Sign in to follow this  
NCFC198

Aviva to end main sponsorship deal

[quote user="Vanwink"]LDC "on the way back from London on my moped"

Interesting[/quote]It was. My parents moved to South Norfolk when I went to college.  The journey was fine on my Honda 70  up to Bury St Edmunds, but the last twenty or so miles were, as you say, interesting.......

Hear that a Chinese mobile phone company will be on our shirts next season, their called 歡迎您來到中國 and goal is to be a household name and cell lots of phones across the UK, look out apple.

Who needs Aviva when you have 歡迎您來到中國

We''re supposedly a family club, yet Aviva have been our main sponsors for several years and we''ve just announced Coral as a sponsorship partner.For the long term good of the area we ought to seek a productive company to be our main sponsor instead of auctioning the role off to the highest bidder. I''m sure the club would attract more goodwill if they avoided the big corporates, especially ones which engage in questionable activities.There''s enough money from tv rights for the club to be able to stick two fingers up to corporate behemoths like Aviva. It you get into bed with a company like that then you''re liable to wake up homeless.

Re: Aviva to end main sponsorship deal

We''re supposedly a family club, yet Aviva have been our main sponsors for several years and we''ve just announced Coral as a sponsorship partner.

For the long term good of the area we ought to seek a productive company to be our main sponsor instead of auctioning the role off to the highest bidder. I''m sure the club would attract more goodwill if they avoided the big corporates, especially ones which engage in questionable activities.

There''s enough money from tv rights for the club to be able to stick two fingers up to corporate behemoths like Aviva. It you get into bed with a company like that then you''re liable to wake up homeless.

Nonsence, we are a global brand and should exploit that for all it''s worth.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I should imagine this is a bit of a blow to NCFC. Aviva are by far  the biggest company in Norfolk, with a turnover in excess of  £15 million.  The second biggest (Greene King) only has a turnover of  £1 million.   Quite a difference.    I presume we will need to get a sponsor from outside  Norfolk who can afford enough to make it worthwhile - it will be interesting to see what happens and will probably depend on how we do over the next season or two.  We probably won''t know until the last minute because any possible big money sponsor would want to make sure we are going to be in the premier league before committing. 

[/quote]Greene King have just topped £1BN in revenue and are a local ish business. Wouldn''t be the worst idea if we wanted to stay local however if we are in the multi national market that is the Premier League then we will get Multi national interest in our business as a sponsor so I think we have bigger offers potentially round the corner than Aviva could of offered even if they tried to keep us....

Can anyone remind me what the Sheepshanks family relationship with Greene King was ? I don''t think its there anymore but sure it was once, hence the history with them lot down the road and Greene King in the past?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Can anyone remind me what the Sheepshanks family relationship with Greene King was ? I don''t think its there anymore but sure it was once, hence the history with them lot down the road and Greene King in the past?[/quote]Used to sponsor the scum down the road from 95 til about 2002? I think sheepshagger may of had an executive or non-executive role with them too at some point as well as GK having a community link to ITFC similar to what Aviva are taking with us.

"opportunityisnowhere" The answer is much closer to home than we all possibly realise !

On the board of Greene King is Alan Bowket, also holding board positions at Redrow Builders, McCarthy and Stone retirement and of course NCFC, companies he is associated with have a combined value of £33b yes that''s 33 billion pounds, look no further as "opportunityisnowhere" should actually read" opportunity is now here"