Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Under Lambert..

We didn''t win a game until 17th SeptemberFor the first month we only had 2 points.We drew to Wigan (Away) and Stoke (Home)We lost to Chelsea (away) and West Brom (Home)Most people would agree our team was worse now than what we have currently.Yes the premier league has changed... you can argue mid table teams have improved... but so have we since then.Point tomorrow and it''s 4 from 3... win and it''s 6 from 3.Hardly bad is it...

Exactly Reading, i really dont understand why people are panicking, we are not going to win the league, to finish top half would be Major Success. We are similar but better than Lamberts 1st prem season i reckon, we will be competitive under Alex, but people have to understand that we may well lose more than we win, but thats ok, as long as survive, improve and evolve . Cup run would be nice, Wembley felt very homely.

True. didn''t we start Chris Martin for most of those early games? Then he was dropped by Lambert and.... no, let''s not go there.

Also, didn''t we concede penalties in our first five Prem games that season ?

Anyway I see no need for us to compare with that season. This season we''ve lost at home thanks only to the ref, with a decent ref we''d have had 1 or 3 points in that game. And we''ve had a dominant away win, yes the other side were bad but it was a more comfortable away win than we had in the Champ last season. Tomorrow, if we get a point that''s decent, a win and we''ll be pleased with ourselves, and that doesn''t need to be compared with any other season.