Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Lee Griffiths

Sky reporting we are after him to replace a Celtic bound Hooper. Please God No!

This would be a desperate move after all the strikers we have been linked with.

Not good enough for Norwich

Lol. Well he''s more ''mobile'' than Hooper and may suit us better. Could just as easily go for someone like Gray though. I thought we wanted a tallish, athletic, pacey sort of striker like Jerome, but who knows.

I guess Griffiths would be like a little wasp and could be quite useful up front, even in the lone role. Certainly scored goals at whatever levels he''s played at.

He looks like the lovechild of Peter Beardsley and Ann Widdecombe. I don''t think I could bear to look at him, regardless of his ability as a footballer.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]much sooner we kept Hooper. This would be a step backwards rather than forwards[/quote]

Getting rid of Hooper is addition through subtraction, it''s as simple as that. No way is getting rid of garbage like Hooper a "step back"

Give hooper game time and he will score goals. He got 8 in our relegation season and only played about half the games. he got double figures last season and also only played half the games. He can come on and score a goal at any level though i accept Jerome at the moment is the logical first choice. Griffiths has only scored in Scotland and league 1 so his potential has to be with that caviat

Leigh or Lee. It''s doesn''t really matter. Not good enough for the Premier League. I will be seriously disillusioned if this happens. Destroy,Mbokani,Adobe then .......... Griffiths. C''mon really !!!!!

To be fair sky are reporting that the mirror says we are in for leigh Griffiths.

A bit different than sky and the mirror reporting it.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Give hooper game time and he will score goals. He got 8 in our relegation season and only played about half the games. he got double figures last season and also only played half the games. He can come on and score a goal at any level though i accept Jerome at the moment is the logical first choice. Griffiths has only scored in Scotland and league 1 so his potential has to be with that caviat[/quote]

He DID NOT SCORE 8 PL GOALS the year we got relegated, jesus christ. HE SCORED 6 (2 of which were PKS and 1 was a deflection from 35 yards out that was only a goal due to the deflection). HE STARTED 24 GAMES 9 MORE THAN ANY OTHER STRIKER. This idiocy is amazing.

I''m inclined to go with whatever AN reckons: if he doesn''t rate Hooper and thinks Griffiths is a better bet that''s good enough for me - I imagine he knows Griffiths''s game pretty well having been up there.

If this is who we have saved the No 9 shirt for its must be a sick joke

Has he ever played in England above L1

We must be desperate

where do these rumours come from Celtic are not interested in hooper ..Ronnie Delia the manager has never heard of Gary hooper. and griffiths is only 25 and far superior.