by supporters on the clubs database maybe. Who selects the prospective list of wannabe candidates and ensures nobody has any unwanted baggage ? A sort of ''fit and proper person'' test.

[quote user="Newton"]Re: Outdated Ownership Model

TIL 1010 wrote:

I am sure that our majority shareholders have a plan ready to implement the day they decide to take a back seat

TILL Really, where did you dream this one up - what is the plan then ? [/quote]At the risk of being labelled and i quote a ''troll'' or a ''moron'' which seems to be the case for anyone not agreeing with  you Newton, I take it you saw in the national press today that Delia & MJW have a combines personal wealth of £23 million ? Add the facts that they are the largest shareholders in a business turning over a sum in excess of £100 million a year and are now both over 70 years old. Do you honestly think they are winging it on a monthly or season long basis and have made no provisions to take into account unfortunate illness or God forbid even death without having their financial and business affairs in order ?Even in the unlikely event that you concede they have you then expect their wills, bequests, Trust arrangements etc to be published for Joe Public to digest.If anyone is from the planet Zog which is the expression you used to describe another poster may i suggest you look long and hard in the mirror.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Newton"]Great post Purple and the point is ???????????????[/quote]His point was you were wrong (again) Newt.BTW, what''s with all the ????????????????''s? You seem to have a very shaky right hand - but that would explain quite a lot. [:D][/quote][:D]

Mr Newton is correct in stating that Delia and Wynnie could not have had much respect within the game by 2009 because they had presided over a succession of poor managerial appointments up to that point and consequently took the club into the third tier for the first time since 1960, thus undoing the proud record built up by Messrs Watling, South and Chase. Delia and Wynnie have time and again demonstrated exceptionally poor judgement and have never at any time learnt from their own mistakes. McNasty has essentially covered up for these deficiencies the last 6 years, although he was made to look foolish following Delia''s suspected interference in the non-sacking of Hughton in the last PL campaign.

[quote user="Newton"]Great post Purple and the point is ???????????????My original post supporting B Vince had nothing to do with what position DM had at Celtic but as useual you and your Trolly mates ignored the point of the thread and picked on a very insignificantside issue - keep it up boys you doing a great job[/quote]

The point is that if you use lies to back up your argument you''re bot doing a very good job.

So, lets break this down. You want a Mr megabucks to own the club, and you want multi multi millionaires on the board. We had millionaires on the board (remember the Turners, anyone?) and what happened? Recession hit, and they were in trouble. We had Peter Cullum come in for the club, and where is he now? I can tell you that Towergate is not the company it used to be.

A lot of people on here seem to confuse ''wealth'' with ''cash reserves''. They are very much NOT the same thing.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Mr Newton is correct in stating that Delia and Wynnie could not have had much respect within the game by 2009 because they had presided over a succession of poor managerial appointments up to that point and consequently took the club into the third tier for the first time since 1960, thus undoing the proud record built up by Messrs Watling, South and Chase. [/quote]I do so love the selective memory history lessons we get from the usual suspects.Remind me BV who appointed the manager that took us to the play off final v Birmingham and then romped the league by 11 points the following season ?Who was the Chairman obsessed with land who took his eye off the ball and saw us relegated from the Premiership just at the time the big money ( not by 2015 standards i agree ) was about to roll in ?Who was in charge when Bond left which resulted in relegation ?Remind yourself also who sold the shareholding to Delia and MWJ who you so hate ? Surely in your eyes even Mr Norwich City himself made an error of judgement. In your eyes only by the way.Proud records indeed but certainly not without blemish hey ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Big Vince"]Mr Newton is correct in stating that Delia and Wynnie could not have had much respect within the game by 2009 because they had presided over a succession of poor managerial appointments up to that point and consequently took the club into the third tier for the first time since 1960, thus undoing the proud record built up by Messrs Watling, South and Chase. [/quote]I do so love the selective memory history lessons we get from the usual suspects.Remind me BV who appointed the manager that took us to the play off final v Birmingham and then romped the league by 11 points the following season ?Who was the Chairman obsessed with land who took his eye off the ball and saw us relegated from the Premiership just at the time the big money ( not by 2015 standards i agree ) was about to roll in ?Who was in charge when Bond left which resulted in relegation ?Remind yourself also who sold the shareholding to Delia and MWJ who you so hate ? Surely in your eyes even Mr Norwich City himself made an error of judgement. In your eyes only by the way.Proud records indeed but certainly not without blemish hey ?[/quote]Good stuff TIL[Y]

