Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

It wasn't us ... (plus bonus: a dig at Robbie Savage)

My friends, don''t get too excited about today''s result. According to most punditry I listened to it was only because Sunderland did not play well .... what a load of tosh.

So many times I have seen Norwich make teams look bad through playing great team football. It''s actually why I started supporting the Canaries in the mid-80''s.

Ok Sunderland are clearly not firing on all cylinders but we still had to put them to the sword and we did it majestically.

And now to the bonus dig: Robbie Savage read out a tweet from a Norwich fan who finished it with "#OTBC ..."

"WHAT''S OTBC?" He says. So great to have such a knowledgeable pundit, I can exactly see why they chose him. It''s only one of the oldest songs in football. Did he never play against us?

Rearrange these letters to describe Robbie Savage: TTWA

His timewasting which allowed the extra minutes for Simeon Jackson to score in the 95th minute against Derby will always be one reason why I will never entirely hate Robbie Savage.
Though he is undoubtedly a complete bellend.  Hopefully he''ll be on Strictly Come Dancing at some point, thus sealing his fate as football''s equivalent of Phil Tufnell.

Wasn''t just Robbie who didn''t know what OTBC meant. Darren Fletcher, one of R5L''s top football commentators, hadn''t a clue either. It was left to someone in the production team to whisper in their headphones! #hopeless

To be fair, ask most people outside Norwich what OTBC stands for and I don''t think many would get it right, football fans or not.

I like Savage, an entertaining pundit not afraid to have an opinion with enough knowledge in there somewhere to actually make sense.

But then I like Tuffers as well

It was amusing to hear Savage go on about "what''s OTBC" until they were finally told.

Pretty sure John Motson wouldn''t have needed telling 😉

There was also an interesting discussion from them that we need a goalscorer- Savage basically taking the Hughton approach of saying "who''s got a record of scoring goals, and try to sign them." Fletcher did at least make the point it would need to be someone who needs to fit in with the team. Neither of them has any idea what Jerome offers us up front from his overall game which is the main reason I''m not worried about them both predicting us to be relegated

Unfortunately OTBC isn''t so well known outside of Norfolk. You''ll Never Walk Alone is probably the only phrase I know from any other top flight club...

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]His timewasting which allowed the extra minutes for Simeon Jackson to score in the 95th minute against Derby will always be one reason why I will never entirely hate Robbie Savage.
Though he is undoubtedly a complete bellend.  Hopefully he''ll be on Strictly Come Dancing at some point, thus sealing his fate as football''s equivalent of Phil Tufnell.
[/quote]Too late Bor.......he did it in 2011.If it''s any consolation he broke his nose live on TV and eventually finished 6th.