Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

NCFC fans on twitter ref Grabban

Just seen some horrendous comments on twitter sent to Lewis Grabban by so called Norwich supporters, should be ashamed of themselves slagging of a player, Hate is a strong emotion, and god i''m starting to hate twitter now (only use it for football updates)what players have to put up with these days (some like Joey Barton welcome public slanging matches and enjoy twitter).

Players can get in hot water with the club, so maybe fans should be banned from matches if attacking players on social media, views??

Twitter really does bring out the worst in some people, like the racist stuff about James Vaughan when he joined. Hopefully Grabbs is smart enough to ignore a few idiots.

Depends on the content of the "attack" really.

If it''s against the law ie. racial or homophobic they would be banned anyway.

If it''s just people telling Grabban he''s shit, deserved or not it isn''t really a crime.

Lewis is a big boy and probably had plenty of abuse before. Not many footballers without thick skins make it professionally.

Obviously the abuse is stupid and Grabban was a key player last season and AN''s first choice for a long while. Personally I find people who tweet any footballers, with praise or abuse; a bit odd and attention seeking. The whole ''retweet for my birthday'' thing is massively cringeworthy. Especially when you see people over the age of 12 doing it.

Totally agree Beth. I''m an old man now and did tip my toe in the twitter water. It didn''t take me long to realise what a ''crash case'' it is.

If this reflects society today we are, as someone once said on this board, all doooomed!!

No idea what has been said Lessingham, but I suspect players that hold twitter accounts are well prepared for the cr@p they might receive.

It''s the way of the world unfortunately, if they are affected by it then get off twitter.

The prem brings the inner knobhead out in some fans it really does.

[quote user="trawler canary"]Twitter is al great source of fun information and entertainment you just need to follow the right people![/quote]

You don`t follow Grabban then, just read his last years output on Twitter and there is nothing remotely informative or fun on there.His spelling is mildly entertaining but hardly worth following him for.