Sign in to follow this  
Horse Renoir

Simon Hooper

I''m struggling to think of a stronger phrase than

Biased, bald, ugly little (unt

Anyone got anything better for the arrogant little POS that ruined my one day off a month because he got paid off...or felt our ticket prices were unfair and decided to let Palace win?

So yeah, my contribution is Biased, bald, ugly short (unt...

Anything else?

The funny thing is this corrupt small, little (unt will get away with match fixing.

I''ve never seen a more biased display before, I literally can''t believe it, i''m still in shock.

He''s going to get away with this and all us fans are going to robbed of our ticket prices. I seriously want my money back and directly out of that cheating w4ankers pocket

If ever there was a perfect argument for appeals and video appraisal by another official (s) the incompetent and one-sided display by Hooper yesterday was it.

Those bad decisions could cost this Club dearly.

How Alex Neil was so calm about it all defeats me. Fergie, Colin and a few others would have made their opinions known in no uncertain terms.

I don''t think we''ll see Simon Hooper at Carrow Road again .

AN said he thought it was ruled out for handball and that''s why he wasn''t remonstrating with anyone.

One of the worst refereeing displays you will ever see anywhere. Completely speechless at times yesterday and I have gone over it time and time again and still cannot find an explanation. Incredible.

I maintain that the only possible reason as to why any referee would disallow that goal yesterday is if he has some personal reason/agenda of not wanting that particular team to score, there can be no other reason.

Further evidenced still by the refusal to give a penalty for the blatant push on Bassong.

The only reason why he allowed Redmond''s goal was that there was no reason why he could have disallowed it from that distance.

The writing was on the wall yesterday when he allowed Murray to get off a high footed challenge on Dorrans unpunished, when it was borderline red card.....and then books one of our players (Tettey) at the first opportunity.

We''ve had 2 players sent off against this guy for manhandling him (Olsson and Barnett)....you must only presume that these incidents are in his mindset when refereeing our games.

GJL, You mentioned a mindset / pattern of behaviour given the decisions he gave yesterday....... Jerome, Tettey and Bassong were all on the wrong side of bad bad decisions. I don''t think he will reflect on it at all. But like all these things there may be the law of karma catching up on him at some stage

we certainly have history with him. First game of the season and all. Biased red. Wonder what team he supports?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I maintain that the only possible reason as to why any referee would disallow that goal yesterday is if he has some personal reason/agenda of not wanting that particular team to score, there can be no other reason.

Further evidenced still by the refusal to give a penalty for the blatant push on Bassong.

The only reason why he allowed Redmond''s goal was that there was no reason why he could have disallowed it from that distance.

The writing was on the wall yesterday when he allowed Murray to get off a high footed challenge on Dorrans unpunished, when it was borderline red card.....and then books one of our players (Tettey) at the first opportunity.

We''ve had 2 players sent off against this guy for manhandling him (Olsson and Barnett)....you must only presume that these incidents are in his mindset when refereeing our games.[/quote]

I doubt he is corrupt but he was certainly incompetent yesterday. I notice he''s another failed professional footballer so he''s probably a bit chippy to begin with, add to that it was his first PL game and I expect he wanted to "stamp his authority" or some other nonsense on the game.
His decision to make Ruddy retake that free kick typifies what is wrong with some young refs; it served no useful purpose in the match other than to say "look at me I''m in charge".
A good referee allows the players to get on with the game rather than looking for obscure technical infringements. Disallowing Jerome''s goal for a supposed high foot is another example of this same mindset.

We had better get used to it because unless my memory is failing we had these type of things happen on a regular basis the year we went down.Norwich are an easy target and always will be and , can''t imagine for one minute that the ref would have disallowed the goal if Costa or Rooney had scored it or if Silva had been on the receiving end of that tackle .

Just imagine if Tettey had put that challenge in on Cabaye that Dorrans received off Murray or if Zaha had scored the goal Jerome got disallowed...

As an unfashionable club you get poorer referees than "bigger" clubs - better referees are saved for higher profile games. It could be seen as institutionalised favouritism.

