Sign in to follow this  
Longy

Dean Marney - Loan

my mate who is a spurs fan really rates him. think he would be more suited to the fizzy pop than bentley. scored to screamers in one game last season! Id be happy to see him sporting yellow and green for a season!!

I must confess I knew nothing about him either, so I did a google search on him. All the words I found written about him were complimentary and praiseworthy. Words such as:"tenacious and talented mid-fielder who shot to prominence on New Year''s Day 2005, when he scored twice in a 5-2 win over Everton." Apparently he''s a versatile player who can play in mid-field or defence. He''s also described as an excellent prospect for the future. All of that lot would sell him to me if I had to make the decisions.

Good old Worthy, I say, Bentley last year was seen as one of the top Premiership prospects, and if we do get this lad we will have another. Good for him for having a go.

This would be a serious acquisition for Worthy and City. Hell, I may even have to grovel, and cry ''unworthy'' at Nigel''s feet if this deal comes off.

Help!. 

marney would be a top top signing for us. would do more for us than bentley -- he has more defensive muscle and still some great talent and, as we saw last season, a great shot.go on NW. make this one happen. if he can, and hughes signs, then our midfield suddenly looks much meatier: hux, francis, safri, hughes, marney as the core group.

Would have preferred him to Bentley last year. I think he will prove to be a more consistent performer for us and probably more of a worker and less flamboyant than Bentley.

think bents with a more bit more consistency and discipline,
and naturally a better haircut, sounds perfect to me

nycanary - don''t forget Jason Jarrett, and add to your list McVeigh & Brennan and you do have a very strong midfield squad!