Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

The Striker We Need

Failing an audacious attempt to sign Charlie Austin who lets remember hasn''t had any club bid the £15m, wants a move to the Premier League and only earning £26,500 after being relegated and apparently is demanding £45k is Benik Afobe.

He should be number one target. Young and hungry and apparently Arsene Wenger really rates this guy. Scores goals, can hold it up and has pace.

Forget Destro, forget Gayle this is who we should be looking at. Our scouts really need to have their radar all on this guy. Possibly part exchange with some of our fringe players like Turner, Hooper or Lafferty and cash.

Afobe, Hoolahan and Redmond would pull some trees down for sure and he would have resale value. This guy will be in the Premier League next year for sure.

Any number of players?

I think you could safely narrow it down to Afobe, Jelavic or Davies.

Like Adobe as a player, suggested getting him in Jan as a back up, like you have said quick strong has a great Finnish on him too, also a good age. Can''t see wolves letting him go maybe a cash + player deal with a striker going there way, but with the way the transfer market has gone so far this year I doubt anything will happen!

[quote user="jamie 10"]Like Adobe as a player, suggested getting him in Jan as a back up, like you have said quick strong has a great Finnish on him too, also a good age. Can''t see wolves letting him go maybe a cash + player deal with a striker going there way, but with the way the transfer market has gone so far this year I doubt anything will happen![/quote]

I especially like his pdf reader and his photoshop is pretty impressive too.

If they want to sign Afobe this window they wouldn''t be watching him today. That and other due diligence would have already happened. If they were going because of any type of bid then I don''t think he would be playing.