Sign in to follow this  
Newton

McNally Go orStay

Do you remember the Gunn era and 7-1 home defeat to Colchester - that''s where we would be very quickly if we got rid of McNally and put D & M back in charge (they would get the lucky dice out again)

The problems we have at the moment is that we don''t appear to have a proper scouting network (surprise surprise) and surely, not everyone can be turning us down because we are little old Norwich.

The scouting network would also recommend prices and there you go - a shambles (otherwise they would just say buy Hazard)

I suspect in a lot of cases we are not offering the going rate (Brady prime example - we looked stupid)

Of course Neil will not moan about the club and the board - he will always remain positive he is the Manager (Lambert remained positive till he walked one day) - we will know when Neil has had enough, he will be gone of his own choice

Mc Nally may well negotiate with the player re wages, agent fees and how the transfer fee is paid with the parent club etc, but to blame him for everything is very silly. He does not scout the players or suggest a value. The scouts / player recruitment will know how much we have to spend and recommend accordingly

McNally - STAY

We did get promoted last season didn''t we? and we''ve spent 4 out of 5 seasons in the premier league, competing with teams awash with money? I didn''t dream it?

What a ridiculous post..

If a scout working for Norwich came back to club recommending Eden Hazard i''m sure he wouldn''t be working for the club for much longer.

A scout doesn''t decide the value of players either. A scout would reccomend a potential signing, if the club decided they wanted that player then Mcnally would enter negotiations with his club.

Regarding the Brady situation we didn''t look stupid at all. We wanted Brady, Hull said he wasn''t for sale. We made a bid, Bruce decided to air his dirty laundry in public.

Neogations in football are completely normal.

Norwich City''s Scouting network is extensive, as a former member of the academy scouting team if thats anything to go by then the network is indeed far and wide for the senior set up.

Wow, this OP reminds me of my ex-wife - her greatest skill was the same as here - to be very undermining without the recipient realising this.

When she moved to Ipswich it became clear she was a Binner... the same as here.

Al Harrington wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 12:19 PM:

S c u m c u n t.

When do the Junior Schools go back ?

Fr. Chewy Louie wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 12:19 PM:

We did get promoted last season didn''t we? and we''ve spent 4 out of 5 seasons in the premier league, competing with teams awash with money? I didn''t dream it

CL part right - only managed to stay up 2 seasons, other 2 relegated

1st one we only had a tiny transfer budget, 2nd one Hoots went over board & signed wolf , Elmander etc after getting rid of Holt & Jacko

[quote user="Newton"]Do you remember the Gunn era and 7-1 home defeat to Colchester - that''s where we would be very quickly if we got rid of McNally and put D & M back in charge (they would get the lucky dice out again) The problems we have at the moment is that we don''t appear to have a proper scouting network (surprise surprise) and surely, not everyone can be turning us down because we are little old Norwich. The scouting network would also recommend prices and there you go - a shambles (otherwise they would just say buy Hazard) I suspect in a lot of cases we are not offering the going rate (Brady prime example - we looked stupid) Of course Neil will not moan about the club and the board - he will always remain positive he is the Manager (Lambert remained positive till he walked one day) - we will know when Neil has had enough, he will be gone of his own choice Mc Nally may well negotiate with the player re wages, agent fees and how the transfer fee is paid with the parent club etc, but to blame him for everything is very silly. He does not scout the players or suggest a value. The scouts / player recruitment will know how much we have to spend and recommend accordingly McNally - STAY[/quote]

Yeah we looked really stupid, Hull originally saying they wanted 15m for him and we got him for 7m.

Talk about egg on our faces...

coachkemp wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 12:39 PM:

Norwich City''s Scouting network is extensive, as a former member of the academy scouting team if thats anything to go by then the network is indeed far and wide for the senior set up

CoachKemp as you know so much about it, we are we signing no one but being linked to everyone. We even have the manager saying players are coming ?

No other club is the Prem is operating on the same basis as us - but we have an extensive scouting network - Oh Yea

Please expand - we are all keen to know what is going on

Molly Windley wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 12:53 PM:

Newton - Go or Stay?

Go

You want me to go and leave this Board to you and your Trolly mates to post mindless dribble - no chance

ellis206 wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 12:59 PM:

Yeah we looked really stupid, Hull originally saying they wanted 15m for him and we got him for 7m.

Talk about egg on our faces...

Ellis you clearly don''t keep up with developments

All along Bruce said £7M, in the end after we had made half a dozen bids of between £2-£5M he said £15M to highlight how stupid we were

We apparently paid the original asking price (according to all reports)

Trevor Hockey''s Beard wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 12:47 PM:

Wow, this OP reminds me of my ex-wife - her greatest skill was the same as here - to be very undermining without the recipient realising this.

When she moved to Ipswich it became clear she was a Binner... the same as here

TH another half whit post, no view or comment like most of the Trolls, just call everyone you don''t like a Binner

2 Suggestions for you :-

Look in the mirror you will see the biggest binner going

Sad your wife moved to Ipswich but at least she managed to escape from a Tw@t like you - well done girl

[quote user="Newton"]coachkemp wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 12:39 PM:

Norwich City''s Scouting network is extensive, as a former member of the academy scouting team if thats anything to go by then the network is indeed far and wide for the senior set up

CoachKemp as you know so much about it, we are we signing no one but being linked to everyone. We even have the manager saying players are coming ?

