Sign in to follow this  
stewfil

Brighton win by player power?

"I didn''t see the winner coming to be honest. I have to applaud our team for having the bravery at that stage to go for that win. I''d made the changes before that to steady it up." - Chris Hughton

don''t like to say this

but who cares have no interest in chris hughton anymore and certainly don''t follow his exploits

[quote user="stewfil"]"I didn''t see the winner coming to be honest. I have to applaud our team for having the bravery at that stage to go for that win. I''d made the changes before that to steady it up." - Chris Hughton[/quote]

Exactly the same as that home game against Everton.  This is what I''ve been saying about Hughton all along.  It''s the way he manages (rightly or wrongly).  His attitude is that he sets up the team and it is up to the players to think and do the business once out there.  With the right players, with the right attitude and the right self-motivation as a group he''ll do well.  But as we know, it''s a big ask, as Adams found out.   Much better to have a strong  manager that leads from off the pitch  - like AN...........

If his group of players get a sense of self-belief and momentum, we know Hughton will organise the team well - and those factors would lead Brighton to have a very good season.

Instead of just reading what you expect to hear into Hughton''s words, why not look at the match stats. They suggest a performance comparable to our own yesterday, with a similar number of shots and shots on target and an even higher number of corners won.

Newcastle fans and Birmingham fans have a quite different view of him to Norwich fans. It shouldn''t be too difficult to grasp that many different factors account for managerial success and failure at a particular club. Do Villa fans regards Paul Lambert as the Messiah?