Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Matteo Destro bid

Destro on loan would be better deal than just signing him imo as we can see if he is any good before commiting funds also we could see if he is happy to be here a similar deal for RVW would have better for both partys, loan with a option to buy would be good. fingers crossed.

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"]two things with that. I''ve never really used the times as a sporting source before - how reliable is it? and also - to me it reads as "two clubs have sights for Destro on loan" - they just lead with the Norwich part as, obviously, more english people are reading it so will care more about that. I may, and I hope, I am wrong though. VVD and MD will close up my transfer window wish list[/quote]

The Times is usually fairly accurate - they don''t tend to put things in their "Window Watch" unless they''re looking fairly certain. They also had a feature on Saturday how smaller clubs in the Premier Leagure were now able to sprinkle their sides with stardust - Shaqiri to Stoke for example - and this article led with Destro coming to us, so there may indeed be something in it. I guess we''ll have to wait and see!

Undoubtedly a quality player but not sure how he''d fit in to AN''s setup... maybe in a 433 with jerome and redmond/wes? Seems more of a hooper type than a leader of the line, though im just basing that on the obligatory youtube search, which as we all know can be misleading.

My vaguely ITK input is that i spoke to a family friend (via his mum, believe it or not) who''s an agent last week who said that he had ''fingers crossed'' for an italian player signing for norwich before the end of the window... didnt say it was destro but cant think of anyone else!

Just realised that sounds a)totally made up and b)not particularly concrete or useful, but it is what it is...

I think a loan deal for Destro would make good sense. We could see how well he fits in and he could have a go or showcase his talents in the PL without having to be threatened by the possibility of relegation. Much better than the RvW situation.

2 years ago would you have thought Norwich could have a front 2 of Van Wolfswinkle and Destro?

Both playing in Europe and both scoring goals for their clubs, would love to see them play together at some point, the wolfs movement is brilliant and he dose create a lot of space he just hasn''t got confidence which I''m sure he can get back with a goal or 2.

Can''t see at the moment how Destro will fit in looks like he plays alongside someone at Roma?

Could be an absolutely incredible signing for us given his pedigree, I''ve already thought we''ll surprise a few people this season as it is and adding this player alone only helps cement my view on this - I would imagine playing alongside the likes of Wes and Redmond with the form they''re in would really suit him down to the ground. IF Destro does comes in, and we also sign Mbokani, then fingers crossed we''ve got goals coming in from all over the pitch. Would be a real coup, and it now actually sounds like this rumour has got legs too - let''s see what happens.

agree with AlexDestro would be a hell of a signing and with Jerome, Grabban and Hooper playing with him we''d finish mid table for sure.

This does seem a weird one - he''s been reported as having signed for/being on the verge of signing for Bologna many times over the last week or so, so who knows. That we are/were still in there is a good sign of intent. I guess it is getting to crunch time, if he signs for us then great, otherwise we just move on.

ANSA are actually now saying that the delay is due to Roma expecting interest from Chelsea and Arsenal

http://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/sport/calcio/2015/08/18/su-destro-tre-club-di-premier-league_a8997c43-bf0c-442b-ad59-ba2ff7d00bff.html

I imagine Chelsea and Arsenal interest is smoke and mirrors from the agent or club, maybe trying to cut a bigger deal.

Seems pretty ridiculous that they''d be after him.

From all the articles I''ve read they''ve been interested for well over a month. Originally he was offered €1.3m a drop from his €1.7m currently at Roma, he tried to renegotiate and told them he wanted 250k upfront to cover extra wage costs. Wether that information is concrete or not remains to be seen

The Last and much more intruiging information I read said he asked Bologna for 24 hours to consider his options and since that was released the stronger loan information came out about us. Joining 2 and 2 together he could easily be negotiating with us but with a concrete offer from Bologna it could swing either way instantly.

I really hope this comes off and we get him. The Norwich fan in me just thinks it won''t happen but I trust AN and co to do the best!

Forget the paper talk, we need someone to clear the confusion by going up to Carrow Road and seeing if McNally''s car is parked wonky like the good old days!

The latest news coming from Italy indicated that the two Italian CEO''s are meeting today to iron out the final details of the proposed loan move to Bologna, but that Destro still hasn''t signed and could still change his mind and opt for the Premier League.

Sounds unlikely that we''ll be seeing him at Carrow Road but it''s not quite a done deal yet . . .

This is why I learned long ago to stay pessimistic about things like this. when it inevitably doesn''t come off you don''t care that much, but when it does it''s freaking great.

unfortunately, it''s the first option.

There''s been reports saying that the Bologna deal was done 4 and 6 days ago. We know that supposedly he asked for longer to make a decision - surely he would have talked to us by now if he was interested in a deal. I''m sure either way we''ll find out within the next day or so.

Until anything is reported officially on a club website it''s still all up in the air.

After having a look the reports on Sky Sports Italy simple state what we already know; talks are on-going between the sides.

From the horses mouth himself, he''s gone to Bologna  "From today begins my new #Bologna Adventure, we''ll put it to repay your trust! Arrivoooo! #weareone #gol #assist"........https://twitter.com/MDestroOfficial/status/633678106029654016

A shame but we have to accept that we are going to struggle to attract players from overseas as we still present a risk after our relegation... It''s back to square one in being viewed as an established top flight side.

It''s not necessarily about being attractive with this particular player. As an Italian, he has the option of signing for a promoted team in Italy or joining a promoted side abroad. It would surely need an incredible offer to move abroad in this instance you would think.

Destro has gone to Bologna, this was his Twitter message Apparently it translates: "From today begins my new adventure with #Bologna, I will give all to repay your trust! I''m coming!