No other club is the Prem is operating on the same basis as us - but we have an extensive scouting network - Oh Yea

Please expand - we are all keen to know what is going on[/quote]As i said, I was involved with youth level so can only speak about that however norwich actively looked at players from every National european youth team e.g Belgium u15..and most club sides in europe up to u21 as well so our finger is on the pulse regarding young players and as you can see we travel extensively to view players and find talent. My assumption and I think its a fair assumption is that we will be doing at least the same level of scouting aT senior level so thats most of europe covered. AN also has been doing his Pro Licence and as part of that spent time at the u21 European championships. There will also be networking contacts from that and other courses that he has done as well including the use of agencies that act as scouts for clubs and push players in their direction ( for a fee of course). If players don''t come here it will potentially be due to wage or personal issues probably but we are certainly looking in the right areas.

CoachKemp - thanks for this insight - sorry if I doubted you but, most of the posters on this board just attack anyone who questions what''s happening at the club

Do you think the players we are trying to attract are too expense (fee wise) or we wont pay the wages ?

If we really want these championship players we are now linked with - why didn''t we go in for them in early July ?

We do seem to be stuck in a merry go round at the moment ?

Lewis Esquire wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 1:13 PM:

It''s post like this make me realise i''m not the stupidest on here

Lewis don''t ever think that, I can provide you with a list of at least 15 posters who are much more stupid than you or me ?

[quote user="Newton"]Do you remember the Gunn era and 7-1 home defeat to Colchester - that''s where we would be very quickly if we got rid of McNally and put D & M back in charge (they would get the lucky dice out again)

The problems we have at the moment is that we don''t appear to have a proper scouting network (surprise surprise) and surely, not everyone can be turning us down because we are little old Norwich.

The scouting network would also recommend prices and there you go - a shambles (otherwise they would just say buy Hazard)

I suspect in a lot of cases we are not offering the going rate (Brady prime example - we looked stupid)

Of course Neil will not moan about the club and the board - he will always remain positive he is the Manager (Lambert remained positive till he walked one day) - we will know when Neil has had enough, he will be gone of his own choice

Mc Nally may well negotiate with the player re wages, agent fees and how the transfer fee is paid with the parent club etc, but to blame him for everything is very silly. He does not scout the players or suggest a value. The scouts / player recruitment will know how much we have to spend and recommend accordingly

McNally - STAY[/quote]

Absolutely STAY - can''t believe you bothered to question how important he is to NCFC - don''t you remember how sh*t it was in the Doomcaster days?

Three promotions. Four seasons in the premiership. A day at Wembley. Cleared debt. One of the best managers we''ve ever had. Potentially another one at the moment. All since McNally arrived.

I think his successes far outweigh his failures.

So in a nutshell Newton and Waveney can fuck right off with their trolling.

[quote user="Newton"]CoachKemp - thanks for this insight - sorry if I doubted you but, most of the posters on this board just attack anyone who questions what''s happening at the club

Do you think the players we are trying to attract are too expense (fee wise) or we wont pay the wages ?

If we really want these championship players we are now linked with - why didn''t we go in for them in early July ?

We do seem to be stuck in a merry go round at the moment ?[/quote]I think it is a case of the club chancing their arm and going for the higher profile players to get further down the line and discover that the fee/wage was either too high or the player in question was waiting for other offers. The players we are linked with atm I think were always in our minds as good options but kept on the backburner whilst we tried to reel in a big fish so to speak. The players in the championship and lower leagues here and abroad would always be more achieveable but maybe not quite as high a standard so with time in the window it was worth us attempting to sign the harder to nail down deals with the more achieveable option in our back pocket. Doesn''t make them 2nd choice options just means we are trying to be ambitious.

I thought for a moment we were going to see a positive post from Newton but alas it was just more club bashing masked with a thin veil of positivity.

I would how ever like to point out that our ''poor scouting network'' has brought in some fantastic players at bargain prices over the last 6/7 years. Here''s a couple of examples just in case you hadn''t noticed whilst you have been so upset that the club is so awful. All players that have contributed to put us in the position we are now.

Russell Martin- Peterborough reserves- price around 100k

John Ruddy- Everton reserves- price around 500k

Wes Hoolahan- Blackpool- around 500k

Alex Tettey- Rennes- 1.5m

Leroy Fer- Twente - 4.5m and sold for around double that

Robert Snodgrass- Leeds 3.5m sold for double that

Bradley Johnson- Leeds- Free

Johnny Howson- Leeds- 2m

Cameron Jerome- Stoke- 1.5m

David Fox- Colchester Reserves- 50k

Nathan Redmond- Birmingham - 3.2m

Andrew Surman- Wolves- 500k

Anthony Pilkington- Huddersfield 2.5m

Elliot Bennett - Brighton 1.5m

Andrew Crofts- Brighton- 500k

Murphy twins- youths- free, added these two as they could very well be a bit special one day and we would have had to scout them.

Not forgetting Grant fucking Holt- Shrewsbury- 500k- 3 POTS, 2 Promotions, 1 incredible mustachioed hat trick and a shed load of goals.

Or did our scouts not spot these players? Oh of course it was McNally who knew them all wasn''t it...

Just for the record McNally stay.

Herman wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 1:20 PM:

Three promotions. Four seasons in the premiership. A day at Wembley. Cleared debt. One of the best managers we''ve ever had. Potentially another one at the moment. All since McNally arrived.

I think his successes far outweigh his failures.

So in a nutshell Newton and Waveney can *** right off with their trolling

Herman at last some common sense from you - waited long enough - I agree with you - there is no way we should get rid of McNally (read my original post)

But many on this board do want him out, but they do not suggest what the alternative is ?

Mr Apples wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 1:26 PM:

McNally stay, Newton go.

Apples

Molly Windley wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 12:53 PM:

Newton - Go or Stay?

Go

You want me to go and leave this Board to you and your Trolly mates to post mindless dribble - no chance

Apples one of your Trolly mates has already done this - please see above