Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Celtic want Hooper = VVD here?

Reports / rumours circulating that Celtic want Hooper back, but on loan!

I wouldn''t & I can''t see us just doing them a favour by loaning them Hooper. Not sure why they would just want to loan him rather than buy him back unless they don''t have the budget to buy a multi-million pound striker?

In that case & if this is true then surely it can be used as a bargaining tool for VVD?

Lots of if''s & but''s & even if they were receptive to the idea then VVD would still have to agree to come here. Otherwise tell them to do one as we gain absolutely zero from loaning them Hooper. Stump up the money or do a part-ex with VVD......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33956061

Hooper has 1 year left on his contract and we have an option a further year

He will get 5/8 goals in the Prem this season even if he is only used the bench

We cant let him go anywhere untill a replacement is signed, if we did Wolf would become 3rd choice and he wont score in a month of sundays

We have to get a sizeable fee or use him as a bargaining tool for VVD as mentioned above

Lets beat Stoke saturday and then see if a club in a mid table position is more attaractive to players than one in the bottom three

I don''t think where we are in the table is relevant at this stage of the season.

He is our most natural finisher in the squad. We would be silly to sell. If given some chances he will score. scored last time in the premier league and that was in a poor attacking side.

It will all depend on Celtic getting to CL or not.

If they lose out to Malmo, Celtic will not want to chase Hooper, and VVD goes to Southampton.

If they make CL, they will want Hooper, but will be reluctant to sell VVD (and he may want to stick around himself, too), but I do believe the Hooper interest is down to Celtic getting into the CL.

Yes, Hooper & Jerome are our 2 best finishers. I just can''t see Hooper being used as anything really much more than a 2nd half substitute or for cup games which is a bit of a waste.

I rate Hooper but other than the above I just don''t see where he''ll fit in with an Alex Neil setup.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]VVD would be an excellent addition. However, we must retain Hooper but have potentially three other surplus forwards.[/quote]Anyone else daring to dream that RVW might get the chance to rekindle his ability for scoring goals in a cr@p league?

The trouble with Hooper is that he doesn''t fit in the AN''s work ethic - he''s slow, lazy.He''s not a PL striker. All this talk about playing for England is rubbish - if GH couldn''t make it, when there was a drought of good English strikers, then Hooper stands absolutely no chance.If we get an offer that approaches anything near what we paid for him, sell him.

Read a comment on some jock website that Hoops is their(celtics) best finisher since Henrik LLaarrssonn ( i could only be sure of the one o). Finisher maybe, player, no. Dont get me wrong, hoops is a decent striker and not a bad player either, if he stays, i reckon he''ll get enough goals from limited game time but his all round game is not what we need most of the time. If he is happy to stay then i''d be happy to keep him, otherwise, if we could trade him in against VVD, happy days.

Quite a few rumours circulating (from usually reliable sources) this morning that Destro is coming to us on loan. Would this be the catalyst that would allow Hooper to go to Celtic on loan?

I''d be disappointed if this was the case as I''d rather get rid of Laffs before Hooper (not that I want us to get rid of Hoops). Even RVW (who I like) but see getting even less game time than Hoops.

Perhaps we have tried offloading Laffs & RVW but there have been no takers, so freeing up Hoops wages will allow us to bring in Destro, (who AN may see as a better fit for us), whilst not impacting on the rest of our transfer activity. I.E. perhaps a Mbokani type striker & a central defender.

?????

Norfolk broad I think the latter of your points is the more accurate one.

Think a fit lafferty will be on the move to a championship club but the issue with rvw is pretty clear, rejected 1.3 million wages at Lisbon or something stupid, were clearly paying him a chunk and he''s not leaving unless he can get that.

As for hooper, he''s the more attractive proposition for clubs looking for a striker. If he fitted into the formation we played and he could get 25 games it would be a different story, but currently with wes on top form there''s no need to alter a working formation. Having said that I think he can come on and change a game/grab a goal but you''d assume he wants to go and play regular football

[quote user="The Great Wall Of Tettey"]

the issue with rvw is pretty clear, rejected 1.3 million wages at Lisbon or something stupid,

[/quote]

Subject to the reported numbers being correct I think he is on over £2m pa with us and would have taken 1.5m;   for the sake of £5k pw surely it is worth us paying the balance to RvW either weekly or as a lump sum to see the end of the saga?

Does anyone on this board have any definitive proof of RvW''s salary with us? I think he was on £625k per year at Sporting, from what I can see on the net. What evidence is there that we quadrupled his wages? I think Ron posted a link last week suggesting he was on nearer 20k per week, half what most bandy around on here. His actual salary is very relevant to our striker transfer dealings this summer - anybody got anything? Or are we just making stuff up and speculating? Surely not!

The press reports i have read about Hooper being loaned to Celtic talk about him being on £36000 a week. I would not be surprised at this and if true RVW would be on or around that figure

I saw somewhere that Hooper is on £32k so in a similar ballpark to you, Yorkshire; not bad pay for generally being a benchwarmer! You would think any loan for him would involve us getting that paid.