Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Now Bournemouth get the "small team" treatment

Perfectly reasonable goal disallowed for pushing in the area after 5 minutes. Had it been Skrtel on a Bournemouth CB, no doubt the goal stands.

Welcome to the PL, Bournemouth.

Not sorry as we might need them to get nowt from this, but another example of selective application of the laws to the disadvantage of the smaller club.

Liverpool look awful by the way. Nothing to fear if this is their new look approach.

Whilst Liverpool''s goal shouldn''t have stood, Steve Cook allowing Benteke to run off him when all he had to do was move a to his right to block him off is criminal.

No sympathy for "media darlings" Bournemouth from me......if it really is true that decisions even themselves out, given the refereeing favours they got last season ,theyre not due anything for about 6 seasons.....

What a poor atmosphere. Big team in terms of past (very past) honours maybe but the fans are c**p. It''s like watching a league cup 2nd round game or a pre season friendly when you can hear the players really clearly shouting to each other. Even the Bournemouth fans are silent.

Anyway, like when I watched Stoke/Liverpool, nothing to be scared of there...

I hate Bournemouth so what if they played well and got nothing City played well against Crystal Palace and got nothing welcome to the big time hope they go straight back down

Having seen the replay the ref made the right call on dissallowing the Bournemouth goal.

Not only was Lovren prevented from jumping he was also used as a spring board. I doubt very much the guy would have connected with the ball otherwise.

[quote user="chicken"]Having seen the replay the ref made the right call on dissallowing the Bournemouth goal.

Not only was Lovren prevented from jumping he was also used as a spring board. I doubt very much the guy would have connected with the ball otherwise.[/quote]

Nonsense. Lovren was too slow to react, couldn''t get a decent jump so resorted to looking like he''d been fouled and conned the ref. if that was a foul so was Kompanys against Ivanovic and countless others that are given as goals.

Give these decisions and as Howe said, they''ll be a free kick from every corner. I''m pleased Bournemouth lost but this was yet another sad day for football as it''s the refereeing that''s being discussed (though quite rightly).

The most frustrating thing about football is the stop start culture that''s built up and only getting worse. Whistle happy refs that can''t wait to stop the game at every opportunity to show they''re in control. Players are to blame also as the play acting and downright cheating has forced the officials hand into thinking more about every incident and the need to stamp their authority.

I pay for 90 mins of football. All I got from the Palace game was the memory of some good football but over 50% of how consistently awful the officials were.