As a qualified ref myself, I always try to give officials the benefit of the doubt and can often understand why decisions have been given even when the weight of opinion is against the ref. However, Hooper''s performance yesterday was nothing short of abysmal. Tettey''s foul was a definite booking, but his inaction against Murray for his lunge set the ref up for cries of inconsistency right from the start.Twice he failed to book Murray for diving - the first one I can understand, but the second one where he actually grabbed the ball just has to be a caution. He missed his assistant''s flag on more than one occasion, too - on one occasion the assistant put his flag down because he realised Hooper had missed it and the play had gone back down the other end, and on the second occasion it took him a good ten seconds to spot it and bring the play back.Then there was the Ruddy free-kick that he made him retake twice. A free-kick is supposed to benefit the team that has been sinned against, so using common sense to allow the kick to be taken quickly has to be considered. If it''s in the middle or final third, it''s totally fair enough to insist that it''s taken from the right place, but when it''s in your own penalty area the ref has got to use his brain.I can kind of see where he was coming from with the disallowed goal, and I think it may have been the assistant that gave the decision anyway. I think it was the wrong decision, but not as bad as some of the others. And the penalty shout was just spineless - yes Bassong accentuated the contact a bit, but so did Souare for Tettey''s foul in the first half. It didn''t change his decision then - and neither should it have, he was right to issue a yellow - but to not give that penalty when he had a perfect view was simply cowardly.What I can''t understand is why a referee is given his first-ever Premier League outing on the opening day of the season. There are plenty of opportunities to blood new officials at the end of a season when they can be given matches between mid-table clubs with nothing riding on them. Atrocious decision from the powers that be to appoint him for this fixture, especially given the previous issues we have had with him. But of course those responsible will retreat back into their shells and offer no sense of accountability for either the appointment itself or the decisions in the game.I was chatting to a Palace fan after the game, and the first thing he said to me was how shocking the referee was and how he felt he had ruined the match. When even the winning team are critical, you know the guy has had a mare.

As shambolic as Hooper was yesterday, I still think that the Richard West mugging at Arsenal in 2013 was worse. Billion dollar league with 5p officiating. Michael Oliver anyone?

The main issue with the premier league is that neither the manager or the players can voice their opinion for fear of getting charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

What if the fans sued the premier league as the referee was not fit for purpose under S75 of the Consumer Credit Act or via theVisa/MasterCard chargeback regulations.

Would the Premier League really want to fight the fans, at their own cost in the County Court.

From what I saw of Simon Hooper yesterday he should of got off the A47 at Gt Yarmouth, as he was more suited for Peter Jay''s circus.

I would disagree with a couple of points made by posters, the Tettey challenge was not a booking, it was a genuine attempt to win the ball, he was fractionally late but there was no intent, unlike the Murray tackle where there was both intent and the tackle was over the ball. The referees assistant did not make the call for the disallowed goal, his flag did not move......

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]I would disagree with a couple of points made by posters, the Tettey challenge was not a booking, it was a genuine attempt to win the ball, he was fractionally late but there was no intent, unlike the Murray tackle where there was both intent and the tackle was over the ball. The referees assistant did not make the call for the disallowed goal, his flag did not move......[/quote]Fair enough on the disallowed goal – someone told me he thought the assistant flagged, which would have been strange given the respective positions of the officials. In the context of the rest of the match, if he hadn''t booked Tettey then you could argue he would have been more consistent, given the Murray tackle he let go. Agree with what you say about Tettey''s intent (or lack of), but when a player is chopped down when running into open space in the attacking third then a yellow card is going to be issued more often than not. No beef with that decision in itself, but the inconsistency when you consider what he let go is really galling.

Norwich are up against more than just teams this season. We''ve seen it every time we''re in the top flight. The psychology of the lesser officials is weak and the less fashionable clubs suffer for it. We can all see it - we just have to rise above it!

Got to say I agree Spanish. Only other time I had the same feelings as this game was the Tranmere away game, where I was convinced it smelt bad and Ilderton was up to something. But that was nothing compared to this. No one, just no one could honestly make the decisions he did and not have an ulterior motive, whatever they may be and/or any money involved.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Don''t forget we have had useless refs before:

Holt sent off at Reading

The ref at our Tranmere away game.[/quote]

I think the question is was this sheer incompetence or something far more sinister?

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]Don''t forget we have had useless refs before:

Holt sent off at Reading

The ref at our Tranmere away game.[/quote]

I think the question is was this sheer incompetence or something far more sinister?[/quote]

By the sheer consistency of his decisions, you have to think something far more sinister.

Let''s wait and see how quickly he ''stamps; his authority on this game, and how many controversial decisions, are of his making (I''ll go for zero).

You get the feeling with Hooper that the Refs Association will just keep with him, as to do otherwise makes them look stupid, particularly in light of his previous attempts to get on the Prem and the comments of Mark Halsey.  It reminds me of the years they stuck with the "fast tracked" Michael Oliver , who even now in my opinion isn''t any good, but marginally better than when he first emerged . The arrogance of him explaining to Martin that Cam''s foot was high, with that smirk , was very Oliver-esque. The trouble is the game is completely beyond one man in the middle and a couple of other blokes looking across the line for off sides - who occasionally give penalties when they are looking. But that is another argument I am fed up with having.

Well yeah, if they don''t stick with the arrogant, biased, cheating t055er, it will look like the referee bosses have got it wrong and are admitting it, which of course they will never do.

It will be the first time the I will have ever watched a game just to see the performance of the referee, otherwise Championship football would have taken it''s place way behind the US PGA.