Sign in to follow this  
Songwriter

Interesting Read

I think Watford are going to struggle this year losing Heidar Helguson and Danny Webber. Two class players if you ask me... Maybe relegation?

Ipswich have lost the best players by far and do we care? I think not.

By the time this transfer market closes we would have signed the best players.

But Wolves are splashing some cash and are looking further afield. I saw reports of them signing some player I''ve never heard of in Europe somewhere. Good Luck to them...

[quote]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/transfernews.asp?type=showconfirmed&cpid=10 Ins and outs of all CCC teams. The best signings are for me Leeds. The team to lose their best players. Easy and...[/quote]

It really puts thing in perspective, its so far so good for city.  Our core stars remain and we have three decent signings so far - as good quality wise as any and shows that the panic around ebuilding is currently disproportionate. 

Who has signed well?

IMO City and Leicester stand out.

Leicester have three good defenders in Sylla, Johannson and Gerrbrand and have lost a whole host of ''rotten egg'' squad member - I can see a new team spirit forming they may prove more dangerous than we realise.

Who has done poorly?

Reading - lost the back bone of last years success and replaced with very little quality.

Ipswich - a double ouch - their top quality porven performers are out from defence to forwards and just two strikers in; the departees really were the backbone of their side.

Southampton - so far poor signings (wise - give me a break!) and their best  assests gone - will niemi really contemplate that too?  

Average?

Most  - Palace though will go to poor if they lose AJ - I think they have also returned sorondo who did well at the back for them and kiraly lookslikely togo too;

Leeds already had hulse last season Bennett, stone and lewis are aging fading stars while blake will do well with Hulse.  It does not seem enough ''extra'' to me.

Wolves are just above average - rickets is a good signing and mcnamara is probably worth a gamble. 

Lets keep that momentum going with marney or bentley to follow up hughes...

OTBC

Preston and Derby have kept most of their best players and added wisely so expect them to be up there.Can anyone explain how Leeds have sold Joachim to Boston whilst at the same time bought him from Walsall?!

Joachim played on loan at wallsall last season while being a leeds player, leeds signed Joachim in the summer of 2004.  It appears that they then signed him in summer 2005, but what actually happened is he was returned to leeds following his loan spell and then signed for Boston from leeds.

Jim Kent