Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Charlie Austin

Just watching the QParse v Cardiff game. Funilly enough a certain referee from last weeks abomination is looking after affairs, and he''s fcuked up again! (I might be being a tad harsh on this occasion)!

Anyway, my point, Charlie Austin is a real threat and handful. Is he linked with any clubs? I''d much prefer an Englishman with premier league experience at the club than a Wolfs Winkle gamble!

Se no issue on cost, staying in the league this season is worth over 10 times that. Wages have been reported as being £45,000 a week, we''re paying a donkey £40,000 to sit on his arse. Offload the donkey at a loss and go for it

Wages are £45k a week apparently for Charlie Austin, which if you can offload Ricky and a couple of other fringe players should be easily affordable within our structure.

On 606 they''re saying he''d be a good signing for us, and I''d rather risk that level of money on a proven Premier League striker than the other names we''re being touted with.

Perhaps not as much potential resale value as the other players though.

I''d so much prefer an British player, I think back to the Dean Ashton saga, buying him half a season to late. I think it''s a good gamble, if we went down we would sell him, he would be bought.

On another note watching this game, Rob Green has handled outside the box and the ref again has fcuked it up!

Some reasons we will not sign Austin.He is £15 millionHe wants a top 6 clubHe wants £85k per week which is a £17 million pound commitment over 4 yearsHe is happy to wait and go on a free for a big sign on bonus if the right offer does not come alongHe has not had many seasons on big wages so is looking for a nest eggHe has only had one decent season in the PL scoring 16 goals and 2 pens

Keeps coming back on a new thread ! But it''s a gamble worth taking to stay up IMO . Why do people think he wouldn''t want to come here ? Big fish in a smaller pond suits some ,, was mentioned on Talksh*te this evening in connection with coming here as opposed to Spurs or Everton , as yet , no bids apparently .

Does not fit into our style. Can he play alone upfront in a 4-5-1? Maybe, but not ideal.

We want a big forward, ala Jerome, Mbokani, etc. Not another Hooper-type of player, as he would need a partner upfront in a 4-4-2, and that leaves us too open. So no, forget Austin.

[quote user="grefstad"]Does not fit into our style. Can he play alone upfront in a 4-5-1? Maybe, but not ideal.

We want a big forward, ala Jerome, Mbokani, etc. Not another Hooper-type of player, as he would need a partner upfront in a 4-4-2, and that leaves us too open. So no, forget Austin.[/quote]Charlie Austin is actually taller than Jerome.

[quote user="grefstad"]Really? If so, my bad. I just dont see him as a physical imposing player. More a little nippy one.[/quote]Surprising isn''t it! He''s 6 foot 2.

[quote user="firststeps"]I''d so much prefer an British player, I think back to the Dean Ashton saga, buying him half a season to late. I think it''s a good gamble, if we went down we would sell him, he would be bought.

On another note watching this game, Rob Green has handled outside the box and the ref again has fcuked it up![/quote]What, like he''s being bought now?It''s not worth the gamble for us, not yet, need a few more years in the top flight before splashing that sort of cash. We could spend all that money on him, he has a bad season, we go down, we''ve got a player with us who is on £70k a week or whatever with no club wanting to sign him for that sort of money. That''s a serious threat to our clubs finances.

Werent QPR(stating they have had 2 bids so far) saying they value the guy the same as Benteke so that saying they want 32million.

He''ll go somewhere like Spurs/Southampton/Everton etc. Easily good enough to warrant them gambling on him.

Those that think he is worth the gamble for us - I would like to ask you why you think RVW hasn''t moved on yet? Would that be because he isn''t attracting any interest or do you think it''s because he does attract interest but few clubs are able to offer him what he is on at the moment?

That was rumoured to be why a loan move didn''t go through for him.

Offloading players isn''t as easy as it looks.

As for Austin, £15million is a big gamble when you consider it could buy us Mbokani and pay for his wages as well, or Mbokani and another player . . . . or two players of the likes of Brady.

Sure, you might say, but we do not need two Brady''s. No but we are hunting two further players.

Austin would represent a too big a gamble for us. All our eggs in one basket, one injury and we would be back to square one.

Vanwink wrote the following post at 15/08/2015 7:21 PM:

I recon Charlie Austin will be a City player by the end of the window.

Still on

[quote user="grefstad"]Really? If so, my bad. I just dont see him as a physical imposing player. More a little nippy one.[/quote]

Do you know who Charlie Austin is?

He''s a big, strong lad.

It''s not just about how tall he is. Elmander was tall and strong but didn''t play that way. You''ve got to have the strength and desire to go up against Prem CBs in a physical battle like Jerome or Holt. Charlie Austin ?