Delia & Co have sold the land that we club owned which was a shrewd move by Chase, he could have sold this to reduce the debt. Chase also redeveloped Carrow Road and build the new training ground. It felt like a bigger club then, than it does now and that''s what I find frustrating.With all the assets all but gone we are debt free then what? players that premiership teams are biting our hands off to get, just a holiday Inn to bring in some extra pennies.If they had ambition and bought premiership players who would still demand a good fee if sold on. We would had least had a crack at staying in the Prem. without hopefully losing too much.

When I applied to join this forum - I must have misread the terms and conditions

They must state that you have to agree with everything the regular Trolls say or they call you a Binner and that under no circumstances must you criticize the current owners. In other words you have to back slap everything the regulars say and worship D & M

Foolishly, I assumed that forums like this accommodated a wide range of opinions and views, but I must be wrong

Could one of the back slapping Trolls please publish the relevant section in the Terms and Conditions covering the above points and I will ensure I follow them religiously in future

[quote user="Newton"]When I applied to join this forum - I must have misread the terms and conditions

They must state that you have to agree with everything the regular Trolls say or they call you a Binner and that under no circumstances must you criticize the current owners. In other words you have to back slap everything the regulars say and worship D & M

Foolishly, I assumed that forums like this accommodated a wide range of opinions and views, but I must be wrong

Could one of the back slapping Trolls please publish the relevant section in the Terms and Conditions covering the above points and I will ensure I follow them religiously in future[/quote]

Opinions are Ok, lies are not, you''re getting flack because you told lies.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I am sure that our majority shareholders have a plan ready to implement the day they decide to take a back seat or heaven forbid ill health plays a part as after all they are both now in their early seventies. This notion of fan participation in running the club may be fine for a lower league club scratching around for an existence on four figure crowds who are on their uppers where painting the dressing rooms, cutting the grass, flogging programmes on a match day, manning the turnstiles etc serves a useful purpose as well as getting the local garage or such like to sponsor the shirts helps keep their club afloat. However the thought of Norwich fans representing our club on the board with gates approaching thirty thousand, dealing with a turnover well in excess of £100 Million, sorting numerous sponsorships with the likes of Aviva,Corals, Jarrolds, N&P etc fills me with dread. Let''s just leave it to people who have experience in dealing with vast sums of money whether it be their own or on behalf of companies they have worked for in an executive position . I think that covers every member of our board.[/quote]That is a strong argument against the board being made up of fans.It isn''t a strong argument against there being one supporter-director. I simply don''t believe there are not fans out there who either already have the qualifications to serve as a director or the brains to get up to speed very quickly. Myself I am not sold on the idea of a supporter-director, but not over any fears of a lack of competence. I am sure we could find a talented individual whose standing and knowledge would actively enlighten and improve boardroom discussions.[/quote]How do you select that one supporter Purple ? It could never be from any current supporters group as there is not one which has a sufficient membership or shareholding that the football club or the fans in general would take note of or have confidence in. Such a group would have to have thousands of members and a significant percentage of the shares.That scenario is light years away. The alternative would be an election of a fan chosen by supporters on the clubs database maybe. Who selects the prospective list of wannabe candidates and ensures nobody has any unwanted baggage ? A sort of ''fit and proper person'' test.[/quote]Tilly, it would be a bit of a process but then you are talking abiut electing a director to serve for, say, five years. A rough plan would be:The electorate would consist of all NCFC employees, all shareholders and all bona fide NCFC fans, validated by means of being a season-ticket holder, or priority member etc, with perhaps special provision for overseas fans unable to attend games. Many would qualify in more than one category but it would be one person, one vote.Fans'' groups such as the Trust or Capital Canaries would be welcome to nominate a candidate but, partly for the reasons you give, I certainly would not limit to the field to such. Individuals could also stand.There would have to be some kind of winnowing-out process by a group of wise men and women acceptable to NCFC but not of NCFC to produce a shortlist of suitable candidates. Those chosen would be able to put across their views. Then there would be an election.I repeat, I am not that keen on the concept except under certain circumstances, but I don''t see the process as being insurmountably tricky, and I do believe there are suitably-qualified fans out there.

