Sign in to follow this  
Newton

McNally Go orStay

Newton, I answered your question and a question posed by another poster...what''s wrong with that? [;)]

Apples

Why do posters continue to feed this idiot (newton) with responses - ignore him, let the site grind to a halt because no-one bar Waveney and Newton are posting then Archant MIGHT get round to banning them. The more replies they get the longer they will survive.

Come to think of it I ''ve fed them again.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Nowhere-Men-Michael-Calvin/dp/1780891075

Above is worth a read. It surprised me.

Most clubs don''t hire scouts on huge or even reasonable salaries or make the roles full time. They might have a Chief Scout, or, as we have, a Head of Recruitment or whatever it is, but most of the reports they get in on players will be from people, usually ex-players/managers or coaches who are asked to go to games or scout specific players on an ad-hoc basis, sometimes just for expenses and a little pocket money.

To suggest we have, or should even have, a network of fully employed scouts attending games and on a salary/contract to work exclusively for the club might be a bit ambitious. In the past we''ve had people like Alan Durban, Asa Hartford and Henning Berg do scouting work for us, likewise Stuat McCall for a while, but all on these ad-hoc cases or players and all whilst they still might have been doing other work or scouting for other clubs.

Should we, or any club, make such roles full time and give 6,8, maybe 10 or more individuals a full time, salaried brief to spend all of their time watching games and sending reports? Probably not-not cost effective or time effective. We''ll have, like so many other clubs, names that will do a few games for us, but nothing more. Neil Adams will certainly combine his new role with some scouting.

Re: McNally Go orStay

Why do posters continue to feed this idiot (newton) with responses - ignore him, let the site grind to a halt because no-one bar Waveney and Newton are posting then Archant MIGHT get round to banning them. The more replies they get the longer they will survive.

Come to think of it I ''ve fed them again.

So lets see what your saying TDS - you want Archant to ban everyone who does not agree with you and your Trolly mates - waste of time having a board if it just a slap on the back boys club ?

What do you think - but then I have read your posts, you often don''t have an opinion of your own - do you ?

trawler canary wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 3:40 PM:

My main criticism of McNally would be taking a sizeable bonus when we got relegated stick irks me to this day

TC his bonus is set by the Board (he is employed by Norwich - full time job) and is mainly financially linked - he achieved his targets and was paid accordingly

If you are not happy you need to look to the Board not McNally who after all is just an employee

Fr. Chewy Louie wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 12:19 PM:

We did get promoted last season didn''t we? and we''ve spent 4 out of 5 seasons in the premier league, competing with teams awash with money? I didn''t dream it?

Interesting point Chewy, with four of our last five seasons being in the Prem why do you think players allegedly don''t want to come here? Do you think that maybe that statement is a little misleading?

Which statement - 4 out of 5 seasons in the PL (including current)? That''s just a fact, surely?

Why players don''t want to come here is presumably because we''re a relatively unfashionable club, with no great international reputation, and seen as a likely relegation candidate. And we haven''t got enough money to chuck at players to compensate for that.

Fr. Chewy Louie wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 4:48 PM:

Which statement - 4 out of 5 seasons in the PL (including current)? That''s just a fact, surely?

Why players don''t want to come here is presumably because we''re a relatively unfashionable club, with no great international reputation, and seen as a likely relegation candidate. And we haven''t got enough money to chuck at players to compensate for that.

CL not quite true

Established internationals yes but others it gives them a chance to establish themselves in the Prem

If we go down and they are good enough - they will get a better deal elsewhere

Very funny slappy, up and about for the evening with your Trolly mates - had you tea yet ?

No view, no opinion on anything, only silly comments

TEHEHE - very good keep it up

Why the rude comments - but then I know don''t I

You are a TROLL

Well every player has different circumstances and priorities, and I guess the ones we''re interested in haven''t felt that the package we can offer matches their needs. Who knows from outside what those decisions are based on.

Stay and it''s not even close

He''s a Norwich legend, and if he''s put your nose out of joint for whatever reason then all I can say is Man Up basically...

I think him, and the board collectively, have done a great job over the past five years!

Didnt even read the first three pages of this thread, Molly is 100% right. McNally may not be right 100% of the time but look where we are since he arrived.