Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

No one else will come in

I can''t now see anyone else coming in.

The board has choked and now its going to be a panic buy in January when its too late, like Ashton.

Just my gut feeling, hope i''m wrong.

BBC Sports saying Southampton in talks with Celtic over VVD. Makes you wonder who we were after, if any.

I''m amazed we have added so little to a squad that is still in effect the same squad that was relegated.

Time yet but is it same again City. SO much talk, so little action!

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Can I bet you £2000 on it? or if you''re not feeling as lucky just a tenner?[/quote]

Tempted by a tenner. I do hope I''m wrong.

[quote user="dibbler"][quote user="mrs miggins"]Can I bet you £2000 on it? or if you''re not feeling as lucky just a tenner?[/quote]

Tempted by a tenner. I do hope I''m wrong.[/quote]
I doubt that, what would you whinge about otherwise?

[quote user="dibbler"]Well Miggins, I will give you a tenner at the

Bournemouth game if we don''t. You likewise.[/quote]
Can I have some of that action?
#easymoney

I remember the day when under Paul Lambert we bought early we bought cheaply we bought wisely we bought successfully.

The shine of the new messiah is fast fading.

God how we wouldn''t all long for a return to those glory days

On the basis AN has left both Murphs out of the squad, this leaves us short of wingers, I suspect we may be looking for a striker first and foremost, then a winger and then possibly a CB, but given our budget is limited, the striker position may be the only one to be considered a starter, the other two would probably be cover/options.

I suspect that we will only see new signings if we can ship out high earners like Wolf, Lafferty, Voo, Turner etc

Remember we have a stated aim to remain debt free and McNally will not only be looking at wages for this season but what happens if we go down

The problem appears to be no one wants them

[quote user="Ray"]On the basis AN has left both Murphs out of the squad, this leaves us short of wingers, I suspect we may be looking for a striker first and foremost, then a winger and then possibly a CB, but given our budget is limited, the striker position may be the only one to be considered a starter, the other two would probably be cover/options.[/quote]

They are both under 25 so not required to be part of the ''squad'' - they will play some part this year, probably in the cup. If we bring other players in then expect more youngster to go out on loan before the window closes. They need to be playing regular football to aid development ideally.

AJ,

I assume yo mean U21, but that aside neither were given squad numbers, which when you consider Josh was assigned a squad number last season and played a few times, probably in itself tells a story.

Whilst undoubtedly they are both players with bundles of potential, from what I have seen they haven''t come on that much in the last 18 months or so and being promoted probably didn''t do them any favours in terms of making 1st team appearances for NCFC either. I''m guessing that they are not part of AN''s plans for this season and as you say, will go out on loan to aid their development, as no doubt will some of our other youngsters, which let''s hope bodes well for the future.

Somebody will come no doubt , the trouble is it will probably be Crystal Palaces 4th or 5th choice striker . Has there ever been a Premiership club with less pulling power than City .

Well, over a week passes and are so called best shots at signing someone has fizzled out, what a surprise.It seams that the offers being made are only half-hearted attempts just to appease the fans.Still hoping to be proved wrong.

Lessingham Canary"Dibbler, to give you some hope I will happily wager £50 with you ? whoever has to pay can donate it to Nutty''s pups?

Just be happy to prove me wrong, then we are both happy.

Lessingham Canary" Dibbler, to give you some hope I will happily wager £50 with you ? whoever has to pay can donate it to Nutty''s pups?

Dibbler. "Just be happy to prove me wrong, then we are both happy."

Sounds like Dibbler is digging a little hole for himself.