Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

McVeigh staying - Well there's a surprise!!

Either proves that Nigel is experiencing great difficulty in finding suitable new recruits, or that he''s making it all up as he goes along.

[quote]Either proves that Nigel is experiencing great difficulty in finding suitable new recruits, or that he''s making it all up as he goes along.[/quote]

I think you know what the truth is Stephen.

WLYP McVeigh was deemed not up to standard recently by the ''worthless one'', and in a U turn, befitting a government department, changes his opinion to suit the current desperate situation, regarding the lack of transfer activity.

WLYP should have told him to take a running jump, but hasn''t, why?, simple, he''s no mug. 

Although he''s no bloody good (Well no one''s come in for him, have they?) why not let the silver haired mug Nigel, take him back on and keep City paying his wages, WLYP must be wetting himself this morning!.

This is the biggest sign yet, of just how bad things have got at City.

Stand by next for waffle and the tired old excuses from old Doomcaster himself.

well, i reckon its because we have not got enough players to make up the numbers. We have already got rid of loads of players, and now its starting to become a worry if we will actually be able to field 11 players come the start of the season!

Well, remember this time last year, the team were in malaysia and we were all happy as punch as worthy signed jonson and Helveg!

[quote]I think you know what the truth is Stephen. WLYP McVeigh was deemed not up to standard recently by the ''worthless one'', and in a U turn, befitting a government department, changes his opinion to sui...[/quote]

I expected more from a "mature" in years poster  than cheap name calling ,surely it devalues any point you are trying to make Whiz.

McVeigh staying is without doubt very worrying, Worthington clearly looks to have lost the plot, Jonson who wanted to stay is sold McVeigh who was told to find another club is told he is back in the fold. Last week Worthy was telling us all to be patient there were irons in the fire , today he as much as admits he has nobody lined up to bring in and is struggling to find anybody.Quite frankly he sounds like a man without a clue, and with a 17 man squad he better start hoping his injury prone midfield finds a little bit of fitness or we are going to be in the deep stuff.

Herb, No Legs and Co:

Worthy must love you guys, for while you continue to snipe and jeer at me, he gets away scott free, making cock ups, bad judgements and silly quotes about how many players he wants to bring in.

You''re all too bloody brain washed and conditioned, to see the truth of the situation, try to open your eyes.

Thank God there''s a true wizard to see the Emperor''s new clothes!. 

Couldn''t it be that since coming back for pre-season training that McVeigh has knuckled down and shown a new lease of life? Why is every titbit of info from FCR treated with suspicion?

[quote]McVeigh staying is without doubt very worrying, Worthington clearly looks to have lost the plot, Jonson who wanted to stay is sold McVeigh who was told to find another club is told he is back in the f...[/quote]

Going to be in the deep stuff premier?, hell, we''re already in it mate, and yes it stinks!.

I think theres no doubt that its because of lack of numbers that hes been brought back.

however! i think that he will now want to prove himself and take advantage of his second chance, that is why he hasnt thrown it back in Nigels face like wiz said. He also seems to be working hard in training and will now fit into right wing if we fail to get anyone

[quote]Herb, No Legs and Co: Worthy must love you guys, for while you continue to snipe and jeer at me, he gets away scott free, making cock ups, bad judgements and silly quotes about how many players he ...[/quote]

Oh thats priceless Wiz. You''ve really excelled yourself.You label a man who is, in my opinion the best manager City have had in years and I quote "worthless", yet you suggest those who dare to take you to task "snipe and jeer"Brainwashed too eh? Dear oh dear. I''m far, far too cynical to be brainwashed by a football club.

[quote]Herb, No Legs and Co: Worthy must love you guys, for while you continue to snipe and jeer at me, he gets away scott free, making cock ups, bad judgements and silly quotes about how many players he ...[/quote]

1st Wiz,have another look,nowhere have I sniped ,jeered,or anything else to my knowledge, I merely pointed out that if you have a valid point to make it cannot be enhanced by calling Worthy childish names.I also fail to see where I have been brain-washed,conditioned and to the best of my knowledge both my eyes are wide open like most posters on here we see Worthy for what he is,the good ,the bad ,and the indifferent .

p.s I also know the story of the Emperors new clothes,fortunately I grew out reading such stories about 40 years ago.....see Wiz cheap jibes look silly in print!

