Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Nikita Jelavic

Apparently AN is looking at him after being knocked back by Destro. Decent at Everton but I will be somewhat disappointed by this one if it goes ahead. Too injury prone for me

Would be gutted if we sign Jelavic can''t see him improving our current strikers, would love Afobe tho and this would seriously pi$$ the wolves fans off 👍

Afobe would be a much better option. Got 10 years of playing time and value. He''s a top young English striker and would definitely be worth an investment.

I''d sign both Gayle and Afobe for investments and for them to make impacts on games with their pace and direct nature.

I''d also like to keep Lafferty for this season to make a physical impact in some games or if Jerome gets injured.

Grabban, Hooper and RVS aren''t premiership class in my opinion.

Whilst I wouldnt be dancing in the street at his signing, if we''re playing a lone striker and Jerome has ran himself into the ground for 75 mins, he would be a better option to bring off the bench to carry on that role than Grabban,Hooper or RVW?

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Player on the decline, does not score enough and has a very poor assist record too.If we cant do better than this then go with what we have.[/quote]

Would agree with that.    In the four strikers we have already, we have pace (Grabban), power (Jerome), poacher (Hooper) and potential (RVW).  A good mix.   With the midfield well capable of scoring goals, we have quite a good set up already and only a really expensive signing could make a difference imo.    That would mean spending £10m plus and I don''t think we will do that......but you never know...

Seems to have resurfaced... He seems decent but a bit over the hill. Dunno if I''d be confident we would score enough with him on his own but could be a good option vs the big boys when we need an outlet and someone to sneak an important goal.

My view on our strikers is that Jerome is first choice, Grabban is more mobile but a bit lightweight and hasn''t yet shown he can be effective at PL level, Hooper is a poacher and likely to feature as a substitute when we need a goal, RVW is still with us only because we can''t offload him and I would be surprised if he gets back into the team.

So we need a backup (or better) for Jerome - if he had an injury that would keep him out for months, I''d be very worried.. Potentially that could be Jelavic - not an exciting signing and he''d really be a squad player, but it''s the area where we need cover most of all IMO. The window hasn''t got that long to go and we''ve not been able to sign any of our striker targets. So it would be underwhelming but better than nothing - and if we don''t sign a striker in the window I would be worried.

Not for me, thanks. He scored one or two very good goals when he first arrived, but since then his record has been disappointing, perhaps through injury.

May as well save the money and keep Lafferty on the bench if we''re thinking of signing Jelavic. Sign someone with real quality and/or potential, or go with what we have.

I wonder the amount Hull is going to ask for him, with the cost of players at the moment, but if he does fit into what Norwich are prepared to pay i can see this happening as we will not break the bank for a striker, it seems our only saving grace maybe that if we keep offering paltry amounts of money and the way we have negotiated with Hull previously then we may not have time to sign him.

Whilst i would be totally underwhelmed if we got him i have looked at his EPL statistics 29 goals in 101 games for Everton and Hull. That averages about 10 a season and at 6ft 2ins he could be regarded as a target man and work horse. I suppose Jeromes EPL stas are pretty simular. Having talked about the Jelovic stats it also has to be said a higher ratio of his goals came in his early days at Everton. He is 29 so there would be little or no resale value and his wages supposed to be about £55 000 a week are head and shoulders above anyone else at our club. If he took a significant wage cut and cost about £3m then worth thinking about as a squad player but thats all

You are all aware of how much disgust I have for for garbage players like Hooper. Surprisingly I hold much more ire for a Jelavic and it isn''t close. Guy is beyond useless and has always been arguably one of the worst PL strikers in history. He''s slow, can''t finish and for a big guy can''t head the ball for s----. He''s a human turnover and puts ZERO effort in the game. He wasn''t even good at Everton and after about 10 games he was clearly figured out and was beyond garbage the rest of his years in the PL. This would be a disaster and ridiculously ridiculously awful if Neil/the board are stupid enough to consider bringing Nikica Jelavic around That said, he''s likely score more PL goals than Hooper, but that''s not a feat. I''m unfamiliar with this "Nikita" Jelavic though.

[quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"]I don''t fancy him either, but it would be quite amusing to see him and Hooper in the same team, just for your reaction.[/quote]

I don''t know what I''d do with myself! I fly into hyperbole in regards to Hooper, whereas stated,the disgust I have in watching Jelavic is unmatched. I can understand the appreciation people have for Hooper at a certain level (and take issue when anything above that level the same is assumed can happen) than I can of Jelavic at any.

I imagine Hull are desperate to unload this guy, and i really hope we don''t oblige them. Its unlikely we''d be signing him as squad filler as we already have enough sub-par players in that position.

Not excited by this at all. After being linked with the likes of Mbokani, Destro and many more it would be somewhat disappointing and a little embarrasing for the club. I just cannot see us spending lots of money on Jelavic. We all know that McNally and co like value for money and Jelavic is certainly not that. There will be very little re-sale value and its not the marquee signing that the club needs right now.

Mbokani is still the one I hope we sign. Fits the criteria perfectly.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Fr. Chewy Louie"]I don''t fancy him either, but it would be quite amusing to see him and Hooper in the same team, just for your reaction.[/quote]

I don''t know what I''d do with myself! I fly into hyperbole in regards to Hooper, whereas stated,the disgust I have in watching Jelavic is unmatched. I can understand the appreciation people have for Hooper at a certain level (and take issue when anything above that level the same is assumed can happen) than I can of Jelavic at any.[/quote]I''ve got a few ideas. Mostly involving sharp/heavy tools and self harm.

I imagine its just newspaper talk on a no news day.

He is not a contender for a starting place.