Sign in to follow this  
BigFish

Anyone still want Neil Lennon?

Early days but it does look like he might actually be the man to get Bolton out of the Champs..........wrong way though.

Any of his many fans on here want to put their hands up and say they could possibly be mistaken?

[quote user="Newton"]BF Many did back in Jan - I never did, we have not looked back

NO[/quote]

Who wrote this then?

Lennon for Norwich or WBA      http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3127755/ShowPost.aspx[quote user="Newton"]

Anyone have any more info on where he is heading ?

We certainly need him here he would shake our squad up, clear out the

dead wood & has a proven track record of getting players to perform

above there abilities (who does that sound like)

Fingers crossed

PS Lets hope he has Commons with him

[/quote]

Highland does! He''s not around this week but will be back singing LLennon''s praises and slating our own at the first sniff of a loss...

Molly Windley wrote the following post at 20/08/2015 4:18 PM:

Newton wrote:

BF Many did back in Jan - I never did, we have not looked back NO

Who wrote this then?

Lennon for Norwich or WBA http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3127755/ShowPost.aspx

Newton wrote:

Anyone have any more info on where he is heading ?

We certainly need him here he would shake our squad up, clear out the dead wood & has a proven track record of getting players to perform above there abilities (who does that sound like)

Fingers crossed

PS Lets hope he has Commons with him

Trolly Molly You are also a complete half whit

That post was made when the Board searched Europe and found tea boy Adams

Yes I did prefer him over Adams and the others in the frame at the time- didn''t you?

Oh but then I forgot you don''t have opinions do you - just silly comments

Absolute ridiculous post well done Trolly Molly - keep it up very entertaining

Nice weather -Trolls out in full tonight

Dead Beat Lesser of course Trolly Molly & Slappy

What fun we will have insulting everyone

TEHEHE

You are all such big boys - Brill

Got anything to add - views comments of value - doubt it you don''t normally

Neil Lennon is proof of how easy the Celtic job is...anyone off this message board could probably win the league with them.A real shame for Scottish football, but if someone else could win the league before Rangers make it back up it could shake things up a bit

Yep. Hands up. I wanted him too and was really unimpressed when we got Alex Who?

How wrong was I? McNally has been the best thing for this club in recent times. On a par with Lambert, Holt, Wes and Neil.

(I''m not ashamed to admit it either - good work Molly!)

I think you''re all being a bit harsh on Lennon''s credentials to be fair.

He did very well at Bolton last season- they were in real danger of relegation when he took over but they ended up surviving comfortably.

As for this season, Bolton are fairly skint right now so he has far less to spend than some other managers in that division, so if they don''t do much this season it will be hard to blame Lennon.

I still think he''s a decent manager at Championship level, but obviously the one we have is better...

I was never vocally against him. But didn''t understand peoples, including Highlands, admiration of a guy who hadn''t even proven himself at championship level. And now he''s been given a chance, he looks a below average champs manager at best.

I was one who wanted him at the time. And to be fair to him he is hardly a failure yet ,so i don''t know why the OP is so quick to slag off those who wanted him here. in fact whats to say he wouldn''t have done the same job as AN with the squad he would have inherited. And what would have AN done with the Bolton squad had he gone there.

Oh dear me Newton you have been caught yet again with your pants down and true to form all you can come up with is that anybody who catches you out with false statements and questions dubious information is that they a troll with no opinions who just makes silly comments whilst at the same time mocking their usernames.Pathetic and don''t bother replying as i know what the tired response will be.

Tilly you very funny

I made a comment in May 2014, when Delia & Co claimed they had searched Europe for a Manager & were about to appoint Adams

The majority on this board could not think of a worse appointment

Apparently, you Miggins Morty and the rest of the Trolls thought it was good ??????

Only a half whit of your magnitude (and sadly those listed above) could now twist this into I prefer Lennon to Neil - who was appointed when your man did a runner in Jan

You all need to go on a common sense course - cause none of you have got any ?

But then if it keeps you amused I am happy

There were some people that wanted Lennon at the beginning of last season, but there were plenty of people who didn''t.   The list was underwhelming in the extreme, Malky, Rosler, etc etc.   Thank goodness we didn''t fall into those traps and stuck with Adams.   He set us off on to the top of the league and set us up for the expectation of promotion - and the rest is history.    Lennon?   Was unproven then and is unproven now. In the meantime we''ve been promoted.

never wanted him but will admit did for one afternoon then we named adams and I thought oh we missed that ginger bullet

foul horrible man (with no soul)

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]I think you''re all being a bit harsh on Lennon''s credentials to be fair.

He did very well at Bolton last season- they were in real danger of relegation when he took over but they ended up surviving comfortably.

As for this season, Bolton are fairly skint right now so he has far less to spend than some other managers in that division,
so if they don''t do much this season it will be hard to blame Lennon.

I still think he''s a decent manager at Championship level, but obviously the one we have is better...[/quote]The picture is a bit more complicated than that. In his first 12 games at Bolton Lennon had 7 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats. A points per game of 2.0. Since then, in the next 26, the record is 5 wins, 8 draws and 13 defeats, or 0.88 ppg.Which tends to support the fear I and other posters had, that Lennon is one of those managers (like Stuart Pearce) who comes into a club that is underperforming (which Bolton certainly were) like a whirlwind and is inspiring, for a while. But then the lack of tactical nous takes over and results worsen. That said, it is true Bolton are shorter of money than some of their rivals in that division. But there are other clubs there, including Ipswich, that have and are managing OK despite that handicap.Lennon may still prove to be a decent manager, but the argument here at the time from at least a couple of posters was that he was so good, based solely on his time at Celtic, that with him in charge from the start of the season we would have been cast-iron certainties for the top two. Given the way Bolton''s performances have sharply fallen away after a good start it is fair to say that argument has any credibility it had.

Of course you can''t prove that Lennon wouldn''t have done what Alex Neil has done. But all signs suggest not. There''s also nothing to prove that Alex Neil wouldn''t have done better with Bolton than Lennon did. But the signs suggest he would.

Finally it can''t be proved that Lennon would have done better than Adams. In fact the signs suggest he wouldn''t. Adams wasn''t the failure some make him out to have been. If he was we wouldn''t have been promoted.

And as sure as night follows day up comes Newton with yet another incorrect load of old tosh littered with untruths. [:''(]

If the choice was still Neil Lennon or Neil Radio Adams then yes i would take Lennon every time, ones a football manager the other one is not and never will be .