Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

First on MOTD

[quote user="unique"]I guess it''s now over to ''Goals on Sunday'' to see if they can make a better fist of it......certainly can''t do any worse.[/quote]

Have to agree.  BBC was woeful.  Poor prep, focused on play that highlighted bad Sunderland play - exactly what they said last week about them - ignored Wes''s class set ups, ignored the fact that we had been chasing down closing down all the match (Wright - "it''s easy to chase down when you''re 3-0 up"), basically poor reflection of the overall match - apart from Jenas who tried to put forward our case. Flop ears and "him" just poor. 

Mind you, its not as bad as the Channel 5 league show, which is just embarrassing.

i know its only two games in but i love how their experts are easily proven wrong, they all predicted norwich to be worse of the promoted teams, yet now norwich sit highest (probably will stay that way when bmouth lose)

:)

I assume Alex Neil was there and celebrating our goals. Difficult to say, because every time we scored or went close the cameras cut to Dick Advocaat rather than show any of our management team celebrating. I had to be calmed down by my wife because I was so incensed by it. The panel tried to praise us but kept going back to how bad Sunderland were.

I''ve just caught up with motd, and would have to agree with most of the comments already made about the coverage, pretty poor all in all.

Mind you, biggest surprise for me was seeing Hugh Laurie in the Watford dugout and on the touch line, I love seeing celebs on the telly trying their hand at something else. And, as my eagle eyed wife spotted, Watford helpfully put ''Football Manager'' on the back of each seat in the dugout, so he could sit in whichever seat he wanted.

Disappointingly this would never happen at Norwich, I''m staying away until I see a celebrity on the touch line at the Carra on motd. Delia out until this mess is sorted.

Good to be on first, but it was clear that the "story", and thus the reason for being first, was all about Sunderland rather than us. So they weren''t really interested in the game as such, or picking up on aspects of our performance by adding more highlights, but the match was just the intro to all the "Sunderland in crisis" drama.

Sadly this is the reality now, there always needs to be a backdrop, and it is rare for a game to be first purely on the strength of the game itself.

However with Hansen going, how on earth do the BBC revert to the likes of Jermaine Jenas and Ian Wright? I like Wright and his enthusiasm, but as a pundit and observer he offers even less than Alan Shearer. The "look, he''s got space, now he''s got room" bit, as others have commented, was embarrassing for him.

But overall I don''t really care that much. the important thing is that we are back in the big time, we aren''t and never will be one of the big clubs so to expect anything else is delusional. Even if we do excel we''ll be plucky over-achievers at best.

I think Wright is better suited to playing the ''Savage'' role on the radio than trying to provide meaningful analysis and I thought he looked rather awkward and uncomfortable. Agree that it was embarrassing he didn''t seem to know any of our players'' names. Jenas I didn''t think was too bad.
Same old coverage of Norwich though, all about Sunderland and no credit for our excellent performance. Yes they were bad but we played some really good football and deserved the points. But hey ho, we''re not Bournemouth or Swansea so it doesn''t matter.
Maybe we should adapt that Millwall song:
We are Norwich, we are Norwich,
No-one rates us, we don''t care.
I''ve not watched MOTD in a while and was genuinely surprised at how bad it''s gotten. Sky''s coverage is leagues ahead now.

''''I would have thought camouflage would be ruled as an unfair advantage.''''....BBB

Remember when Manure changed kit at HT cos they ''Couldnt see each other'', didnt do Everton any harm , did it?

Any old excuse will do for Man U, as long as you dont blame the Manager.