Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Matteo Destro bid

Norwich slips between Bologna and Right: "We will try until the end"

Mattia delays signing up with the Emiliani, and the manager of the English confesses: "It ''a player we talked about: we do not hurry, we can wait until the end of the market"

AUGUST 14, 2015 - MILAN

Mattia Destro delays signing with Bologna, and check on his trail Norwich. To confirm it was the manager of Norwich City, Alex Neil: "It ''a player we''ve talked about but no hurry - he told reporters - I can wait until the end of the market. I need to recruit players that they can be added the group making us stronger. " Right it is the great dream of Bologna: for weeks is in talks with the ds Corvino of Emilia who in recent days has sunk the shot. But the signature still is not there.

A few people have been tweeting that Italian websites are saying he''s all-but signed for Bologna, but they were doing/saying that 3-4 days ago. I''d have thought he''s a little unlikely to end up at FCR but you never know.

Right - this settles it. Sign him up!

http://gds.it/2015/02/04/bellezza-prorompente-sugli-spalti-di-san-siro-ludovica-caramis-porta-fortuna-al-marito-rossonero-matteo-destro-foto_306778/

looks a little on the skeletal side to me

lets hope the lure of the premier league pays of he does look a real handful

Skeletal! Skeletons must have changed a bit since I were a lad:

http://images2.gazzettaobjects.it/methode_image/2013/11/21/Calcio/Foto%20Gallery%20-%20Trattate/C_27_photogallery_8107_listphoto_itemPhoto_9_immagine--576x458_mediagallery-fullscreen.jpg

Not sure if all is as nature intended though; however I am prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice & perform a complete & forensic physical examination - purely in the club''s interests, of course.

looks a little on the airbrush/computer enhanced side

you have to love the Italian media no rock unturned

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/foto/calcio/fuori-dal-campo/2015/06/23-1900511/destro/#3

vindo wrote the following post at 13/08/2015 11:02 AM:

Newton wrote:

ron obvious wrote the following post at 13/08/2015 10:00 AM:

Didn''t Parma say this was a non-starter? Using us as a stalking horse to get bids up or somesuch. His neck of the woods, so he likely has more knowledge of the situation than us.

Perhaps Parma knows about as much about Italian Football as me - nothing

& this is on

No, not quite Newton. Parma is a well informed contributor to this MB whose posts are enjoyable to read - I suspect the issue is that he writes with words of more than one syllable and you struggle to understand, hence your own viewpoint that you know nothing about Italian football. Nothing to be ashamed of, you undoubtedly are amongst like minded rustics in Ipswich.

Despite the abuse I was given yesterday for questioning a post by the great Parma, this looks like it might happen - perhaps Vindo & Parma are not quite as clever as they thought

Why cant we question peoples comments on this board without Troll abusive and being called a Binner. Thought that is what this board was about but perhaps not ?

Stupid idiots

Hardly a step up for him (although to be fair neither would we have been).reports from 15 months ago linked him with Chelsea and Real Madrid.. a good player, or another of footballs Nearly men?

That''s about €28k a week, so what''s that?! £20k a week? I don''t know why we just don''t pay the money for what people are worth.

[quote user="CTID"]That''s about €28k a week, so what''s that?! £20k a week? I don''t know why we just don''t pay the money for what people are worth.[/quote]
To be fair to the club it may just be that he didn''t want to come to Norwich, or even to England. He''s never played outside Italy and recently got married so maybe he is settled there and was only ever going to be interested in another Italian club.

This would imply that we haven''t failed to lure Destro because of money ... He probably didn''t want to join an unfashionable and newly promoted side in a foreign country.

Perhaps it''s more proof that Mbokani is all but done?

[quote user="Russell Martin Peanut Smuggler"][quote user="CTID"]That''s about €28k a week, so what''s that?! £20k a week? I don''t know why we just don''t pay the money for what people are worth.[/quote]
To be fair to the club it may just be that he didn''t want to come to Norwich, or even to England. He''s never played outside Italy and recently got married so maybe he is settled there and was only ever going to be interested in another Italian club.
[/quote]

If I was given a choice between spag bol or crabs and turkey I would go for the bolognaise every time.

The latest from the Italian Press is that Destro has asked for a further 24 hours to make a decision on the Bologna deal. Seems he isn''t quite convinced. Perhaps something that happened over the weekend changed his mind..

Are you suggesting the 3-1 demolishing of the mighty Sunderland might have swayed things?

Would be nice to get something sorted sooner rather than later

Seems slightly hard to believe, I agree, but you never know! We do look a little more desirable sitting in 9th rather than propping up the table, and the Sunderland game did help to illustrate our current team''s potential in a better light.

Seems there''s some confusion online as to whether the rumour of an extra 24 hours is true, or simple guff made up on twitter. I imagine we''ll find out in the next day or so regardless. My money''s still on Mbokani.

I''m sure our 3-1 result would have turned a few heads, especially as you say in showing the teams ability.

I''d prefer Mbokani, he''d be perfect as another option to Jerome.

I''ve got a sneaky suspicion we could be mulling over the possibility of ending up with both at this rate, all very quiet at the moment and with Lafferty (yes, I know he''s been injured) and RvW not in the squad...

Agree, AJ.

I also think McNasty is working on 2 deals, 2 strikers.

Destro and Mbokani.

Hopefully also a defender (Van Dijk) if Hooper can be shifted to Celtic as part exchange. Lets hope Celtic miss out on Champions league, as it will likely be the cathalyst for Van Dijk heading south.

If Lafferty and RvW (and Hooper) are shifted, it''s 3 in, 3 out, with a slight increase in wages, and a few million (shall we say 10 mill) in fees.

Assuming we shift Laff, RvW and Hooper, I think they may generate around 10 mill all 3 together.

Mbokani (6 mill), Destro (5-6 mill), Van Dijk (8-10 mill) is around 20 mill all 3 together.

In a dream world, this would be ideal.

The fly in the ointment with VVD however is Southampton, and if truth be told, I''m pretty damn sure that he (like most players) would rather sign for them at present then they would us.Maybe if we offered a great deal with a guarantee of playing time he''d go for us, but beyond that I think we''ll be playing second fiddle to the likes of Southampton for the time being.

Just noticed that you wont have far to travel for the League Cup game Indy, Shame they wont let League of Ireland into it, would love to see City play over here sometime.

Southampton are about to sign French CB Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli for £8.5 million according to www.metro.co.uk so Van Dijk would probably not be going there too.

Hopefully the RVW lesson has been learned and we bring in 2 strikers allowing for 1 of them to actually fulfil expectations !

To be honest, Destro would be a massive coup in many ways.

Obviously he is an Italian international - but that sort of adds to how cracking it would be. For many, many years, the Italian national team has prioritised players that play in Italy.

It is true that more recently they have picked the odd player from elsewhere but the general rule is they prefer players playing in Italy.

It could be that he is seeking advice from the international set up to see if his chances in the Italian team would be compromised by moving here.

Either way, I have not been getting my hopes up. However, you never know, football is a funny old game!

two things with that. I''ve never really used the times as a sporting source before - how reliable is it?

and also - to me it reads as "two clubs have sights for Destro on loan" - they just lead with the Norwich part as, obviously, more english people are reading it so will care more about that.

I may, and I hope, I am wrong though. VVD and MD will close up my transfer window wish list

Agreed. If we did sign VVD and Destro the Destroyer it would not only be a massive coup, but would show how even the smaller teams in the Premier League (relatively) can attract the best of global talent from former European giants.

Personally, I''d like extra cover at left back before the window closes.