Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

If we manage to sign only one very good player...

We seem to be missing striker targets one by one, and it''s disappointing.

But if we sign only one player now, I would prefer it to be a centre back. We have scoring potential in the team, and while Jerome may be our best striker, Hopper and Grabban could capitalise. We also have goals from the midfield - top scorer currently Redders, and even from defence.

There may come a time when all good strikers are unavailable to us, or only in silly money. It will certainly be a risk if we don''t sign another. But we have five.The defence has leaked in each game already, and I think it needs strengthening or improving. And there is very little cover.

I tend to agree Salopian... this is a position where we are very vunerable... But this window has been one dissapointment after the other, so I wouldn''t get my hopes up. I would be very surprised if we would even make just one signing.

If we have to splash out money I would rather have us spending it on a good defender.

Although you are speaking a lot of sense. I still want to disagree.

We need to sign a quality striker if we only had 1 signing left. Everyone knows goals win games. I would like us to be that Norwich team that we once were on our first season in the prem under PL. Not afraid of ANYONE and go and grab a goal at any given opportunity. AN doesn''t strike me as the CH type of sitting back with 11 defenders on the pitch.

That''s why I like AN. That''s also why we need a quality striker. Because we wont get goals with Grab,Laf and RVW.

but what he''s saying is the goals don''t have to come from strikers, while we have strikers that CAN score, we have various players across the field that can score more. How many goals did liverpool strikers score last season (On a different level, i know, but my point remains.) however, conceding silly goals can and will cost us.

therefore I agree, if we have one signing left, it really needs to be a solid CB.

But that was my point. I''d say we''ve got 2 strikers in our squad who can score when given a chance. Jerome and Hoops. The other 3, nah.

We do have players in other positions who score yes. But i''d love to rely on a class striker who will get us 15 a season to boost our chances of staying up comfortably. As we have a team of 11 who should always help to defend when needed.