Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Ratings v Sunderland?

For those of you that went, could you give us your ratings please?

It sounds like there were several stand out performances and I would agree that the late consolation goal was annoying and should have been cleared.

Hoolahan, Redmond, Whittaker, Jerome, Dorrans and Brady all seemed to have had good games. From what I saw and heard if I had to pick out a man of the match it would be Hoolahan closely followed by the rest.

Ruddy = 8

Whittaker =9

Martin =8

Bassong =8

Brady = 7

Tettey = 7

Howson = 7

Dorrans = 7

Redmond =9

Hoolahan = 9

Jerome = 8

Subs

O''Neil = 6

Grabban = 5

Wes just edged MOM with his 2 assists and some sublime play at times, with Redmond pushing him all the way his performance, rarely wasted the ball on Saturday, all in all a great team performance only marred by a sloppy goal.

Ruddy - 7 - In truth didn''t have a huge amount to do but did what was required when called upon. Must be very disappointed to concede such a weak goal at the end. I think he was unsighted but on the replays it looked like he should have dealt with it better.

Whittaker - 9 - Probably one of his best performances I''ve seen from him - clearly bringing in Wisdom has had the desired effect on Whitts to bring him back to the top of his game. Solid at the back and a great goal to match - showed great strength to get to the pull back from Wes first.

Martin - 8 - Solid and a much better performance. Led from the back and got his goal which set us on our way. Like Whitts, when he plays like that you can see why he represents his country.

Bassong - 7 - Like Martin kept Sunderland quiet, the usual odd lapse in concentration but getting back to his best.

Brady - 8 - Much better performance this week - was given more chances to get forward and looks like he''s going to be a great signing for us on the wing. Looked more assured without BJ in front of him.

Tettey - 6 - Solid, wastefully booked for a pointlessly reckless challenge.

Howson - 7 - Does the hard work without looking spectacular, a real key cog in the NCFC engine.

Dorrans - 7 - As with Howson, hugely underrated for us and often involved in a lot of our best moves.

Redmond - 9 - AN says they''ve been working hard in training to get the best out of his talents, 5 goals in 6 games tells us all it needs to.

Hoolahan - 9 - MOTM. 88% pass accuracy, 2 assists. The Wes of old! Unbeatable on his day and his little flick into the path of Whittaker was superb.

Jerome - 7 - Works hard and probably should have made the best of a few miscued strikes at goal.

Subs

O''Neil - 6 - Dying embers, not much to report.

Grabban - 5 - I am still not convinced by Grabban. Jerome departing led us to sit deeper as I said in another thread. We need someone similar to Jerome to bring off the bench to keep hassling defenders, he just doesn''t have the presence that Jerome brings.

Ruddy 10

Whittaker 10

Martin 10

Bassong 10

Brady 10

Tettey 10

Howson 10

Dorrans 10

Redmond 10

Wes 11

Jerome 10

It was near enough the perfect away performance.