Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Matteo Destro bid

This is just another groundless rumour to give NCFC something to chew on while the deadline approaches and the signings we need do not materialise. Its all too transparent

As I said elsewhere about the Brady reports - we don''t know if the £4.5million reported is the entire sum.

I suspect that with the Brady deal it was the up front fee we were offering to pay. Please don''t consider that to be fact, it''s just a reflection of years of watching things like this and reading a few articles about how transfers work and the sums often reported with them.

£4.5million could be the first up front payment, for example, with further installments and add ons on top of it. Who knows. But there is no point bidding £8million and then thinking we could have signed him for £5million.

Sure some people will blather on about slapping down £10million to get "our man" but at the thin ede of the wedge if we do that we could lose a good £2-3million on each player - and for us that is a signing or money to be spent on wages for a new signing.

I should imagine that where-ever he goes he''ll want regular football, especially in the Premier League, so that he can maintain challenging for a place in the Italy squad. Historically, although it has changed a bit in the last few years, the Italian''s try to pick Italian players playing in Italy so he''d need regular footy to ensure they are keeping note of him.

[quote user="Platonic"]The thing is, two things don''t fit for me

1) This guy seems way out of our league

2) The price we''re quoted as offering is pretty ridiculous for a full Italian international who''s previously been linked to Chelsea.

Fun for a slow news day, but I can''t see it being more than that.[/quote]

Leicester beat Chelsea to Kramaric when they looked odds on to go down. Not saying the destro link is true but some players would rather come to us than play for Chelsea reserves.

I''d be very surprised if this is even remotely true.
I wonder if we''re even vaguely interested in the player. If we are, I can''t personally see £4.5 mill being enough. They''ll want double that via add ons etc.

We should just go sign Rhodes the guy puts the ball in the net and he could turn out to be another Ashton who nobody took a punt on untill we did .

£4.5m for Destro...i''ll eat my hat if we get him for that. I can''t lie, I find our penny pinching after getting the biggest windfall football has ever seen a little embarrassing. It definitely looks like we''re planning on being in the league below next season and the way those boys are going, it''ll be a LOT hard to come back up again.

I''m pretty sure this is the first negative post I''ve made about our spending since I joined the forum. "Ever the optimist" is having a cloudy day.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]£4.5m for Destro...i''ll eat my hat if we get him for that. I can''t lie, I find our penny pinching after getting the biggest windfall football has ever seen a little embarrassing. It definitely looks like we''re planning on being in the league below next season and the way those boys are going, it''ll be a LOT hard to come back up again.

I''m pretty sure this is the first negative post I''ve made about our spending since I joined the forum. "Ever the optimist" is having a cloudy day.[/quote]

Binner! 😉

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="spencer 1970"]£4.5m for Destro...i''ll eat my hat if we get him for that. I can''t lie, I find our penny pinching after getting the biggest windfall football has ever seen a little embarrassing. It definitely looks like we''re planning on being in the league below next season and the way those boys are going, it''ll be a LOT hard to come back up again.

I''m pretty sure this is the first negative post I''ve made about our spending since I joined the forum. "Ever the optimist" is having a cloudy day.[/quote]

Binner! 😉[/quote]

...says the twot who joined this forum in 2011. :D

Yep till then was on the official club forum not this one! Moved here when they closed that one down!

This one was as still is controlled by those who believe they know best, but little other options out there.

Would be nice to see this one come off, though doesn''t look likely if the loan rumours are to be believed.

[quote user="Indy"]Yep till then was on the official club forum not this one! Moved here when they closed that one down!

This one was as still is controlled by those who believe they know best, but little other options out there.

Would be nice to see this one come off, though doesn''t look likely if the loan rumours are to be believed.[/quote]Maybe the worm has turned, and his agent is now propagating ''loan to Bologna'' stories to give Norwich the hurry-up to improve their offer?Ever the optimist... :)

Reports are suggesting the striker has agreed to join Bologna on a contract worth 1.8 million euros a season after sporting director Pantaleo Corvino met with the player''s entourage, with a future fee set to make the deal permanent

Gutted - this equates to only Â£25K per week - surely we could pay substantially more than that ?

Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome wrote the following post at 13/08/2015 3:53 PM:

Well rumour has it rvw is on £40k a week

CJ where did you hear that ?

Turned us down (if we even did make an offer) and is joining Bologna on loan by all accounts, can''t particularly say I blame him really.

p.s do people actually view the Daily Mail as a reliable source?

God that whatfootballersearn website is depressing Ron, just looked at C Ronalado''s wage and was only on it for about 10 seconds - he''d ''earned'' a tenner.

It appears as tho this is still on - how much would we have to increase our £4.5M bid by to swing it ?

[quote user="Newton"]It appears as tho this is still on - how much would we have to increase our £4.5M bid by to swing it ?[/quote]Can''t imagine anything less than £7m (around €10m) would be acceptable. Bloody glad to see us interested though – let''s use some clout here!