Sign in to follow this  
hellesdon canary

What about Benik Ofobe

He has not really been mentioned on here but I believe he is a much better fit than all the other championship strikers that have been mentioned, he is one that I think would be a good fit for Norwich Strong quick and can score goals and only 23. I would take him over McCormack, Rhodes, Martin, Murphy any day of the week.

But would still be nicer to also have a quality top striker as well and maybe ship out all of Ricky, Lafferty and Hoops

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]I see that in light of any evidence of transfer activity, some posters are making up names of forwards they''d like to see us sign - Michu, Anechibe etc. It''d be funny if it weren''t so sad[/quote]

You have to admire the stupidity.

Totally agree. Mentioned him before in another thread. Kenny Jacektt has come out and said that he will not be sold in this transfer window though.

Possibility of a cash + player deal? If Hooper is deemed surplus to requirements here that might make for a good move for both parties.

Decent shout, and I agree I would take him over the strikers mentioned, but has no premier league experience, not to say he won''t come good of course.

The only problem is that he only moved to Wolves in January, is contracted to them until 2018 and seems happy there. All in all I don''t think he''d be ready to lead the line in the EPL but decent potential

Its not stupidity, just saying that we keep getting quoted with championship strikers ie McCormack again and there is probably no legs in it but if we are going to have to settle for a championship striker who has a pretty good strike rate then we could do worse than Benik Ofobe

Yes think he will be a premier league player by this time next year whatever Club.

Very good finisher, strong and pacey.

Dare I say it, a decent version of Grabban.

They have some very young promising defenders there Iorfa, Hause & Batth all being linked to prem sides. Expect them to be top 6 this year.

thankyou Yorkshire Pudding my point was I would like to get him for his potential and also a reckonised goalscorer. Sure you could get the two for say £16m and possibly recoup approx £10m for ricky, Lafferty and Hoops so an outlay of £6m would I believe give us a better options

I agree I would take him over Grabban now as he is strong and quick and I believe even now he is more of a goal threat then Grabban maybe just need to polish off the rough edges

A useful striker and still quite young. I live about 20 miles from Wolverhampton, and it is clear from local people and the local press that he has made quite an impact for Wolves, and they have great hopes of him this season.

It could be a useful signing, but Wolves are desperate to hang on to him - it could be expensive.

Decent shout. Was my first thought when I heard AN was at the game today. He isn''t proven at the highest level but has excelled at the level below.

Only thing is that he hasn''t been at wolves long and no doubt has a long contract so unless he has a clause, he won''t be cheap and won''t be too fussy about staying put.

Looks like West Ham and Villa are looking at him already and preparing bids, would like us to be in the mix as well great player and good age.

We need to be buying these kinds of players straight from the producer instead of waiting until their price goes up by £5m+. Buy and loan to the Champs if necessary, keep Neil Adams busy.

93vintage "We need to be buying these kinds of players straight from the producer instead of waiting until their price goes up by £5m+. Buy and loan to the Champs if necessary, keep Neil Adams busy."

Isn''t that what we''ve done with players like Thompson and McGrandles? Murphy and Morris out on loan?