Sign in to follow this  
FCC

Big Cameron

Superb again yesterday. It was a great team performance, but the guy is non stop up front, and his vision and movement excellent. While we all rave about new strikers - let''s not forget what we have.

First Norwich City player to score at Wembley, and I think he has helped Nathan develop as well.

the difference in performance today between grabban and jerome was stark; plenty of movement from grabban but the same vision and strength simply not there.

still need another striker - but he led the line superbly yesterday.

He has without doubt been a magnificent signing and Neil has improved him. We look far better with a big physical center forward. This is why we need to get another one in similar style. At less than £2m Cameron ranks as a brilliant signing when looking at the inflated prices of other British players

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]the difference in performance today between grabban and jerome was stark; plenty of movement from grabban but the same vision and strength simply not there.

still need another striker - but he led the line superbly yesterday.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]the difference in performance today between grabban and jerome was stark; plenty of movement from grabban but the same vision and strength simply not there.

G

still need another striker - but he led the line superbly yesterday.[/quote]

I think the key difference is confidence. Grabban to me is a confidence player - the sort that needs an arm around his shoulder to pick him up and keep him focused. I think once he has got a goal or two that makes him have that edge. A bit like last season really.

Jerome seems far more assured, far more confident - almost arrogant at times. He has that clinical edge which doesnt seem to waver too much. As a result he uses what he has to more effect.

That said, last week Grabban''s running and movement was pulling Palace''s defence all over the place. You don''t need to be physical - and against the Sunderland back four, I''d argue you''d not have to be that quick either!

Jerome has been in and around the Prem for 6 or 7 years now and it shows. He is the ideal type of striker for the system we play. He rightly received praise on MOTD last night for the way he led the line yesterday. Whilst his scoring record at the highest level isnt particularly brilliant I''m not sure he has ever been the main man at any of his clubs. Certainly at Stoke he was competing with the likes of Crouch and Ricardo Fuller.

He has been excellent since joining and fully deserves first dibs on showing he should be our first choice striker.

Great signing.