Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

You are paying for Wet Sham and their lil' stadium days out...

...so sign this if you want it looked into.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106355

I''ve not got beef with the spammers but this seem very unfair that the "people" should pay for their ground/upkeep/policing/etc.

Very similar to what goes on in the states, I believe.

I was watching John Olivers US Show (English comedian who''s been in the states a while, used to be on Mock the Week way back when) and he was talking about how basically all American football stadiums are built with that states tax payers money. and if they get refused a new stadium they just threaten to up and leave and move to LA (can you just imagine the outrage if Norwich just moved to wales for something similar??)

Similar to Man City yes, but on far far far more favourable terms.

Man City paid £20m conversion costs (On a stadium that cost £110m) West Ham are only paying £15m on a £700m+ stadium.

Eastlands was funded mostly by lottery grants (£77m £33m council) so actually the taxpayer got most of their money back straight away. West Ham aren''t even going to get close to a fraction of that.

Man City''s rent is around £4m a year, West Ham''s is around half that, with no deal tied in with commercial sponsorship.

And finally, since Man City have been taken over, the new owners have spent literally billions transforming an area of Manchester that was previously dilapidated.

Bearing in mind the original Many City deal was struck nearly 15 years ago and not in London, West Ham''s deal compared to Eastlands is an absolute steal, and can in no way represent good value to the taxpayer, and that is one of the fundamental arguments over this move.

Whilst on the face of it, it does look unfair, but it is a buyers market if you like. I mean what else can you do with the stadium - get Spurs interested, potentially a rugby club, but that''s about it.