Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Gary Hooper for Leigh Griffiths?

Don''t know enough about Griffiths to be confident in him at this level but from what little I''ve seen he looks like a player who will run in behind the defence more than Hooper. We know Alex Neil likes that in a striker, you''ve only got to look at his faith in Grabban to see that.

Hooper is clearly a very good finisher and its a shame that he''s never going to get regular games for us; the issue with Hooper is that he needs someone up front with him - not many teams can tactically afford to play two up front. Hooper also won''t constantly put defenders under pressure when they have the ball, it''s not his game.

I''d prefer others we''ve been linked with to be honest but will obviously support him if we do sign him

[quote user="Cobain18"]Don''t know enough about Griffiths to be confident in him at this level but from what little I''ve seen he looks like a player who will run in behind the defence more than Hooper. We know Alex Neil likes that in a striker, you''ve only got to look at his faith in Grabban to see that.

Hooper is clearly a very good finisher and its a shame that he''s never going to get regular games for us; the issue with Hooper is that he needs someone up front with him - not many teams can tactically afford to play two up front. Hooper also won''t constantly put defenders under pressure when they have the ball, it''s not his game.

I''d prefer others we''ve been linked with to be honest but will obviously support him if we do sign him[/quote]

Spot on about AN liking strikers that run in behind the defenders and also chase down from the front. He''s already stated that he sees Hooper as a player who drops deep and links play, which means he is more of a second striker and competing with Hoolahan if anything. I think Mbokani would have been ideal or someone in that mould

I don''t think either can play as a lone striker so neither for me.

Only useful if playing with two strikers which will be very rare.

As a lone striker I would prefer Laffety who has never been tried in that role for Norwich.