Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Burnley splashing £9m on Gray

Brentford have accepted a £9m bid from Burnley for striker Andre Gray.

BBC Sport understands the 24-year-old striker will have a medical with

The Bees'' Championship rivals on Friday.

Here we are shows the ambition of Burnley. And Norwich make 1.5 million bid for J.Walters of Stoke I don''t want to have a go at my beloved club but we''re is our ambition every centre forward at moment doesn''t seem to want to come here.do we want to spend some decent money and prove to me and all city supporters that we do mean buisness.Hope city can prove us all wrong otbc

We are offering just under what Walters is worth, considering his age. I doubt we bid £1.5 mil for Benik Afobe or Wolves would have saturated the media with that...

Don''t worry yourself hucks Walters is an unsubstantiated rumour just like pretty much every name we have been linked with so far. Judging by some of the rumours it looks like a lot of the media stuff is just pulled out of thin air. Or like today''s one with Griffiths is probably some hack reading message boards and putting it in as a space filler as Mourinho hasn''t given them enough to write about this week. The only names that have been confirmed as striker targets are Destro and Afobe. Who knows what else the Manager has on his list of targets but am sure he knows what he is doing.

Also who says players are turning us down there is only the Destro link there and fair enough he went to a club in his home country with a good history. Also if he has ambitions to play for his country again Italy is the place to be. Everything else seems to point at clubs wanting crazy money for players. Look at Gray, 9m for a guy who''s a decent championship striker. I''d pass on that too unless it was 5/6m tops.

£9m for Gray is far, far too much even in this market we are in nowadays. I''ve seen £7m quoted elsewhere and even that seems steep for a 24-year-old with only one year of league football under his belt, and a scoring rate of 18 in 47 (which is good, but not £9m good).Walters for £1.5m would''ve been a far better value acquisition.Just because we have Premier League money in our pockets, doesn''t mean we should switch our brains off and spend it frivolously.

Completely agree, he has potential but he isn''t at this level yet tbh!That

and from Burnley''s perspective they lost half of their defence over the

summer and by the looks of it keeping goals out is an issue already so

trying to outscore their opponents seems to be their tactic and it

probably won''t work.

[quote user="Dead Canary"]The local paper in Burnley also suggests the fee is nearer 6m than 9.[/quote]

The local Burney paper also has add on clause of 2 whippets, 3 flatcaps and a new home for 20 pigeons. The last bit would be a major coup