Sign in to follow this  
Indy

I love Norwich fans on here, never any middle ground!

Win one week and out come the positive fans, giving it large to those negative fans, next week we lose and bang, out come the negative fans giving some back!

The football is the key and the players did a fintastic job, it''s not about you but the team and performance, fantastic for two weeks running. A few minor mistakes at the back last week punished by quality players this week the back were better organised and played the ball from the back very well.

Great weekend to be a city fan!

Well done to the players and manager, big thumbs up this week.

A weekend where we can watch all the variants of MOTD!

Hopefully we can maintain the momentum & the style of play over the coming weeks.

Manoeuvre a few of the squad out with seriouly upgraded replacements coming in then we can look forward to a few more weekends like this.

You made this thread because you feel bad about giving city stick all week

Don''t expect me to pat your head and tell you everything''s okay.

Plenty for you to continue to moan at.

Ciao

And there is plenty of midddleground!

Ricardo, Tilly, Nutty and Purple are all pretty straightforward no-nonsense say it how it is posters.

They might get lumbered with the so called "happy clappers" but purely because their points don''t match with those that cast them there.

And more often than not, along with others, they are the constant here. They don''t vanish come win lose or draw. Only for the meagre holidays they are permitted during the off-season.

[quote user="chicken"]And there is plenty of midddleground!

Ricardo, Tilly, Nutty and Purple are all pretty straightforward no-nonsense say it how it is posters.

They might get lumbered with the so called "happy clappers" but purely because their points don''t match with those that cast them there.

And more often than not, along with others, they are the constant here. They don''t vanish come win lose or draw. Only for the meagre holidays they are permitted during the off-season.[/quote]Actually, chicken, I suspect most Norwich City fans (and even a majority here!) take a reasonably balanced view of the vagaries of football. And, to be fair, even the sanest can get temporarily swayed by its instant highs and lows.The posts I do find perplexing are those from fans who follow football almost religiously and seem to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the game but yet don''t apply the lessons they should have learned to Norwich City.This is particularly true in the transfer windows, and has been again this time. Only fans who have been up the Amazon for three month will not know that Chelsea have spent the summer trying to buy Stones from Everton. Or that Man Utd have been failing to do deals with Real Madrid. And these are two of the richest clubs in world football. If they can''t get all their targets in before the season starts why should fans expect (as some here do) that we should succeed where they have failed?A balanced view would be that we have had an excellent transfer window so far. Boxes ticked for a back-up keeper and cover at right-back, central defence and left-back. Plus a potential starter on the left side of midfield and added quality in central midfield.That only leaves the possibility of extra quality in central defence, and the understood necessity of at least one new striker. But anyone who follows football closely should know that the most crucial and expensive deals often become an exercise in late-window brinkmanship. Why, for example, is Austin still a QPR player?If previous windows are anything to go by then most, if not all, 20 PL clubs will get in at least one more player before the window shuts. And we will be among them.

I didn''t post on here much originally because I got annoyed with the constant bickering, but if you switch off the inflammatory posters who have no ability to cede any ground or formulate a coherent argument, there are an awful lot of decent posters on here. Sure, the occasional thread descends into a flame war and we have a couple of resident irritants with multiple personality disorder, but that''s the same on pretty much every message board.It''s a shame that some people have very binary attitudes towards the club - if you breathe a word against the club you''re a binner, or if you try to put a positive slant on anything you''re a happy clapper - but I learnt pretty quickly who it was worth conversing with and who I was best off ignoring or humouring. You tend not to get as many replies to your posts if your views are moderate, but that''s inevitable - a bit of controversy is always more likely to get people talking than a diplomatic post.So, in summary: OP, quit your whining! [;)]

I think the key is to try to explain one''s thinking rationally. Plus, not present opinions as facts.

Contrast "It is a disgrace that we aren''t trying to get a centre back" to "In my view it should be a priority to sign a centre back". Both are really making the same point, but one is presented in a way leading to debate an the other closes the door and invites the bickering you refer to FTW through overt hostility.

But I guess these boards will also tempt those who feel strongly about something to grind away with their agendas. Tom and his obsession with a new out of town stadium is a good example. If you don''t feel strongly will you bother to make a post even though you may have a view?

Those in the "middle ground" will likely suffer at the hands of those who believe all is well and also those who believe nothing is right. But all 3 groups should have something valid to contribute if done in the right way.

I''ll now break the rule above about presenting opinion as fact and state that this board is a psychologist''s dream. Probably.