Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

What is the FA process for yellow cards?

Surely a yellow card is the same as the amber light in traffic lights and is just a warning, nothing more.  Two such warnings in one match,  then you get sanctioned.  5 yellow cards over a period of time and you are sanctioned.  But per se, a yellow card, on it''s own, can have no sanction. 

players receive a fine for a yellow card at all levels of football.I would imagine this is mandatory in all players contracts, so that when they sign they know any disciplinary issues will be taken out of their wages as standard... I have no idea but if someone knows please enlighten us.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Surely a yellow card is the same as the amber light in traffic lights[/quote]I can''t see what you''re driving at Lakey........

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 16/08/2015 5:28 PM:

players receive a fine for a yellow card at all levels of football.

I would imagine this is mandatory in all players contracts, so that when they sign they know any disciplinary issues will be taken out of their wages as standard... I have no idea but if someone knows please enlighten us.

----------------------------------------------------------

I do not believe this is true Jas.

There is no fine given but the process attracts an ''administration fee''.

I believe that the payment of the ''administration fee'' is the responsibility of the club for whom the player plays and that the player should then reimburse their club, at every level of football .......... and the fee is the same!

I believe it is, at the moment £10.00.

So this would mean that if Wayne Rooney committed a ''bookable offence'' that the booking would raise a £10.00 charge which Mr Rooney should reimburse Manchester United from his £200,000? weekly wage and that if a sixteen year old mistimed a tackle and was booked he would be expected to pay his club £10.00 from his £20.00 paper round.

Perhaps somebody can tell me if I am wrong, please.

Apparently teams that get 6 or more bookings a game can be fined up to £25k at the top levelhttp://premiersoccerchat.com/338/how-much-are-fines-for-getting-a-yellow-card-in-the-english-premier-league/I''m suprised Leicters aren''t bankrupt!