Sign in to follow this  
Charles Brough

Signings

Jurgen Colin has signed on!

Is anyone else more excited by the calibre of players worthy has signed for div 1 than he signed for the Premiership (barring Deano of course)??

[quote]Jurgen Colin has signed on! Is anyone else more excited by the calibre of players worthy has signed for div 1 than he signed for the Premiership (barring Deano of course)??[/quote]

In a word, no.

All of them seem very capable and are welcome additions to the squad but I think you may be forgetting the excitement of the signings of Jonson, Helveg and Bentley.  Forget their performances of last year, just remembers when signed, there was a real buzz.  I am not feeling that this time.

Yep, most of the starting XI that beat Man U are still here, and the rest of the squad is definately looking stronger than last season. That is, if they all fulfil their promise, but here''s hoping. Can''t wait for the season to start now!

Where are the moaners when you need them... 1st Wiz?

[quote]Yep, most of the starting XI that beat Man U are still here, and the rest of the squad is definately looking stronger than last season. That is, if they all fulfil their promise, but here''s hoping. Ca...[/quote]

Barring the disaster of ashton going, we are looking in a strong position.  I have never been Nigels biggest fan tactically, but hats off to the guy for bringing in some quality signings whilst making some shrewd money on the departing players.  Well done.  Would be nice to hear whatthe usual moaning minnies on this board have to say after snapping up a quality midfielder and right back.....

Most of last years signings just didn''t cut it for the premiership; Bentley was vastly overrated and arrogant to boot, Helveg, sadly didn''t do it and appears more of a mercenary and Jonson just couldn''t adjust. Big names but no delivery.

I have a good feeling about these latest recruits - it isn''t the premiership, I know, but I''m sure we''ll see maximum effort and realistic quality given the level, not a no show like last year.

The thing is Jc are they quality , have you ever even seen Colin kick a ball ? Hughes according to some Reading fans is no more than a workhorse who attracted the boo boys. Yes they may turn out to be good signings , but they are signings that are a lower class of player than those of last summer.

[quote]Yep, most of the starting XI that beat Man U are still here, and the rest of the squad is definately looking stronger than last season. That is, if they all fulfil their promise, but here''s hoping. Ca...[/quote]

Still here Amarillo, Worthy still hasn''t signed anyone who leaps out at you, yelling quality in my opinion!.

Still time I suppose.

[quote]Still here Amarillo, Worthy still hasn''t signed anyone who leaps out at you, yelling quality in my opinion!. Still time I suppose.[/quote]

Wiz, you love harping on about quality additions and how we haven''t signed any "wow" players, what do you expect?We aren''t a Premiership club, so can''t attract the big names, and we don''t have enough money to sign the Sidwells and Jagielkas.Get with it man, we are a Championship side and we will sign Championship standard players until we get promoted again.However, I believe there are several players in our ranks that are capable at Premiership level, and proved it last year.I think Colin and Jarrett will prove to be good signings with the potential to make the step up with City if we make it.If we get Marney in on the right I''ll be very happy with our squad.

[quote]Still here Amarillo, Worthy still hasn''t signed anyone who leaps out at you, yelling quality in my opinion!. Still time I suppose.[/quote]

What about this post Wiz?

Wow!

We''ve agreed an undisclosed fee with Reading for Hughes (source: official site)

We are discussing terms with him now.

Bloody well done Nigel.    

I''ll be dead pleased if he comes!.

I took that as you being pleased, but perhaps there was a hint of irony/sarcasm!