Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Gary Hooper for Leigh Griffiths?

Would be a great deal in my opinion.
Pack the chubmeister back off north of the border where he can terrorise Scottish defences and the local takeaways, and bring in a young Scottish striker with a highly impressive goalscoring record at all levels of the game.
Playing in a Champs League qualifier tonight and not looking outclassed at all, has scored and is hungry for more.  Reasonably mobile, strong and thin-haired, he could be our Wayne Rooney.
Thoughts?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Would be a great deal in my opinion.
Pack the chubmeister back off north of the border where he can terrorise Scottish defences and the local takeaways, and bring in a young Scottish striker with a highly impressive goalscoring record at all levels of the game.
Playing in a Champs League qualifier tonight and not looking outclassed at all, has scored and is hungry for more.  Reasonably mobile, strong and thin-haired, he could be our Wayne Rooney.
Thoughts?
[/quote]I thought from the thread title that you meant Hooper fancied Griffiths and had been carving their names into his desk.What''s with all this flagrant Hooper-bashing, anyway? Has jaemae left you in charge while he''s on holiday?

No, Jaemae hasn''t left me in charge while he''s fondling his mother.
I''m just looking at possible deals to improve our striking options.
We know Hooper would be welcomed with open arms (and deep-fried Mars Bars) back at Celtic, while we have no role for him here at City as he doesn''t have the all-round game to lead the line, no matter how many 25-yarders* he scores.
Meanwhile Leigh Griffiths is impressing tonight and his general scoring record is good.  Alex Neil clearly values Scottish players, and this lad looks to be a decent striker with that predatory instinct we lack at times.  He is also playing in the lone striker role.
What''s not to consider?
* 1 per season

I''ve got to say why the hell are we looking for a striker when someone like Hooper can''t get a game. How many teams would love to have him in their teams ?

Personally I think Hooper has a role here, like he did last season. When we''re behind, he''s the perfect striker to put on. The striker we need to get in imo is someone who can finish like Hooper but can play on his own up front (physical presence with a bit of pace as well) to be able to play regularly ahead of Jerome who has never really scored enough in this league (apart from one season I think) though I must say that it is very possible Jerome has turned a corner in his career.

I''m judging him from two weak set-piece goals Celtic conceded.
I''m also willing to bet I''m judging him on one game more than most Norwich fans have seen him play.
Back on your high horse if you wish.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]He''s shit !!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
Assuming you mean Griffiths, I''ll bite.
Record:
YearsTeamApps†(Gls)†
2006–2009Livingston47(22)
2009–2011Dundee47(21)
2011–2014Wolverhampton Wanderers26(12)
2011–2013→ Hibernian (loan)66(31)
2014–Celtic41(24)
Goals at every level and roughly 1 every 2 games.

Wow 4 sides in Scotland (Not all Scottish prem either) and wolves when they were in league one.

Why not adam Rooney, Greg Stewart, John Sutton.

At all levels of the game ???????

7 goals in 19 games in European comps for Hooper.

31 championship goals for hooper. Griffiths hasn''t even played at championship level.

Leigh Griffiths is an absolute pillock with many past controversies, and I wouldn''t want the man anywhere near Norwich City Football Club. He comes across as a pretty awful human being.And anyway, bearing in mind that he failed in League One with Wolves, and Hooper''s record at Celtic is actually quite considerably better than Griffiths'', there is no way this should be ever be realistically considered.

OP must be on drugs

If we cant get another stiker in the mould of Jerome, then AN needs to find a style of play to make the best use of what we got.  Thats what a good manager would do.

I dont want to hear excuses of we couldnt sign the striker we wanted.  He''s got a clutch of decent strikers here and in the right system and given the service Hoops WILL score goals in the prem.  I am sure with the amount of midfield talent we have the right system could be found to make it work.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]I''ve got to say why the hell are we looking for a striker when someone like Hooper can''t get a game. How many teams would love to have him in their teams ?[/quote]

It''s pretty clear not many want him (well those that are above Conference North/South or below) and that''s why he''s still here.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]It''s pretty clear that we want to keep him unless we get a very good offer for him.[/quote]

This is also a valid way to look at it : D

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Panic over, thought it was a serious sports journalist with insider knowledge, but no its John Cross, it is and never was going to happen.

[/quote] I hope you''re right