Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Is Hooper the new Morison?

Continuing speculation that Hooper is on the way out before the window closes - Hull, Celtic etc.Looks like we''re desperate to get rid of him just like we were with Morison.Who knows we might get another Bechio in return.

There''s always been rumours about Hooper leaving. We always hear the he''s unhappy, doesn''t want to be here, club wants to get rid etc. lines trotted out. If he wanted out he would have went already I think. He is a far more saleable asset than the strikers we actually need to move on. Lafferty and Van Wolfswinkel are the ones we need to move on first. Hooper has something to offer the squad either as sub to snatch a goal or as an alternative to Wes in the hole. Hence he has been on the bench and the other two are nowhere to be seen.

Also the article last week where he talks of his ambitions, playing in the premier league and playing for England. None of these rumours will give him the first and most certainly not a crack at the second one. I''m sure he would see us as the best option he has of proving himself in the premier league at the moment.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Continuing speculation that Hooper is on the way out before the window closes - Hull, Celtic etc.Looks like we''re desperate to get rid of him just like we were with Morison.Who knows we might get another Bechio in return.[/quote]The only one who appears ''desperate'' is, imo, you!

[quote user="Making Plans"]Looks like we''re desperate to get rid of him just like we were with Morison.[/quote]I''ve not heard anything remotely suggesting that is the case, neither from the club or the player himself.I take it you must have inside sources rather than just the normal internet rumours. Care to tell us more?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Making Plans"]Looks like we''re desperate to get rid of him just like we were with Morison.[/quote]I''ve not heard anything remotely suggesting that is the case, neither from the club or the player himself.I take it you must have inside sources rather than just the normal internet rumours. Care to tell us more?

[/quote]So now it''s Shef Weds. Too many rumours & reports about Hooper going for it not to be a distinct possibilty. And AN yesterday didn''t say that he was definitely staying.“As far as I am concerned there is no interest in Gary Hooper. There has

been a lot of speculation in the media but until anything is concrete

then we won’t be commenting on it,” he said.Expect a comment on it any day now