Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

Charlie Austin, next day or two.

Unibet have been 33/1 all evening DDD. Mind you, I am rather hoping this comes off, as Bor''s public proclamation would bring some amusement.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]Unibet have been 33/1 all evening DDD. Mind you, I am rather hoping this comes off, as Bor''s public proclamation would bring some amusement.[/quote]14/1 now [:P]

Wouldn''t surprise me if the OP works for a bookmaker

You plonkers throwing the odd £10 on this three legged horse is easy money for the bookies.

The more this shortens the more money will be thrown on. This is just like the destro saga.

Save your money.

It will if all the others have dropped their prices, you''ve got to remember that bookies also bet with each other so the first one to take bets on it will have layed the bet onto the others with higher odds then they all panic and go down like a cheap whore

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]So just one small will shorten the odds that much?[/quote]Depends how active the market is - if a bookie hasn''t taken many bets on an outcome (and this one is, I would imagine, pretty niche), and all of a sudden money comes in on a certain outcome, the bookie will shorten the odds to protect itself against paying out too much in the event of those bets being placed with inside information. Bookies will always be extra-vigilant on those rare markets where the outcome can be pre-known - obviously (fixing aside) the overwhelming majority of betting events concern things that are unpredictable or fluid.However, it''s conceivable that someone could know a player''s whereabouts, or at least that they''re having discussions with a club, and therefore be able to place a bet with privileged information. That''s why the odds will fall so quickly if the bookies sense someone might be ''in the know''. Obviously this can precipitate a chain-reaction, where a ''strong rumour'' causes people to place money on the outcome, and the odds come flying in at a rate of knots, which can in turn feed online rumours in media outlets, which can inform betting patterns - it''s a symbiotic relationship, especially when you have media outlets aligned to betting companies - Sky Sports and Sky Bet, for example.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]It will if all the others have dropped their prices, you''ve got to remember that bookies also bet with each other so the first one to take bets on it will have layed the bet onto the others with higher odds then they all panic and go down like a cheap whore[/quote]Hadn''t seen that before I posted, but yeah that''s also a factor.

Just saying, but nowhere does the OP say hes signing for norwich

Sorry just far to used to city 1sts ".... Signs" posts

Could the OP put a credible piece of inside knowledge on here where the odds are also at 50/1 where random PUPs can throw silly money at this banker. From the profits made, reinvest in buying Austin for the club and fans alike - little offsets here and there to reduce the price in Fer fee and pushing RVW to the Championship and then it''s maybe feasible if the fixed fee is £15mil

So we''re getting so desperate on here now that we''ve resorted to betting on players we would like to sign in an attempt to shorten their odds on joining us - no doubt to fool ourselves into believing they are actually on their way?!!!

I''ll bet you your fiver we don''t sign any big name strikers in this window, not Charlie Austin or even Tracey Austin for that matter. If anything it will be a desperate 11th hour loan deal for a wet-behind-the-ears youngster (in the Harry Kane mould) or an over-the-hill money grabber (in the Johan Elmander mould).

Do I have any takers?! No? Now what were the odds on that!

[quote user="ruthers1"]So we''re getting so desperate on here now that we''ve resorted to betting on players we would like to sign in an attempt to shorten their odds on joining us - no doubt to fool ourselves into believing they are actually on their way?!!!

I''ll bet you your fiver we don''t sign any big name strikers in this window, not Charlie Austin or even Tracey Austin for that matter. If anything it will be a desperate 11th hour loan deal for a wet-behind-the-ears youngster (in the Harry Kane mould) or an over-the-hill money grabber (in the Johan Elmander mould).

Do I have any takers?! No? Now what were the odds on that![/quote]

Id take the next Harry Kane on a loan. Under this management he''d be a lot more likely to succeed where Kane failed with us.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1/3040471/ShowPost.aspx#3040471

Also said we were getting Zigic another time

"What''s the odds for ''stone cold'' Steve Austin to sign for us?"

Anyone remember ''Steve Austin - the six million dollar man'' from seventies TV? The guy with the super human powers?

Then how can Charlie boy be worth £15m at today''s prices?!

Another potential Dean Ashton situation where we wish we had hot him sooner...? Having seen Andre Gray is worth £9m I actually think Austin is a steal at £15m.

I do actually highly rate Jerome and personally think Grabban is our weakest link in terms of finishing ability. I would probably keep Hooper over him and just feel he needs more match practice, even if just from the bench.

With us preferring one striker, how many do we need do people think?

you still need four

if not you have no options form the bench to change formations and influence games at times alex has gone with 3 strikers as the game comes to a close

This is not happening. 0% chance. Just like an English summer. 0% of fairly ok sort of decent weather.

Well now, something tells me Scottlarock''s confidence might have been misplaced.
It''s like my Edin Dzeko thread, he was coming here until Roma stuck their beak in.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Another potential Dean Ashton situation apart from the fact it''s nothing like the Dean Ashton situation.[/quote]

Isn''t it...? We were unwilling to pay the money for Ashton until after it was too late. We should have bought Ashton earlier. We could potentially find ourselves looking for someone in the next window when AN clearly thinks we need to strengthen now.

Personally, I am not too fussed as long as Jerome stays fit but don''t really rate our other options much.