Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Yellow

Time for honesty

Few would deny that our squad needs strengthening if we are to sustain a PL challenge over a long season. This much has been obvious since we were relegated last year. Our failure to add quality and numbers this summer is extraordinary. Will the club please explain why - with 10 days to go before the transfer window closes - we have failed to close some of the deals we have apparently been negotiating. Of all the ludicrous excuses put forward for top players apparently not wanting to come here is that Norwich is not a groovy enough place for a young multi-millionaire footballer to relocate to! Has anyone that believes this to be relevant ever been to Swansea, Stoke-on-Trent, Sunderland etc etc?

You haven''t been keeping up then have you. There was an AN interview which stated the reasons for why we haven''t bought in as many players as we would have liked to.

End of Thread.

Herman wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 1:09 PM:

So we got to Thursday before all the fuckheads crawled out of their holes.

Vermin - Trolls taking a late lunch ?

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 1:01 PM:

You haven''t been keeping up then have you. There was an AN interview which stated the reasons for why we haven''t bought in as many players as we would have liked to.

End of Thread.

Piggins read that = he said players fault and club fantastic -

He employed by the club - not going to attack Board in the national press is he

Oh hadn''t you thought about that ?

Back in your Trolly Hole

Alex Neil said after the play off final we didn''t need numbers just a little extra quality/ options. He stated 5/6 signings was his wish. He is one signing away from achieving that wish and we can all see the club is working hard for that with the number of rumoured bids for a striker. He has also signed his no 1 target which was clearly Brady. If we sign that extra striker I think the Manager will be happy with his business and we will end the transfer window with an impressive squad with good choices and options all over the pitch.

I''m sure they''d happily explain to you, if you asked them. They are hardly going to read it on here. We aren''t big enough and can''t afford to compete. There''s my honest opinion

Where have you come from Dead Canary? Very unusually you put your points in a reasoned and persuasive way and on top of that I find I agree with virtually everything you say :-)

We need to calm down a little concerning this transfer window. We have been playing some good confident stuff for several months under a tactically astute manager who is able to motivate and improve the team.

On top of that I''m sure I''m not the only one who feels that with a better manager this team would never have been relegated two years ago. The nucleus of that team is still here. The additions we have made, particularly Mulumbu and Brady, are likely to be regular starters in exactly the positions we needed to strengthen. A striker to complement what we have would largely complete a decent squad - certainly one that a club with our level of resources should be pleased with.

Thanks Hairy, I have been a long time lurker on here and the infighting that used to go on prevented me from posting, that seems to have calmed a lot recently. So thought it was time to get involved as the board always needs more posters to fight the cause of reason and perspective.

What worries me is that the clubs towards the bottom of the Prem (excluding Sunderland, who could do better under a new manager, and the promoted sides) seem to me to be stronger. Eg look at Villa or Leicester. I think it could be tougher to survive than the year we went down. I think a new striker is vital to give us depth there and really I''d like a quality CB to feel relaxed.

Would you rather be in our position, adding 3 proven and 1 up and coming, with some prem experience players which undoubtedly add quality to our team, or in the position of Watford, who have come out today and said they are looking for another player.. their 13th!!!

We may lack a striker, but I would rather the board search hard, and work hard to find the right person than panic buy and/or bring in has beens or risks like Watford have.

I agree but you need 3 clubs to finish below you. Watford are taking a massive risk but most people would''ve said their squad at the end of last season was just too weak for the Prem, so you can see why they''re giving it a go.

I think we''re better than Watford and Bournemouth but either of them could have a good first season in the Prem, it does happen.

If you look at the teams from the lower end of the Prem in recent years who are still in the division, then aside from Sunderland they''re looking better right now - Villa, Palace, Stoke, West Brom, and how about Leicester - not sure about Newcastle.

So while I''m happy with our squad generally, I can see this being a really difficult year to survive in the Prem. Personally I think at least one surprisingly "big" team will be for the drop. I just want it not to be City !

We are not strong enough to stay up with the current squad.

There is not enough depth of quality in key positions and with a couple of unfortunate injuries we will be really struggling.

VW - I agree we are missing a trick here

We look stronger than half a dozen teams in this league - but our squad is thin on quality in a couple of areas

Neil knows this and clearly wants recruits - but its not happening

Those who say its all fine - can they suggest what will happen in Redmond & Jerone are injured - who will take there place ?

[quote user="Vanwink"]We are not strong enough to stay up with the current squad.

There is not enough depth of quality in key positions and with a couple of unfortunate injuries we will be really struggling.[/quote]An occasional "Imo"  would be nice.

Just because we are in the prem, we don''t have players handed to us on a plate. It''s not as easy job as the pondlife on here think it is.

People point at Watford or whoever else. We can go and sign some foreigner from the lower half of the Turkish league quite easily. Doesn''t mean it''ll improve the squad. Definitely doesn''t mean they''ll fit in with Alex Neil fundamental squad beliefs.

AN is fussy who he brings in,he won''t simply chuck money around on players who are no better than what we have and if players who are targeted turn out to be not what he''s after then good riddance.It''s worth remembering we paid 8 million for Ricky,5 for Hooper and 3 for Grabban and yet Jerome is our number one striker who only cost 2 million.