Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Redmond's contract

I think it is up in June/July 2017 but he in one of the few players that will have a price on his head.The problem is if we wait say until Dec/Jan 2015/2016 and Norwich are looking like relegation material, would he want to extend his contract.I would personally like to see him offered an extension sooner than later.

Pretty sure the club will be looking to extend his contract ASAP.

Also pretty sure his agent will be looking to secure him a hefty pay rise.

If we get relegated I can''t see him being here next year anyway, contract or no contract.

With the extension of a year for Howson, makes you think there are negotiating a new contract for Redders now.

I hope his agent doesn''t play silly buggers.

this is why we have to spend money and buy better players to show redmond we are a club going forward ,

if not a wba everton Swansea stoke type team will snap him up and you wouldn''t blame him he wants to be playing premiership football

With each week passing the harder it will be to tie him down and stop another club coming in for him.Improving all the time.

[quote user="dibbler"]With each week passing the harder it will be to tie him down and stop another club coming in for him.Improving all the time.[/quote]I think most clubs already know how good he can be

We''ll be lucky to keep him, contract or no contract extension. If he continues with his new found knack of scoring. Young English lad who isn''t an ounce of trouble to manage. We''d sell at the first whiff of a £20m cheque.

NR is on fire. Expect even more interest in the next few weeks, there is plenty already. England U21, playing with players at big clubs earning, or potentially earning,  serious money.  DM''s hard nosed negotiation will be called upon. This isn''t Wes looking for one last pay day as with the Villa scenario, this is a young player fulfilling all of his potential so far. Hold on tight. Lets hope he is still here on Sept 1st. He was brilliant today.

Reading various sources (probably rehashes of old internet rumours) that Newcastle, Southampton and Stoke are looking at tabling £10 million bids for Redmond and that AN`s statement about his future was said to "ward them off".Do we put this down to lazy journalism ( if there is any proper journalism left on the internet) or do clubs really think that they can pinch Redders for £10 million.We would laugh off £10 million bids, would`nt we?Not that I would sanction or support Redmonds sale but surely he is closer to the £20 million mark in today`s  transfer market.If he wanted to move ( which I don`t think he does) what price would you put on him?

I think the board would have to look hard at a £15m bid, but I''d hope they were strong enough to reject it. He''s worth way more to us in the team than in money, particularly given how hard we appear to be finding it to attract signings.

It all depends on Redmond, with less than 2 years left he could wait till January 2017 and pick where he goes with a token payment set by the panel as he''s under 23.

Would think that he''s been offered an extension to his contract and for whatever reason not signed yet. So should a good offer come in the club would have to consider it weighing up all outcomes.

I hope he signs another contract here soon and commits for the mid term, so if any offer comes in it would have to be substantial.

I can see Redmond sold in the next couple windows but not this summer, critical player for us this year.

I think I''m right in saying even if his contract did expire we''d be due some form of payment ala Danny Ings?

Tough to know what to do though- part of me thinks he might sign if we stay up this season but if that happens he will have played well and be attracting interest from higher up the food chain. Alternatively if we look like going down he will want out to remain at the top level. Ideal situation is we get it tied up now but I can''t see him rushing to extend.

If sterling is worth 49 million and stones is worth around 38 million give or take, Jordan Rhodes had a bid of 13 -14 million turned down this year English players are worth more and more, especially young English players I would like to think that we would want 30+ million at the very least.

In todays market he''s at the very least a £25M player. I suspect after his breakthrough season this year we''ll be knocking back £20-£30M bids next summer. In the last two games he''s looked twice the player he was in our last PL campaign.

The close control and trickery of Hoolahan combined with the pace, counter attacking and goal threat of Huckerby. If he could impose himself on the game more often instead of drifting in and out he''d be a lethal attacking threat at this level and good enough to play for any team.

i don''t want to turn this into another AN love in because Redmond has done so well on his own, but imo he''s only started to finally fulfill his potential since Neil got a hold of him. He was raw and wasteful under Hughton and very ineffective and a figure of frustration under Adams. He looks a hell of a player now and objectively it would be a good idea for him to stay here a few more years and develop his game even more before moving on

hes a £20 million + player even at this point, is a future england international and probably sooner than you might think given his start this seasontop flight ability, young and english doesnt , shouldnt come cheap, liverpool paid between 15 and 20 mill for jordan henderson from sunderland and that was 4 years ago, taking into account inflation and tv revenue should see him sold for at LEAST that amount and even then id be disapointed mcnally and delia folded so easilybut given this club has a history of being far too nice and not selling players for anywhere near what they are really worth i suspect we will probably lose him for 14 million or less

[quote user="iron_stan"]hes a £20 million + player even at this point, is a future england international and probably sooner than you might think given his start this seasontop flight ability, young and english doesnt , shouldnt come cheap, liverpool paid between 15 and 20 mill for jordan henderson from sunderland and that was 4 years ago, taking into account inflation and tv revenue should see him sold for at LEAST that amount and even then id be disapointed mcnally and delia folded so easilybut given this club has a history of being far too nice and not selling players for anywhere near what they are really worth i suspect we will probably lose him for 14 million or less

[/quote]When was the last time we done this?