Hi

make intermittent posts to this board and enjoy reading all the regulars posting their opinions. The thing that is clear from this forum is that everyone is mad about the yellows which is great but I do feel that Wiz might have lost the plot a little with his rant, which I found a bit insulting to be honest.

Wiz, I find many of your posts interesting and nearly all of them intelligent but I think you let yourself down a bit here. I''m all for a debate but...

Worthy is a silver-haired mug and indeed Paul McVeigh''s no bloody good.

That''s just rude.

This is the biggest sign yet, of just how bad things have got at City.

Jeeez - take the pills mate. Helveg and Svennson exercised clauses in their contracts and we got seriously good cash for Jonnson considering his performances last season.

We still have Green, Shackell, Francis, Safri, Huckerby and Ashton who, combined with McKenzie, Drury and Fleming make up most of last season''s first choice team.

So far, Worthy has added a decent championship-level right back in Louis-Jean, a guy who was man of the match in Wigan''s last game of the season in Jarrett and a proven goalscorer in Peter Thorne...all for nothing. There''s still plenty of time until we kick off so let''s get behind the team and stop the sniping.

"This is the biggest sign yet, of just how bad things have got at City".

how anyone can say that i cannot understand!

A few seasons ago we were right in the bottom of the table, Nigel/delia et co took us to the premiership and almost kept us there.

I cant believe you are saying that!

btw, i dont actually know who originally posted that as i just took it from Angus''s post (good post btw) but i think it was WIz

The more I think about it, the more I can''t believe Wiz''s comments. "worthless"...sounds like the sort of petty, witless jibe a binner would come out with.

So the next question is, has anyone on the board actually seen Wiz at Carrow Rd? Can anyone vouch for him? Cos with comments like the above, I''m beginning to wonder.

[quote]The more I think about it, the more I can''t believe Wiz''s comments. "worthless"...sounds like the sort of petty, witless jibe a binner would come out with. So the next question is, has anyone on the ...[/quote]

Classic Herb!, when stuck, question a posters integrity as to whether or not he has ever been to Carrow Road. (Irrelevent anyway!)

Until my illness intervened I was a season ticket holder, along with my son, (a poster on here by the way who still goes) and thats all I have, or need to say to you.

Except anyone who went to the old ''east coast canaries'' meetings would be able to confirm that ''Dave'' used to go to games at Carrow Road.

Has anyone ever seen you there?, or can vouch for you?. I never saw you there, but I don''t know you do I.

Hmm?.

I thought I''d just make it clear that I do like WLY as a player and I''m quite pleased that his services have been retained. But I was just gently chiding Worthy for his last minute U turn, which obviously he was forced to make due to the circumstances.

Ok bare with me on this one but I think Paul McVeigh,s thinking over the last few years may have been something like this.

This is great im playing on the left wing banging in goals playing well, I really like this club.

Oh no Darren Huckerby jeez he''s good Im not going to get back in the side with him here.  What was that Mullers...Delany''s after training for a guiness, well might as well...then on for a take away....oh ok then....yer you''re right Norwich isnt a great club after all.

See you Mullers, looks like I might be next. Wait a minute I quite like it here, might get more chance of a game in ccc. Think I''ll put in more effort and see what happens.

Hey presto taken off the list.

I think we have kept the more talented NI international, who may have been some what led astray by the more unhappy less talented mate who could see the writing on the wall.

I wish him well and hope he grabs his second chance with both hands.

Mind you I think he needs a haircut!!!!

I''m personally very happy that Paul McVeigh has been given another chance at Norwich. He does undoubtedly have quality - I was watching the season highlights from out promotion year and McVeigh played a big part in much of the season! Ok he didn''t do much last season but then he didn''t really play! I think on form McVeigh would be an asset to Norwich in the Champ.

Suggested Norwich team:

Green

Louis-Jean, Doherty, Shackell, Charlton

McVeigh, Hughes, Francis, Huckerby

Ashton, McKenzie

Subs: Ward, Drury, Jarrett, Thorne, Brennan

Looks like a pretty solid, skillful team to me!!!