Newtons definition of a troll.......Someone who disagrees profoundly with what he says,identifies false statements and responds to his posts having the audacity to tell him he is wrong.

A Load of Squit wrote the following post at 13/08/2015 8:14 PM:

Newton wrote:
When

I applied to join this forum - I must have misread the terms and

conditions

They must state that you have to agree with everything the regular

Trolls say or they call you a Binner and that under no circumstances

must you criticize the current owners. In other words you have to back

slap everything the regulars say and worship D & M

Foolishly, I assumed that forums like this accommodated a wide range of

opinions and views, but I must be wrong

Could one of the back slapping Trolls please publish the relevant

section in the Terms and Conditions covering the above points and I will

ensure I follow them religiously in future

Opinions are Ok, lies are not, you''re getting flack because you told lies.

Squid give me as much flack as you like - I dont care, but sorry not all of opinions and views are lies In your eyes perhaps they are but it would be boring if we all agreed with you and your Trolly mates

Purple I dont always agree with what you say but your post has a lot of merit and belive it or not appears to be coming from a similar angle to my viewsBasically, this club remains at risk while we continue to rely on the football business accuman of one man DMCelebrity owners and a  celebrity gay on the board may sound great but they add little or no value to the overall running of a Premier League ClubSomething needs to be done in the short term as DM probably has too much influence on occassions but then , where would we be without him L2 ?What do you suggest ?The club obviously recognise this when they tried to appoint Royle - but that floppedPlus our scouting network appear terrible (to me any way)I suspect lack of transfers this summer is probably due to recent expensive mistakes ( I wont list them) and the fact that we are being over cautious as a board. I just hope we dont get stung at the end of the window

[quote user="Newton"]Something needs to be done in the short term as DM probably has too much influence on occassions [/quote]And there was silly me thinking that Delia had the final word. [:P]

Till you are displaying your own definition of a Troll yet againNo view, no comment, no opinion , just a play on words trying to look cleverBut as you have publicly stated , you have no doubt Delia has an exit policy  - what was that again, I must have missed it? (or were yoy telling lies & making it up ?)Sado

Newton wrote the following post at 13/08/2015 9:12 PM:

Till you are displaying your own definition of a Troll yet againNo view, no comment, no opinion , just a play on words trying to look cleverBut

as you have publicly stated , you have no doubt Delia has an exit

policy  - what was that again, I must have missed it? (or were yoy

telling lies & making it up ?)

Till forgot to mention it but squid hates people who tell lies

This thread is hilarious and cringeworthy in equal measure.( I think we can guess whats coming next)

[quote user="Newton"]Purple I dont always agree with what you say but your post has a lot of merit and belive it or not appears to be coming from a similar angle to my viewsBasically, this club remains at risk while we continue to rely on the football business accuman of one man DMCelebrity owners and a  celebrity gay on the board may sound great but they add little or no value to the overall running of a Premier League ClubSomething needs to be done in the short term as DM probably has too much influence on occassions but then , where would we be without him L2 ?What do you suggest ?The club obviously recognise this when they tried to appoint Royle - but that floppedPlus our scouting network appear terrible (to me any way)I suspect lack of transfers this summer is probably due to recent expensive mistakes ( I wont list them) and the fact that we are being over cautious as a board. I just hope we dont get stung at the end of the window[/quote]One shouldn''t look a compliment in the mouth, but as far as my view on supporter-directors are concerned you have assumed too much. If I am in favour of the concept it is not as some kind of fix or rebalancing of power in the boardroom of Carrow Road to address a particular problem that you (very tendentiously) seem to think exists.To the extent I like the concept it is entirely in general terms, for all clubs at all times. There is a case that fans should have a voice in the boardroom through a supporter-director who would represent and channel all their store of wisdom and practical experience.