Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Andre Gray

I''ll put it out there, why all the speculation of Griffiths, Jelavic etc when for me Andre Gray would be perfect for what we need.

Every time I have seen him play he has impressed.

We know how much they want, let''s stop messing around and just go and get him.

Speak as you find and when we have played against him he has been a handful we could do a lot worse than some of the dross being linked. As for his fee we know championship players who are any good are in the £8 to £12m zone. If Bristol City can come up with a £9m bid i would be bemused if we could not given that we have spent very little yet

Wouldn''t be a terrible signing. Cost is high but I guess his wages wouldn''t be as big a problem as Austin.

he is better than RVW and Hooper ,...... Why because he is on a upward curve and has confidence and can improve ,

the two we have are going downhill and i really can not see playing at a standard of the premiership again

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Good player, has bags of pace and can finish well (see FCR a couple of weeks ago) but does also miss a fair few a la our very own Grabban.[/quote]

In which case, is there any point? Perhaps that''s why we haven''t been linked with him. Mbokani and Afobe were the 2 players I was most excited about, but if they''re not happening and there''s no one else like them then maybe we will sack it off after all and stick with what we have.. I don''t think that''s what we''ll do though personally

I just hope we don''t make a Becchioesque signing i.e. swap Hooper for Griffiths.

What about Shane Long? Rodriguez is back and they already have Pelle so I imagine Long will become 3rd choice. He would be a cracking player and can do the lone role well

Could he "cut it" at Prem level?

In any case didn''t I see £9m mentioned for a transfer, or have I got the wrong Gray?

He would certainly not be worth that price.